Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 71

Thread: Obama Pressured to Strike a Firmer Tone

  1. #11
    blond bombshell

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    uk
    Last Seen
    10-19-12 @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,729

    Re: Obama Pressured to Strike a Firmer Tone

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    hmmm...when did Iran develop its nuclear weapon capabilities...hmmmm under the last administration with the nation building policy that you are advocating. Didn't work so well then did it?
    Yes but you cant just say because 2 events happened at the same time they are linked.But there is evidence to sugest the liberation of Iraq made Iran think twice and slow down.
    The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

  2. #12
    blond bombshell

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    uk
    Last Seen
    10-19-12 @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,729

    Re: Obama Pressured to Strike a Firmer Tone

    Quote Originally Posted by The Jovial One View Post
    When did liberals NOT understand that?

    Strawmen are for corn fields to keep the crows away, not for legitimate discussion with adults.
    I was actually pointing out a strawman get it?
    The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

  3. #13
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Obama Pressured to Strike a Firmer Tone

    Quote Originally Posted by mikhail View Post
    Yes but you cant just say because 2 events happened at the same time they are linked.But there is evidence to sugest the liberation of Iraq made Iran think twice and slow down.
    How you can contradict yourself in the matter of two sentences is quite amazing.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Obama Pressured to Strike a Firmer Tone

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    If Obama had taken a firm tone, Triad would be complaining about how he was provoking Iran.
    Nope.
    But then I have found your more interested in getting agreement from your like minded people on this forum then anything else. Thus the change from 'prove it' on everything to 'oh he would just say this'.

    Its easier and thats all it is.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Obama Pressured to Strike a Firmer Tone

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    And he'd be complaining about how Obama was just giving another speech instead of nuking Tehran.

    I love how the people who are so quick to condemn Obama for "just giving a speech" whenever he says, well, anything, are the same people to bitch that he isn't saying enough at a time when his silence is actually useful. We tried it your way for the past eight years, and that foreign policy drove us into the ditch. Now we're going to try it the grown-up way.

    Learn to read articles and deal with the subject of a thread instead of worshipping me or trying to get into redress pants.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: Obama Pressured to Strike a Firmer Tone

    I give you the reason that Mr. Obama should have a hard tone,

    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtYdjbpBk6A&feature=related]YouTube - Reagan at Brandenburg Gate - "tear down this wall"[/ame]

  7. #17
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama Pressured to Strike a Firmer Tone

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    I give you the reason that Mr. Obama should have a hard tone,

    YouTube - Reagan at Brandenburg Gate - "tear down this wall"
    Oh yeah, it's just like a completely different situation.

  8. #18
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama Pressured to Strike a Firmer Tone

    Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    Nope.
    But then I have found your more interested in getting agreement from your like minded people on this forum then anything else. Thus the change from 'prove it' on everything to 'oh he would just say this'.

    Its easier and thats all it is.
    All you have done in months is complain that anything and everything that Obama has done is wrong. What do you want Obama to do, and what effect do you think it will have?

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: Obama Pressured to Strike a Firmer Tone

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Oh yeah, it's just like a completely different situation.
    No it isn't Mr.Reagan went to Berlin ask for the Wall to be torn down with-in these very powerful words we saw the fall of the Wall and the opening of the East to the West.

    With the correct words and tone Mr. Obama can have the same affect that Mr. Reagan had with the USSR and Eastern Europe. Or do you think he does have the same Public Speaking skill as Mr. Reagan had.
    Last edited by Scorpion89; 06-18-09 at 09:39 PM.

  10. #20
    blond bombshell

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    uk
    Last Seen
    10-19-12 @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,729

    Re: Obama Pressured to Strike a Firmer Tone

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    How you can contradict yourself in the matter of two sentences is quite amazing.
    Except i didnt point that out.
    The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •