Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 109

Thread: Greece demands UK return Elgin marbles

  1. #91
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Greece demands UK return Elgin marbles

    Quote Originally Posted by B L Zeebub View Post

    You really should do your homework
    Link does not work. Try again.


  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-04-10 @ 04:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,289

    Re: Greece demands UK return Elgin marbles

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Link does not work. Try again.
    do you see the itsy bitsy red cross, then below to the right Mori/url clic on it

  3. #93
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Greece demands UK return Elgin marbles

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Almost all my life.
    My Grandfather was part of the British Army as was my Dad and now my Brother. 3 generations. What does being a citizen of UK entail? Carrying a British passport? Having family who have served the country? Observing and following the laws? Being born here? Being loyal to UK? Contributing to the society?

    What is your point and how does it connect to the Elgin Marbles?
    Just wondering where your moral compass came from.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #94
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Greece demands UK return Elgin marbles

    Quote Originally Posted by B L Zeebub View Post
    do you see the itsy bitsy red cross, then below to the right Mori/url clic on it
    Linking me the site does not take away from my main contention with the data.

    Less than 3,000 is unrepresentative of the population of the United Kingdom which reaches near to 61 million. True or False?
    Also i have no idea what the researcher asked, answers can be different in accordance to how the question is asked and framed.
    Lastly, we have no idea the background of these people. What qualifies being "familiar with the issue"? Knowing the history or just what it is?


  5. #95
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Greece demands UK return Elgin marbles

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Just wondering where your moral compass came from.
    Morality is subjective.

    To use it on a case in which ownership and possession comes into play is useless and will get us no where.

    My compass differs from everyone elses, laws are not based on such things and neither is ownership therefore the argument of morality means nothing in this subject. It is legalities that matters.


  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-04-10 @ 04:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,289

    Re: Greece demands UK return Elgin marbles

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Linking me the site does not take away from my main contention with the data.

    Less than 3,000 is unrepresentative of the population of the United Kingdom which reaches near to 61 million. True or False?
    Also i have no idea what the researcher asked, answers can be different in accordance to how the question is asked and framed.
    Lastly, we have no idea the background of these people. What qualifies being "familiar with the issue"? Knowing the history or just what it is?
    you left out "my bad", ask Mori I did, need I say more

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-04-10 @ 04:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,289

    Re: Greece demands UK return Elgin marbles

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Morality is subjective.

    To use it on a case in which ownership and possession comes into play is useless and will get us no where.

    My compass differs from everyone elses, laws are not based on such things and neither is ownership therefore the argument of morality means nothing in this subject. It is legalities that matters.

  8. #98
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Greece demands UK return Elgin marbles

    Ignoring my questions i see ....

    The data is flawed, why can you not acknowledge that?


  9. #99
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Greece demands UK return Elgin marbles

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Morality is subjective.

    To use it on a case in which ownership and possession comes into play is useless and will get us no where.

    My compass differs from everyone elses, laws are not based on such things and neither is ownership therefore the argument of morality means nothing in this subject. It is legalities that matters.
    Morality is subjective to liberals, so they don't have to have any.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #100
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Greece demands UK return Elgin marbles

    Quote Originally Posted by B L Zeebub View Post
    If this is the full extent of your contribution, why are you still on this thread?


Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •