Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 157

Thread: Palin Dodges Talk of Running for Governor Again

  1. #141
    Advisor wbreese91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Marietta, Ohio
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    407

    Re: Palin Dodges Talk of Running for Governor Again

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    We'll if that's good enough to fool the citizens of Alaska then so be it.

    We'll see soon enough.
    Making obtuse and vaguely appocalyptic statements to cover for your lack of a valid argument is not debating.
    “Justitia suum cuique distribuit” Justice renders to every one his due

    - Cicero

  2. #142
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: Palin Dodges Talk of Running for Governor Again

    Quote Originally Posted by wbreese91 View Post
    Making obtuse and vaguely appocalyptic statements to cover for your lack of a valid argument is not debating.
    That sounds like the basic outline of a Palin stump speech.

  3. #143
    Advisor wbreese91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Marietta, Ohio
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    407

    Re: Palin Dodges Talk of Running for Governor Again

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    That sounds like the basic outline of a Palin stump speech.
    If you are saying Palin was a fear monger then your post is more of an ominous future prediction than mine. I was simply pointing out your lack of solid argument.
    “Justitia suum cuique distribuit” Justice renders to every one his due

    - Cicero

  4. #144
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Palin Dodges Talk of Running for Governor Again

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    You're welcome.....but I'll return to any part I dang well wish to. Don't tell me what to do.

    thank you.
    What are we, like 12 now? Screaming "Unnggghh, you're not the boss of me!!!"

  5. #145
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,663

    Re: Palin Dodges Talk of Running for Governor Again

    I'm thinking that when the smoke clears the GOP will most likely put Palin out to pasture. But then again, I do hear some of the more extreme citizens exclaiming that she will be the dems worst nightmare.

    I know that if the GOP runs her for anything I get to vote on, her opponent will have to be pretty bad before I would personally vote for her. I find her to be an embarassment.

    Just my two-cents.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  6. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Palin Dodges Talk of Running for Governor Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    I'm thinking that when the smoke clears the GOP will most likely put Palin out to pasture. But then again, I do hear some of the more extreme citizens exclaiming that she will be the dems worst nightmare.

    I know that if the GOP runs her for anything I get to vote on, her opponent will have to be pretty bad before I would personally vote for her. I find her to be an embarassment.

    Just my two-cents.
    Ok...but can you attack her on actual issues and her record as governor? Goldendog sure hasn't been able to do so.

  7. #147
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,663

    Re: Palin Dodges Talk of Running for Governor Again

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Ok...but can you attack her on actual issues and her record as governor? Goldendog sure hasn't been able to do so.
    You know, I might could. But that would mean that I would have to study her work as the governor of Alaska and frankly, when it comes to Palin, I am good for about 90-120 seconds before I become disinterested.

    Hell, she might be the best thing in Alaska for all I know. I hope she is.

    All I know about her is what I saw of her on TV during the race. At first, I absolutely loved her. That lasted almost a week. Two weeks later I was so mad at the GOP for shoving her down McCain's throat that I could have spit nails.

    She just rubs me wrong. Know what I mean? Kinda like Bill Clinton (and Hillary too, for that matter.) I cringe everytime I see her come on the TV. She reminds me of some of my friends and family who get their opinions from NewsMax, FOX, Limbaugh, and Hannity. I just think she is bad for the GOP. They gotta get away from all that "Hussein" mindset , and negativity. You got 30% of the country telling the other 70% of the country that they are socialist, homo-lovin', socialist retards and that don't sit well with the majority of Americans. As soon as the GOP realizes this, they will be disassociating the party from the whackos. It's a matter of survival for the party.

    Just my opinion, of course.
    Last edited by Captain America; 06-20-09 at 02:07 AM.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  8. #148
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Palin Dodges Talk of Running for Governor Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Just my opinion, of course.
    Then I can only say that I appreciate your candor and honesty in relating that your opinion of her is based on feeling and not issues or her record. When it comes to her record, which is what I base my opinion on, I find her nearly flawless and have done my best to present that despite other posters wishing to pretend honest debate while putting forth nothing more than hyperbole and histrionic caterwauling of childish monikers.

    I appreciate your honesty much more than I appreciate their trolling.

  9. #149
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Palin Dodges Talk of Running for Governor Again

    I would like to apologize to some of our DP conservatives for two things. Firstly, about 6 or 7 months ago, I made the statement that our rabid conservatives just couldn't stop posting and fawning over Sarah Palin. At that point I believe I was correct. However, in recent times, it is our hyperpartisan liberals that cannot let her go. Why, I have no idea. Like CA, I do not like Palin. She seems like an excellent governor, but I think she is far too inexperienced to be President and far too prone to gaffes. Like Obama, which is why he wasn't in my top 5 choices for President. Regardless, it is not the conservatives here that seem obsessed with her. It is some of our more rabid and ridiculous-acting liberals. So for those of you that I made that statement towards, I retract and apologize.

    I also want to apologize for the behavior of some of our more extreme liberals in this thread. Conservatives, we are not all like this, making statements that have no substantiation or statements that are half-truths, or making wild accusations and then, when challenged, both refusing to back them up or retract. These are the folks that I want nothing to do with. I do not discriminate between hyperpartisanship on the right or the left. Both disgust me. This is an example of it on the left and all it shows it how folks can be so focused on their partisan bias that they are unable to see facts.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #150
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: Palin Dodges Talk of Running for Governor Again

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I would like to apologize to some of our DP conservatives for two things. Firstly, about 6 or 7 months ago, I made the statement that our rabid conservatives just couldn't stop posting and fawning over Sarah Palin. At that point I believe I was correct. However, in recent times, it is our hyperpartisan liberals that cannot let her go. Why, I have no idea. Like CA, I do not like Palin. She seems like an excellent governor, but I think she is far too inexperienced to be President and far too prone to gaffes. Like Obama, which is why he wasn't in my top 5 choices for President. Regardless, it is not the conservatives here that seem obsessed with her. It is some of our more rabid and ridiculous-acting liberals. So for those of you that I made that statement towards, I retract and apologize.

    I also want to apologize for the behavior of some of our more extreme liberals in this thread. Conservatives, we are not all like this, making statements that have no substantiation or statements that are half-truths, or making wild accusations and then, when challenged, both refusing to back them up or retract. These are the folks that I want nothing to do with. I do not discriminate between hyperpartisanship on the right or the left. Both disgust me. This is an example of it on the left and all it shows it how folks can be so focused on their partisan bias that they are unable to see facts.
    I really think for the most part the Letterman issue played a major roll in this upsurge in Palin threads. Also I would like to point out that there have been several posters from the right that knowingly flaming the whole issue in that thread and blowing it out of purportion. Some have even admitted having fun doing so.
    Making claims that they couldn't prove and when asked to do so they wouldn't. I will agree that some of this has gone on in this thread but this is a two way street and their are guilty parties on both sides of the aisle.
    In this thread It was not about being unable to see possible facts it's about giving the adequate desired responses. It was fun for them to do in the Letterman thread. It was not so fun to have it done to them in this thread.

    Lesson learned...thanks for the post CC.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •