Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 157

Thread: Palin Dodges Talk of Running for Governor Again

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Palin Dodges Talk of Running for Governor Again

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    A good conservative would find private funds after all we don't want no socialist pipe line now do we !!!

    What's your poison Knob Creek , Wild Turkey or Beam ? have a double it's on me , I only offer American made !!
    She's working within parameters set by the legislature. It has nothing to do with socialism vs capitalism. It has to do with the state funding itself off the proceeds of the resources it owns. And then returning whatever they do under budget back to the people.

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: Palin Dodges Talk of Running for Governor Again

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    Scorp..her term runs out next year..what is she waiting for?
    She doesn't have to file till 6 Months to the next election so let just let her make up her mind on that. As for the rest of the stuff in the topic I say off topic start another thread if you all wish to discuss the pipeline thing but it really doesn't have anything to do with the title of this thread now does it folks

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Palin Dodges Talk of Running for Governor Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    She doesn't have to file till 6 Months to the next election so let just let her make up her mind on that. As for the rest of the stuff in the topic I say off topic start another thread if you all wish to discuss the pipeline thing but it really doesn't have anything to do with the title of this thread now does it folks
    Oh, no...let them keep at it. I am more than satisfied with the direction this debate is taking. Goldendog and saber together haven't brought anything more than a few simple minded monikers like "Igloo Girl", some talk of injuns, an obfuscation, and an outright lie.

    Let them continue thrashing themselves. I don't mind taking the credit though.

  4. #84
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Palin Dodges Talk of Running for Governor Again

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    She's working within parameters set by the legislature. It has nothing to do with socialism vs capitalism. It has to do with the state funding itself off the proceeds of the resources it owns. And then returning whatever they do under budget back to the people.
    you guys need to lighten up !!! but on the serious side wouldn't This government run oil drilling is a slippery slope to socialism and it all started on the North Slope. It would be more efficient if those resources are privatized and a private company owned by stock holders exploits the resources !! After all have we not heard over and over again and again that the government should not be in business. Drilling oil is a business.
    Last edited by F107HyperSabr; 06-18-09 at 11:10 PM.
    “I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us “ f107HyperSabr

  5. #85
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Palin Dodges Talk of Running for Governor Again

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Oh, no...let them keep at it. I am more than satisfied with the direction this debate is taking. Goldendog and saber together haven't brought anything more than a few simple minded monikers like "Igloo Girl", some talk of injuns, an obfuscation, and an outright lie.

    Let them continue thrashing themselves. I don't mind taking the credit though.
    you really need to start drinking heavily now so that you have an excuse for the quality and tone of your posts...

    hey Dog I think that some of these people persons are not comprehending the written material we may have to dumb down our responses to reach more people. LOL
    Last edited by F107HyperSabr; 06-18-09 at 11:11 PM.
    “I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us “ f107HyperSabr

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Palin Dodges Talk of Running for Governor Again

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    you guys need to lighten up !!! but on the serious side wouldn't This government run oil drilling is a slippery slope to socilaism and it all started on the North Slope. It would be more efficient if those resources are privatized and a private company owned by stock holders exploits the resources !! After all have we not heard over and over again and again that the government should not be in business. Drilling oil is a business.
    *Sigh*. The actually running of the oil fields is privatized. The money the state makes is by keeping leases on the actual fields. They charge a leasing fee to the oil companies and the oil companies do everything else. The state's only function is to subsidize infrastructure between where the leases are held...in other words, roads and other support like public safety and such.

    The pipeline, just like the Valdez oil pipeline, is considered infrastructure for movement of the resource, just like a road. Those natural gas fields will sit empty if there is no pipeline because no one will pay more than the holding fee to keep the lease away from a competitor. Once there is a pipeline, the gas companies gain an incentive to start drilling and the lease on the field becomes much more valuable.

    Also, leasing the fields instead of selling them let's Alaska maintain control of environmental issues and resource management. That's a big issue in the most pristine and untouched landscape in the Union.

  7. #87
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Palin Dodges Talk of Running for Governor Again

    Palin?s Pipeline to Nowhere | Newsweek Periscope | Newsweek.com

    The principal achievement of Sarah Palin's term as Alaska's governor, a natural-gas pipeline project backed by $500 million in state tax money, might never be built unless Canadian authorities can strike a deal with some of the country's angry Indian tribes. Approximately half of the proposed pipeline would run through Canada; native tribes who live along its route complain they haven't been consulted about it and are threatening to sue unless they are compensated. Representatives of the canadian tribes, known as First Nations, say Palin and other pipeline proponents are treating them with disrespect. The tribes' lawyers warn that the courts are on their side and say the Indians have the power to delay the pipeline for years—or even kill it entirely by filing endless lawsuits.

    So the courts are on the side of the "First Nation" because they can "file endless law suits?"

    That has to be hands down one of the most lame brain comments I have ever heard.

    So because you can abuse the system, the courts are now "on your side."
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Palin Dodges Talk of Running for Governor Again

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    you really need to start drinking heavily now so that you have an excuse for the quality and tone of your posts...

    hey Dog I think that some of these people persons are not comprehending the written material we may have to dumb down our responses to reach more people. LOL
    I fully understand that you think "'Igloo Girl' is [insert random denigration here]" qualifies as something of genius, but I can assure you that I comprehend fully the "depth" of your posts. No need to sink any lower, please.

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: Palin Dodges Talk of Running for Governor Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Palin?s Pipeline to Nowhere | Newsweek Periscope | Newsweek.com

    The principal achievement of Sarah Palin's term as Alaska's governor, a natural-gas pipeline project backed by $500 million in state tax money, might never be built unless Canadian authorities can strike a deal with some of the country's angry Indian tribes. Approximately half of the proposed pipeline would run through Canada; native tribes who live along its route complain they haven't been consulted about it and are threatening to sue unless they are compensated. Representatives of the canadian tribes, known as First Nations, say Palin and other pipeline proponents are treating them with disrespect. The tribes' lawyers warn that the courts are on their side and say the Indians have the power to delay the pipeline for years—or even kill it entirely by filing endless lawsuits.

    So the courts are on the side of the "First Nation" because they can "file endless law suits?"

    That has to be hands down one of the most lame brain comments I have ever heard.

    So because you can abuse the system, the courts are now "on your side."
    Blackdog-

    I would like to point out those Tribes are from Canada were the law is much different then the United State's when it comes to Indians.

  10. #90
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Palin Dodges Talk of Running for Governor Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    Blackdog-

    I would like to point out those Tribes are from Canada were the law is much different then the United State's when it comes to Indians.
    I agree. My comment is about the circumstance and not the Canadian law.

    The fact that they even have to make such a lame statement says allot about the merits of the case.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 06-18-09 at 11:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •