Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38

Thread: West 'seeks Iran disintegration'

  1. #11
    Advisor Midwest Lib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    512

    Re: West 'seeks Iran disintegration'

    Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    Nobody is that stupid.

    Stop Trolling.
    I guess that makes two people that stupid, at least here on this board. So, please, entertain our stupidity and answer the question redress asked. And, if you could be so kind as to link to a credible source (read: "Not Op Ed)"whilst doing so, it would help greatly, as we are so slow on the uptake. Thanks!
    Last edited by Midwest Lib; 06-22-09 at 08:02 PM.

  2. #12
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: West 'seeks Iran disintegration'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Obama has done exactly as he should throughout this crisis
    Dear Leader has only done exactly what he should if you are arguing he should stand to one side and let the world pass by. Were Dear Leader a good leader he would not be pushed along by these events, but would have from the beginning spoken from a bedrock of American principle.

    When it takes a man a full week to remember that rights of assembly and free speech are American rights as well, are American virtues as well, and that the natural affinity of America is towards those who desire free speech and free assembly, that man is not doing what any President of the United States should be doing. That man is not leading.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: West 'seeks Iran disintegration'

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    The public statements by Dear Leader on Iran have been reactive and reluctant. Instead of taking a stand, articulating core American principles that coincide with the demands of the protesters, using American ideals to find common cause with the protesters, he has attempted to avoid the issue altogether. His latest and strongest statement would have been workmanlike for the occasion--except it was delivered a week late, thus rendering what little strength it otherwise possessed impotent.
    ...

    Dear Leader is properly and roundly criticized for his artless response to Iran. When a people voiced their desire for freedom, Dear Leader once again voted "present."

    That was a well explained post by you.

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: West 'seeks Iran disintegration'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Celticlord whines about Obama continuously, and as usual, his logic is faulty. Obama has done exactly as he should throughout this crisis, and mostly just a few hyper-partisan's are complaining about what he as done. Keep up using this as just another chance to throw a hissy because you don't like the president though.
    Troll more.

  5. #15
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,266
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: West 'seeks Iran disintegration'

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    Dear Leader has only done exactly what he should if you are arguing he should stand to one side and let the world pass by. Were Dear Leader a good leader he would not be pushed along by these events, but would have from the beginning spoken from a bedrock of American principle.

    When it takes a man a full week to remember that rights of assembly and free speech are American rights as well, are American virtues as well, and that the natural affinity of America is towards those who desire free speech and free assembly, that man is not doing what any President of the United States should be doing. That man is not leading.
    If Obama had jumped right in and taken a stand, you would have bitched he was jumping the gun. You are in an excellent position in that you can bitch about whatever he does, and you do.

    He stated first off that he was troubled by the results. When it became clear the results where fixed, he took a stand against the results, and with the protesters. That was the right way to handle it.

    You might have some small amount of credibility in your bitching if you did not spend all your time complaining about every trivial thing you can find.

  6. #16
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,266
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: West 'seeks Iran disintegration'

    Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    ...




    That was a well explained post by you.
    Going to support your claim yet Triad, or continue to hide and make wild, unfounded accusations?

  7. #17
    Advisor Midwest Lib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    512

    Re: West 'seeks Iran disintegration'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Going to support your claim yet Triad, or continue to hide and make wild, unfounded accusations?
    Doubtful. It's much easier just to call the opposing debater a troll than backing up his argument. Isn't faulty logic fun?

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: West 'seeks Iran disintegration'

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    Dear Leader has only done exactly what he should if you are arguing he should stand to one side and let the world pass by. Were Dear Leader a good leader he would not be pushed along by these events, but would have from the beginning spoken from a bedrock of American principle.

    When it takes a man a full week to remember that rights of assembly and free speech are American rights as well, are American virtues as well, and that the natural affinity of America is towards those who desire free speech and free assembly, that man is not doing what any President of the United States should be doing. That man is not leading.


    ..and now if you look around you start to see subtle attempts to claim the people of Iran rose up because of Obama's speech in Cairo.
    "As I said in Cairo,"
    Once again ..it about himself and his "speech"

  9. #19
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: West 'seeks Iran disintegration'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    If Obama had jumped right in and taken a stand, you would have bitched he was jumping the gun. You are in an excellent position in that you can bitch about whatever he does, and you do.
    I have said for several days now that Dear Leader should be speaking emphatically about the rights to free speech, free assembly, and free elections. Of a certainty Dear Leader's stand for free speech and free assembly should have preceded Khamenei's Friday address. There were no principles articulated in Dear Leader's statement that attended upon Khamenei's speech. Dear Leader's statement, said a week earlier, would have been vastly more influential, without lending any credence to charges of "meddling" (which charges came anyway even with Dear Leader's feckless responses to events).

    If Dear Leader had said such things in a timely fashion I would be commending him for his Presidential response. When I find agreement with his handling of things, I am not shy about saying so, as you know quite well.

  10. #20
    Advisor Midwest Lib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    512

    Re: West 'seeks Iran disintegration'

    Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    ..and now if you look around you start to see subtle attempts to claim the people of Iran rose up because of Obama's speech in Cairo.
    "As I said in Cairo,"
    Once again ..it about himself and his "speech"
    That is a huge flaw in your logic. YOU are making it about himself and his speech. You are so stuck on opposing the Obama administration that you don't step back for a second and realize that not every person on the left is exactly as you describe them. So you say that several people on the left have started to make "subtle attempts..." and make it seem as if because of idolatry of Obama from a select group of the democratic party (read: "The far left") that all democrats and liberals must feel that way. I do agree with many of the things Obama has and is trying to accomplish. There ARE also policies of his, both economical and social that I am against. It's people like you that make the split in this country so bad. Most people aren't extreme, yet policy and public perception of policy is only shown on the two extremes. People are so intertwined by the drama caused by the two opposing factions that nobody even really cares about what news is anymore, but instead what is entertaining, taboo, or scandalous.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •