Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 52

Thread: U.S. House votes overwhelmingly for Iranian resolution

  1. #11
    User johnjoel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    07-23-09 @ 07:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    144

    Re: U.S. House votes overwhelmingly for Iranian resolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    There is a difference between morally and verbally supporting freedom, and interventionism involving U.S. forces and dollars.
    So Congress was working for free when they passed this resolution? Cool!
    About time.
    I'm what Willis was talkin' bout.

  2. #12
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: U.S. House votes overwhelmingly for Iranian resolution

    Quote Originally Posted by johnjoel View Post
    Because it takes tax payer dollars for Congress to verbally support events.




    Evidently...
    Sorry, but I don't really understand what you're saying to reply to it adequately.

    Personally, I find our election system to be a joke so I find it ridiculous that we are spending time in the house penning legislation to smear another nation.

    Those entrenched in our two party system uses every power at their disposal to circumvent free and fair elections.

  3. #13
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: U.S. House votes overwhelmingly for Iranian resolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    There is a difference between morally and verbally supporting freedom, and interventionism involving U.S. forces and dollars.
    As good as I feel about this move, I feel that it is rather pointless. The U.S. will not act to support an uprising in Iran, and if the protesters count on such support by feeling this is implied through the message, and as Khameni promised, violent oppression occurs with no U.S. help, then anti-U.S. sentiment in the country will surely rise.

  4. #14
    Walk with me in hell.
    stekim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    09-21-10 @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: U.S. House votes overwhelmingly for Iranian resolution

    Quote Originally Posted by johnjoel View Post
    So Congress was working for free when they passed this resolution? Cool!
    About time.
    Congress is in session now. They are getting paid the same thing whether they pass no resolutions or 5,000 of them. They do not get paid per resolution, so your comment literally makes no sense. .
    Wow. Am I awesome or what?

  5. #15
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: U.S. House votes overwhelmingly for Iranian resolution

    Quote Originally Posted by stekim View Post
    Congress is in session now. They are getting paid the same thing whether they pass no resolutions or 5,000 of them. They do not get paid per resolution, so your comment literally makes no sense. .
    mental note to never let you run a company with limited resources.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: U.S. House votes overwhelmingly for Iranian resolution

    Quote Originally Posted by johnjoel View Post
    So Congress was working for free when they passed this resolution? Cool!
    About time.
    They pass resolutions every day. This is better than most.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: U.S. House votes overwhelmingly for Iranian resolution

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    mental note to never let you run a company with limited resources.
    Yeah, it's not like he's an economist or anything.


  8. #18
    Walk with me in hell.
    stekim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    09-21-10 @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: U.S. House votes overwhelmingly for Iranian resolution

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    mental note to never let you run a company with limited resources.

    Not sure what you mean. They are on salary. They get paid $137,000 or whatever per year. They are now in session. This cost the taxpayers the same as if they all sat there doing nothing. Big ****ing deal. Well, they did use a piece of paper to jot it all down. If that is your big outrage I think your focus is a bit off.
    Last edited by stekim; 06-19-09 at 05:19 PM.
    Wow. Am I awesome or what?

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: U.S. House votes overwhelmingly for Iranian resolution

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    As good as I feel about this move, I feel that it is rather pointless. The U.S. will not act to support an uprising in Iran, and if the protesters count on such support by feeling this is implied through the message, and as Khameni promised, violent oppression occurs with no U.S. help, then anti-U.S. sentiment in the country will surely rise.
    I don't think that's the intention, and this is something that Iranians were asking for, verbal support from other countries for fair elections and against attacking non-violent protesters.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: U.S. House votes overwhelmingly for Iranian resolution

    Quote Originally Posted by stekim View Post
    Not sure what you mean. They are on salary. They get paid $137,000 or whatever per year. They are now in session. This cost the taxpayers the same as if they all sat there doing nothing. Big ****ing deal.
    There are no funds attached to this measure, and it keeps them busy. I say it's a good thing. Anything that keeps them from passing new laws, particularly with funds attached, is a positive.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •