Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 181

Thread: Senate Backs Apology for Slavery

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Arrow Re: Senate Backs Apology for Slavery

    Now I do not support an apology, but I won't go this far

    Quote Originally Posted by GySgt View Post
    Bring it back.

  2. #132
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:14 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,057

    Re: Senate Backs Apology for Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Grr I hate that ****ing term.

    Its so god damned racist.

    As if they are not worthy of being regular AMericans, they have to be "African" Americans.

    Agreed, and it's puzzling why black people are the ones that insist upon it.

    They fail to see the inherent racism of affirmative action, too, which basically says that blacks aren't as capable as whites, so we have to handicap the field to give them a fair chance.

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Senate Backs Apology for Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    They fail to see the inherent racism of affirmative action, too, which basically says that blacks aren't as capable as whites, so we have to handicap the field to give them a fair chance.
    I don't agree with Affirmative action in today's time, but no that is not what Affirmative Action is stating. Affirmative Action is stating that whites who hire people are majority racist and will not hire blacks because they are black, so we will level the playing field to not allow racists to have free reign.

    Again, I don't agree with AA being done now, but at a time, there was a definite need for it.

  4. #134
    Student The Jovial One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Last Seen
    07-20-09 @ 11:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    160

    Re: Senate Backs Apology for Slavery

    As much as I love reading a bunch of whitebread knuckleheads telling Blacks what they should think, what they should call themselves and how they should feel, let me just step back and wonder which of you was MOST harmed by this apology, and what form did that alleged "harm" take?
    When you can't win an election outside of the south or mountain west, the answer to your problems is NOT "more of the same, but LOUDER!!!"


  5. #135
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492

    Re: Senate Backs Apology for Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by The Jovial One View Post
    As much as I love reading a bunch of whitebread knuckleheads telling Blacks what they should think, what they should call themselves and how they should feel, let me just step back and wonder which of you was MOST harmed by this apology, and what form did that alleged "harm" take?





    "whitebread knuckleheads telling blacks"?


    I'm sorry, I think we were telling the knuckleheads in the senate.



    What harm does it do? It causes separation, WE are sorry to YOU....


    Not we Americans. But you americans and us Americans.


    It's time to get over it an move on....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #136
    Student The Jovial One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Last Seen
    07-20-09 @ 11:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    160

    Re: Senate Backs Apology for Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    "whitebread knuckleheads telling blacks"?


    I'm sorry, I think we were telling the knuckleheads in the senate.



    What harm does it do? It causes separation, WE are sorry to YOU....


    Not we Americans. But you americans and us Americans.


    It's time to get over it an move on....
    Yes. We know how you conservatives feel about "inclusion..."
    When you can't win an election outside of the south or mountain west, the answer to your problems is NOT "more of the same, but LOUDER!!!"


  7. #137
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: Senate Backs Apology for Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by The Jovial One View Post
    Yes. We know how you conservatives feel about "inclusion..."
    Well as a black man I can tell you the apology was nothing more than "white guilt" and in the grand design was completely worthless.

    It does nothing but add salt to an old wound. People alive today had nothing to do with slavery or it's practice. So are the sons now guilty for the sins of the father?

    As for the "African American" stupidity. Again it is nothing but more salt and causes even more of a divide. We are "Americans" it's not like we had any choice in our heritage. I am not African and don't really care about Africa, so why the hell should I put up with being called African American? I am an American with a dark skin color woohoo!

    This whole slavery thing is for the birds.

    Now that I think about it all liberals have given the black man is a welfare state and affirmative action. Well thanks, we appreciate the fact you don't think we can make it on an even playing field.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 06-23-09 at 01:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Senate Backs Apology for Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    washingtonpost.com

    The Senate Resolution is non binding and " It Cannot Be Used in Reparations Cases"

    I know that this is a feel good action on the part of the Club of One Hundred but apologizing for slavery is about time.

    Does anyone think that the Senate should not have appologized ? If so why.

    Does anyone think that the Senate should have made this a binding resolution AND made it with reparartions ?

    If so why.

    Does any think that now that the Senate has passed this resolution Blacks shoudl shut up already, get back to work, and don't cause any more problems ?

    Does anyone think that all of the 99 serving Senators should be thrown out of office for passing this resolution ?
    What a patently useless and meaningless gesture made by a legislature that is more inclined to make useless meaningless gestures and spending tax payers into a black hole of debt for the next decades rather than actually leading.

    Tell me something, why does THIS Congress need to apologize for something that happened before many of them were even born?

    I always thought that fighting a dramatic costly war, the most costly in terms of loss of life in our history, was more than enough to show that as a nation we decided that slavery was NOT an accepted norm. In the 1960ís we passed broad based legislation that made segregation illegal and spent vast sums of tax payer money destroying any lingering vestiges of public racism.

    The price was paid, the efforts have been made, and now it is time for minorities to stand themselves up and become independent from the Government teat in my opinion. It is time for blacks to say enough is enough; we do not wish as a race to be dependent wards of the State and are going to promote efforts that support fathers being fathers and parents who make every effort to educate their children so that they have the chances and opportunities their parents and grand parents never had.

    Until they do that, they will never move the bar enough to get their people out of the downward spiral that Government dependency always leads to.

    This apology, much like the Democrat policies that have done NOTHING to make their situation better, is a waste of time and nothing more than another typical Democrat/Liberal feel good event which basically does NOTHING other than allow a bunch of old white Liberals pat themselves on the back and feel GOOD that they have now put this issue behind them and can now spend MORE time passing bills they cannot pay for.

  9. #139
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492

    Re: Senate Backs Apology for Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by The Jovial One View Post
    Yes. We know how you conservatives feel about "inclusion..."


    We are not the ones making it "us" and "them" lib.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Senate Backs Apology for Slavery

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Well as a black man I can tell you the apology was nothing more than "white guilt" and in the grand design was completely worthless.

    It does nothing but add salt to an old wound. People alive today had nothing to do with slavery or it's practice. So are the sons now guilty for the sins of the father?

    As for the "African American" stupidity. Again it is nothing but more salt and causes even more of a divide. We are "Americans" it's not like we had any choice in our heritage. I am not African and don't really care about Africa, so why the hell should I put up with being called African American? I am an American with a dark skin color woohoo!

    This whole slavery thing is for the birds.

    Now that I think about it all liberals have given the black man is a welfare state and affirmative action. Well thanks, we appreciate the fact you don't think we can make it on an even playing field.
    What can I say to this but.......

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •