Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 178

Thread: Obama Extends Fed Benefits to Unmarried Partners, Including Same Sex Partners

  1. #111
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    re: Obama Extends Fed Benefits to Unmarried Partners, Including Same Sex Partners

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Permission denied.

    Sux to be me today.
    Days like that always piss me off.

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Obama Extends Fed Benifits to Unmarried Partners, Including Same Sex Partners

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I have no idea what they are, not a clue, but I bet I could use my uber debate powers to find out for your lazy ass. So are you lookin for samples of the paperwork, or a general policy, or what?
    No idea, huh? Interesting.

    Because, if that's the case, then why did you say this:


    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Boy/girlfriends, room mates, etc, are being legitimized as though they are valid, stable unions for raising children, when clearly the evidence shows the contrary.
    Because when you said that, it seemed like you had some information that was not in the article. I thought you knew what you were talking about.

    Silly me...


  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Obama Extends Fed Benifits to Unmarried Partners, Including Same Sex Partners

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    No idea, huh? Interesting.

    Because, if that's the case, then why did you say this:

    Because when you said that, it seemed like you had some information that was not in the article. I thought you knew what you were talking about.

    Silly me...

    I covered why I thought that with a quote from the article.

    Pay attention much?

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Obama Extends Fed Benifits to Unmarried Partners, Including Same Sex Partners

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I covered why I thought that with a quote from the article.

    Pay attention much?
    My apologies -- I missed post #36 -- this thread has been growing rather fast.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    They say the extension applies to unmarried domestic partners, and also same-sex partners. Logically, if domestic partners were only gay-partners, then they wouldn't need to point out that the extension also includes gays.

    As I read it, "unmarried domestic partners" are mainly heteros, and the article wanted to be clear that this would also include those few gay partners as well.

    ***
    I really don't know how a federal employee applies for these benefits as I've never been one to know the system. Were you looking for samples of the paperwork?
    Going back to that explanation -- That's exactly what I'm looking for. Before you and others start speculating on boyfriend-girlfriend's and room mates getting these benefits, I suggest you get all the info.

    You've commented before on Domestic Partnerships -- so I just assumed you were familiar with the legal paperwork involved as well as the limitations.

    Again, silly me...

    So, basically, we sould attached to every one of your posts in this thread the following disclaimer:

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I have no idea what [the parameters of eligibility] are, not a clue
    Fair enough?

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Obama Extends Fed Benifits to Unmarried Partners, Including Same Sex Partners

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    My apologies -- I missed post #36 -- this thread has been growing rather fast.



    Going back to that explanation -- That's exactly what I'm looking for. Before you and others start speculating on boyfriend-girlfriend's and room mates getting these benefits, I suggest you get all the info.

    You've commented before on Domestic Partnerships -- so I just assumed you were familiar with the legal paperwork involved as well as the limitations.

    Again, silly me...

    So, basically, we sould attached to every one of your posts in this thread the following disclaimer:



    Fair enough?
    Fair enough.

  6. #116
    Student The Jovial One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Last Seen
    07-20-09 @ 11:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    160

    Re: Obama Extends Fed Benefits to Unmarried Partners, Including Same Sex Partners

    Jer, did you just suggest that the only reason for keeping marriage as a thing between men and women is for having and raising kids?

    Um... does that mean my current wife and I aren't married?
    When you can't win an election outside of the south or mountain west, the answer to your problems is NOT "more of the same, but LOUDER!!!"


  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Obama Extends Fed Benefits to Unmarried Partners, Including Same Sex Partners

    Quote Originally Posted by The Jovial One View Post
    Jer, did you just suggest that the only reason for keeping marriage as a thing between men and women is for having and raising kids?

    Um... does that mean my current wife and I aren't married?
    The state's interest in recognizing/promoting/regulating marriage is the raising of children, yes.

    The state has no interest in couples who are not, have never, nor will ever raise children. This doesn't mean you can't live together, have a religious ceremony and whatnot, but only that you have no right to the legal buffs of marriage.

  8. #118
    Walk with me in hell.
    stekim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    09-21-10 @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: Obama Extends Fed Benefits to Unmarried Partners, Including Same Sex Partners

    Quote Originally Posted by The Jovial One View Post
    Jer, did you just suggest that the only reason for keeping marriage as a thing between men and women is for having and raising kids?

    Um... does that mean my current wife and I aren't married?
    I must not be either. We don't want kids. But married we are. And how does a piece of paper make someone a better parent? Would we be worse parents without the paper? Just curious.
    Wow. Am I awesome or what?

  9. #119
    Walk with me in hell.
    stekim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    09-21-10 @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: Obama Extends Fed Benefits to Unmarried Partners, Including Same Sex Partners

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    The state's interest in recognizing/promoting/regulating marriage is the raising of children, yes.

    The state has no interest in couples who are not, have never, nor will ever raise children. This doesn't mean you can't live together, have a religious ceremony and whatnot, but only that you have no right to the legal buffs of marriage.
    Factually untrue. I have all the benefits. All legal like. And we'll never have kids. Thank God.
    Wow. Am I awesome or what?

  10. #120
    Student The Jovial One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Last Seen
    07-20-09 @ 11:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    160

    Re: Obama Extends Fed Benefits to Unmarried Partners, Including Same Sex Partners

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    The state's interest in recognizing/promoting/regulating marriage is the raising of children, yes.

    The state has no interest in couples who are not, have never, nor will ever raise children. This doesn't mean you can't live together, have a religious ceremony and whatnot, but only that you have no right to the legal buffs of marriage.
    So, I should turn in my marriage license?

    Gail's gonna be PISSED!!!
    When you can't win an election outside of the south or mountain west, the answer to your problems is NOT "more of the same, but LOUDER!!!"


Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •