Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 188

Thread: Obama refuses to 'meddle' in Iran

  1. #111
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    dammed if he does dammed if he doesn't

    Most Iranian Americans agree with the way President Obama handled this.
    No matter what President Obama does he will get criticized. If he gets too strong the Mullah Hullahs will tie the protestors to him
    “I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us “ f107HyperSabr

  2. #112
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: dammed if he does dammed if he doesn't

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    Most Iranian Americans agree with the way President Obama handled this.
    No matter what President Obama does he will get criticized. If he gets too strong the Mullah Hullahs will tie the protestors to him



    Link to back this claim up please.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #113
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: dammed if he does dammed if he doesn't

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Link to back this claim up please.
    LOL.... Come on rev, thats the liberal's cop out......
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Obama refuses to 'meddle' in Iran

    From the National Iranian American Council:

    niacINsight

    I can't cut/paste the text from the blog, but see June 19 & 20th posts, in which NIAC states that they SUPPORT Obama's actions so far in not taking sides, and that taking sides would harm more than it would help.

  5. #115
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Obama refuses to 'meddle' in Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    From the National Iranian American Council:

    niacINsight

    I can't cut/paste the text from the blog, but see June 19 & 20th posts, in which NIAC states that they SUPPORT Obama's actions so far in not taking sides, and that taking sides would harm more than it would help.
    The NIAC statement:
    The only plausible way to end the violence is for new elections to be held with independent monitors ensuring its fairness. Such elections would be consistent with the Iranian constitution.

    We support President Obama’s decision not to take sides in the disputed election, particularly in the absence of any candidate calling upon him to do so. At the same time, the White House needs to speak vociferously against the bloodshed taking place before our eyes.
    Per the NIAC, Dear Leader needs to pump up the volume.

  6. #116
    Walk with me in hell.
    stekim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    09-21-10 @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: Obama refuses to 'meddle' in Iran

    He can decry violence all he wants. But any actual "meddling", given our astoundingly bad record in that regard, would be a big mistake.
    Wow. Am I awesome or what?

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Obama refuses to 'meddle' in Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    Per the NIAC, Dear Leader needs to pump up the volume.
    ON THE VIOLENCE. He specifically needs to avoid taking sides on the election.

  8. #118
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Obama refuses to 'meddle' in Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    ON THE VIOLENCE. He specifically needs to avoid taking sides on the election.
    Agreed he should not explicitly back Mousavi.

    However, do note that even the NIAC calls for new elections--and Dear Leader has not yet said that.

    Dear Leader is ratcheting up the rhetoric, but he is behind the curve on this and he needs to get out in front. You can't lead from the rear.

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Obama refuses to 'meddle' in Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    Agreed he should not explicitly back Mousavi.

    However, do note that even the NIAC calls for new elections--and Dear Leader has not yet said that.

    Dear Leader is ratcheting up the rhetoric, but he is behind the curve on this and he needs to get out in front. You can't lead from the rear.
    I think the question in this instance, however, given that we're the Great Satan, is SHOULD Obama be leading?

    Or, should he be allowing others to lead, while he offers supportive rhetoric. I'd say the latter.

    Further, while Obama's comments haven't been strongly worded, the resolutions of the Senate/House HAVE BEEN. So, there is a balance there.

  10. #120
    Walk with me in hell.
    stekim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    09-21-10 @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: Obama refuses to 'meddle' in Iran

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I think the question in this instance, however, given that we're the Great Satan, is SHOULD Obama be leading?

    Or, should he be allowing others to lead, while he offers supportive rhetoric. I'd say the latter.

    Further, while Obama's comments haven't been strongly worded, the resolutions of the Senate/House HAVE BEEN. So, there is a balance there.
    Given we are the Great Satan AND have a track record of meddling not working, including IN IRAN, he needs to stand up for human rights and non-violence and that's it.
    Wow. Am I awesome or what?

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •