Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 157

Thread: Palin Dodges Talk of Running for Governor Again

  1. #91
    Advisor wbreese91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Marietta, Ohio
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    407

    Re: Palin Dodges Talk of Running for Governor Again

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    You really need to start drinking heavily now, so that you have an excuse for the quality and tone of your posts...

    Hey Dog,I think that some of these people personsNot necessary are not comprehending the written material. we may have to dumb down our responses to reach more people. LOL
    Define Irony: Someone posts a thread discussing the quality of other peoples' posts and does not appropriately capitalize or punctualize their comment.

    Don't worry, I will give you a hand. See bolded corrections.
    Last edited by wbreese91; 06-19-09 at 02:05 AM.
    “Justitia suum cuique distribuit” Justice renders to every one his due

    - Cicero

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: Palin Dodges Talk of Running for Governor Again

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    *Sigh*. The actually running of the oil fields is privatized. The money the state makes is by keeping leases on the actual fields. They charge a leasing fee to the oil companies and the oil companies do everything else. The state's only function is to subsidize infrastructure between where the leases are held...in other words, roads and other support like public safety and such.

    The pipeline, just like the Valdez oil pipeline, is considered infrastructure for movement of the resource, just like a road. Those natural gas fields will sit empty if there is no pipeline because no one will pay more than the holding fee to keep the lease away from a competitor. Once there is a pipeline, the gas companies gain an incentive to start drilling and the lease on the field becomes much more valuable.

    Also, leasing the fields instead of selling them let's Alaska maintain control of environmental issues and resource management. That's a big issue in the most pristine and untouched landscape in the Union.
    So a pipeline project that is now dead in the water is now one of Palin's grand infrastructure accomplishments?

    That's desperate Jall.

    What other SUCCESSFUL infrastructure projects can be accredited to her grand political and social organizing expertise?

  3. #93
    Advisor wbreese91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Marietta, Ohio
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    407

    Re: Palin Dodges Talk of Running for Governor Again

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    So a pipeline project that is now dead in the water is now one of Palin's grand infrastructure accomplishments?

    That's desperate Jall.

    What other SUCCESSFUL infrastructure projects can be accredited to her grand political and social organizing expertise?
    How about a balanced budget.
    “Justitia suum cuique distribuit” Justice renders to every one his due

    - Cicero

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Palin Dodges Talk of Running for Governor Again

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    So a pipeline project that is now dead in the water is now one of Palin's grand infrastructure accomplishments?

    That's desperate Jall.

    What other SUCCESSFUL infrastructure projects can be accredited to her grand political and social organizing expertise?
    Oh no, you need to go back and account for the lie you told and the misrepresentation of the sex offender registration legislation she passed. Then we can move on.

    Pipeline is not dead in the water, either. But we'll get to that, too. One ass whuppin' at the time, dog. I do so hate to make them fall too quick lest the pain of the next blow cut short the ache of the previous one prematurely.

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: Palin Dodges Talk of Running for Governor Again

    Michael Brune: Palin's Pipeline From Hell

    There's a stealth dirty oil mega-project sneaking into the United States. It's arriving piece by piece, pipeline by pipeline, refinery by refinery, and permit by permit -- but it's a singularly immense monstrosity conceived by Big Oil. It's called the Canadian Tar Sands, or as the oil industry prefers, Canadian Oil Sands.

    And it's being brought to you by Sarah Palin and ExxonMobil.

    Yes, the former beauty queen who inspired thousands to chant "Drill Baby Drill" last summer apparently also believes that a Mine is a Terrible Thing to Waste. Under Plan Palin, ExxonMobil and TransCanada would construct a 1700-mile natural gas pipeline from the Arctic, heading south.

    But this gas won't be heading straight to the Lower 48, perhaps as a temporary alternative to America's greenhouse gas-belching, coal-fired power plants. No such luck. Instead, the pipeline will run to Alberta, where, based on current projections, about half of it is likely to be siphoned to help produce the dirtiest oil on earth.

    __________________________________________________ __________

    Palin's pipeline plans are floundering and full of holes.

    The deals she's made to push her plan through are about as clean and trustworthy as one of Cheney's deals.

    She has ignored and disrespected the requests of the people who this pipeline will effect all the while not discussing the true realities of her big plan. Palin's pig pipeline is a bust....get over it....it ain't gonna happen.

    How in the world is she going to deal with this issue when it comes to running for reelection?
    Last edited by goldendog; 06-19-09 at 02:25 AM.

  6. #96
    Advisor wbreese91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Marietta, Ohio
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    407

    Re: Palin Dodges Talk of Running for Governor Again

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    Michael Brune: Palin's Pipeline From Hell

    There's a stealth dirty oil mega-project sneaking into the United States. It's arriving piece by piece, pipeline by pipeline, refinery by refinery, and permit by permit -- but it's a singularly immense monstrosity conceived by Big Oil. It's called the Canadian Tar Sands, or as the oil industry prefers, Canadian Oil Sands.

    And it's being brought to you by Sarah Palin and ExxonMobil.

    Yes, the former beauty queen who inspired thousands to chant "Drill Baby Drill" last summer apparently also believes that a Mine is a Terrible Thing to Waste. Under Plan Palin, ExxonMobil and TransCanada would construct a 1700-mile natural gas pipeline from the Arctic, heading south.

    But this gas won't be heading straight to the Lower 48, perhaps as a temporary alternative to America's greenhouse gas-belching, coal-fired power plants. No such luck. Instead, the pipeline will run to Alberta, where, based on current projections, about half of it is likely to be siphoned to help produce the dirtiest oil on earth.

    __________________________________________________ __________

    Palin's pipeline plans are floundering and full of holes.

    The deals she's made to push her plan through are about as clean and trustworthy as one of Cheney's deals.

    She has ignored and disrespected the requests of the people who this pipeline will effect all the while not discussing the true realities of her big plan. Palin's pig pipeline is a bust....get over it....it ain't gonna happen.

    How in the world is she going to deal with this issue when it comes to running for reelection?
    I appreciate your refusal to debate my point. I, too, believed it rather undebatable. Now if only we had someone as clever to balance our national budget? Oh wait! I forgot. Palin's an idiot.
    “Justitia suum cuique distribuit” Justice renders to every one his due

    - Cicero

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Palin Dodges Talk of Running for Governor Again

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    Michael Brune: Palin's Pipeline From Hell

    There's a stealth dirty oil mega-project sneaking into the United States. It's arriving piece by piece, pipeline by pipeline, refinery by refinery, and permit by permit -- but it's a singularly immense monstrosity conceived by Big Oil. It's called the Canadian Tar Sands, or as the oil industry prefers, Canadian Oil Sands.

    And it's being brought to you by Sarah Palin and ExxonMobil.

    Yes, the former beauty queen who inspired thousands to chant "Drill Baby Drill" last summer apparently also believes that a Mine is a Terrible Thing to Waste. Under Plan Palin, ExxonMobil and TransCanada would construct a 1700-mile natural gas pipeline from the Arctic, heading south.

    But this gas won't be heading straight to the Lower 48, perhaps as a temporary alternative to America's greenhouse gas-belching, coal-fired power plants. No such luck. Instead, the pipeline will run to Alberta, where, based on current projections, about half of it is likely to be siphoned to help produce the dirtiest oil on earth.

    __________________________________________________ __________

    Palin's pipeline plans are floundering and full of holes.

    The deals she's made to push her plan through are about as clean and trustworthy as one of Cheney's deals.

    She has ignored and disrespected the requests of the people who this pipeline will effect all the while not discussing the true realities of her big plan. Palin's pig pipeline is a bust....get over it....it ain't gonna happen.

    How in the world is she going to deal with this issue when it comes to running for reelection?
    Would you like to point me to anything in that overly dramatic op-ed piece (from the huffingtonpost, I might add) where it says the pipeline has been stopped?

    Hell, it started out trying to convince us the pipeline was coming at us like some unstoppable environmental apocalypse (native speak for: OMG Think of the CHILDREN) with Sarah Palin riding it's back like the Whore of Babylon herself. Then it switched over to "the people" are being disrespected (native speak for "we want a bigger cut") and a war cry of it's dead in the water.

    So really, which is it? Is it the end of the world by natural guess or is do tha natives "got dis"?

    Facts, please.

    But, uh, we've got some unfinished business on your last "point", first.
    Last edited by jallman; 06-19-09 at 03:01 AM.

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: Palin Dodges Talk of Running for Governor Again

    Quote Originally Posted by wbreese91 View Post
    I appreciate your refusal to debate my point. I, too, believed it rather undebatable. Now if only we had someone as clever to balance our national budget? Oh wait! I forgot. Palin's an idiot.
    What balanced budget are you referring to?

    How exactly does that relate to any current successful infrastructure projects Palin put forth and began?

    Please..beside a pipeline that is dead in the water what are her other infrastructure successes?

    Link please?
    Last edited by goldendog; 06-19-09 at 03:01 AM.

  9. #99
    Advisor wbreese91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Marietta, Ohio
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    407

    Re: Palin Dodges Talk of Running for Governor Again

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    What balanced budget are you referring to?

    How exactly does that relate to any current successful infrastructure projects Palin put forth and began?

    Please..beside a pipeline that is dead in the water what are her other infrastructure successes?

    Link please?
    The government PAYS its citizens with parts of the natural gas profits. It is fiscally in much better shape. This link will show that Alaska is drawing on it's sizable reserves to make up for a deficit only incurred by a drop in oil prises. SO the budget is still balanced. The deficits are very small compared to other states anyway.

    Alaska state budget - Sunshine Review

    By the way, a budget that is balanced suggests a stable infrastructure.
    Last edited by wbreese91; 06-19-09 at 03:20 AM.
    “Justitia suum cuique distribuit” Justice renders to every one his due

    - Cicero

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: Palin Dodges Talk of Running for Governor Again

    Quote Originally Posted by wbreese91 View Post
    The government PAYS its citizens with parts of the natural gas profits. It is fiscally in much better shape. This link will show that Alaska is drawing on it's sizable reserves to make up for a deficit only incurred by a drop in oil prises. SO the budget is still balanced. The deficits are very small compared to other states anyway.

    Alaska state budget - Sunshine Review

    By the way, a budget that is balanced suggests a stable infrastructure.
    "Alaska is facing a $1.65 billion budget shortfall for fiscal year 2009[1] and a similar shortfall for fiscal year 2010, $1.25 billion, in light of drops in oil revenue.[2] In early January 2009 Senate President Gary Stevens stated that the state was facing a budget deficit as large as $2 to $3 billion for FY 2010."
    __________________________________________________ ___________

    Could you please show me anywhere in that link where it says that Palin has balanced the Alaskan Budget?

    Thanks.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •