Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 67

Thread: White House Blocks Access to Visitor List

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    White House Blocks Access to Visitor List

    White House Blocks Access to Visitor List - Political News - FOXNews.com

    n a move that puts a cloud over transparency, White House officials are blocking access to the lists of the names of visitors to the White House.

    The practice, carried over from the Bush administration, argues the public does not need to know who comes calling at the Executive Mansion, even for policy purposes.

    "We are deeply disappointed," said Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington spokeswoman Anne Weismann, whose group is suing to get the records.

    "The president, who has committed his administration to transparency and accountability, now takes the position of the Bush administration that the public is not entitled to know who visits the White House. These are not the actions of a pro-transparency administration," she said.

    Yep folks so much for Hope and Change didn't Mr, Obama stated that his White House would be the most open and transparent in History.

    Hmmm guess that all went out the window on Jan. 21 2009 so all of you who voted for Mr. Obama care to comment on this or spin it in the way you feel needed.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: White House Blocks Access to Visitor List

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    White House Blocks Access to Visitor List - Political News - FOXNews.com

    n a move that puts a cloud over transparency, White House officials are blocking access to the lists of the names of visitors to the White House.

    The practice, carried over from the Bush administration, argues the public does not need to know who comes calling at the Executive Mansion, even for policy purposes.

    "We are deeply disappointed," said Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington spokeswoman Anne Weismann, whose group is suing to get the records.

    "The president, who has committed his administration to transparency and accountability, now takes the position of the Bush administration that the public is not entitled to know who visits the White House. These are not the actions of a pro-transparency administration," she said.

    Yep folks so much for Hope and Change didn't Mr, Obama stated that his White House would be the most open and transparent in History.

    Hmmm guess that all went out the window on Jan. 21 2009 so all of you who voted for Mr. Obama care to comment on this or spin it in the way you feel needed.
    You already took care of that.

    This is a non-story about standard SOP.

    Was this different than Clinton, Bush Sr., or Reagan??

    Here's what Bernard Goldberg said to Sean Hannity about finding fault with every little think Obama does:

    You remember when liberals wouldn't give George Bush credit for anything? If he came up with a cure for cancer, they wouldn't have given him credit for that, and, I'm sorry Sean, I see that on the right now. it's like -- I don't want to put Barack Obama on Mount Rushmore for simply being the commander-in-chief, but we have to stop going out of our way to find fault with every single thing he does. Look, I think I've got a little credibility on this issue, I don't like his economic policies, I don't like his tax policies, I wrote that book A Slobbering Love Affair about how the media slobbered all over him, but I'm not going to be like the left was with George Bush and criticize everything he does.

  3. #3
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: White House Blocks Access to Visitor List

    It was never in to start with. These are nothing more than political lies told by a shyster of a Chicago politician to get what he wants and nothing more. Obama is great at telling people what they want to hear, but then doing whatever the hell he wants. He is, in essence, the same as any other shady politician out there including Bush and Clinton and McCain. There is no change, there never was going to be. That's a line put out there for the gullible to swallow. Nothing more nothing less. Politics as usual.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: White House Blocks Access to Visitor List

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    You already took care of that.

    This is a non-story about standard SOP.

    Was this different than Clinton, Bush Sr., or Reagan??

    Here's what Bernard Goldberg said to Sean Hannity about finding fault with every little think Obama does:


    Oh I see so Obama proving his transparancy claims are BS is a non-story?

    I assume because Obama is full of crap..right?
    His claims where fake and he made them only to garner votes form the fringe left ..right?


    He "never noticed"?


    (Point of the OP's post is the claims of transparancy Obama made are nonsense)
    Last edited by Triad; 06-16-09 at 06:28 PM.

  5. #5
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: White House Blocks Access to Visitor List

    I have been saying for some time that this attitude of complaining about everything that President Obama does diminishes the effectiveness of complaints about the real things he does wrong. The republicans started out right, with the message on the stimulus bill. What's his name, standing up in the senate with a copy of the 800 page bill, saying no one had read it and they had to vote on it was political gold. Since then, with complaints about Michelle Obama's shoes, and the the dinner date in New York, and dozens of other trivial things, and now no one really cares much about the complaints, even when they might be valid.

    Just my advice, as some one that you all on the right could get some support from in disliking Obama. Stick to things like a rushed stimulus, like a tax cheat for Treasury Secretary, like a health care bill we cannot afford. Those are winning arguments. Focus down, and don't go after every little thing Obama does.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: White House Blocks Access to Visitor List

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I have been saying for some time that this attitude of complaining about everything that President Obama does diminishes the effectiveness of complaints about the real things he does wrong. The republicans started out right, with the message on the stimulus bill. What's his name, standing up in the senate with a copy of the 800 page bill, saying no one had read it and they had to vote on it was political gold. Since then, with complaints about Michelle Obama's shoes, and the the dinner date in New York, and dozens of other trivial things, and now no one really cares much about the complaints, even when they might be valid.

    Just my advice, as some one that you all on the right could get some support from in disliking Obama. Stick to things like a rushed stimulus, like a tax cheat for Treasury Secretary, like a health care bill we cannot afford. Those are winning arguments. Focus down, and don't go after every little thing Obama does.
    Redress,

    My point is this I could care less if Mr. Obama lets the list become public my problem is the fact that all during the Fall leading up to the Election he stated he would have the most open White House on record since then what has happen the website he was going to let everyone use to send suggest got shut down after the whole Weed Question, the media wasn't allow to cover a few different event he decide for better of worse not to release the photo's I can go on but you get my point.

    You can't claim to have the most open White House on record and then do things like this, granted it was the Secrete Service who has said no right now only because of a FOIA Court case brought on by the Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, still Mr. Obama could stop all of this by saying sure here is the list have fun.

  7. #7
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: White House Blocks Access to Visitor List

    This is hilarious:

    1) Bush blocks access to visitor list.

    2) Obama promises openness.

    3) Obama blocks access to visitor list.

    I ask you folks once more - What change?
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  8. #8
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: White House Blocks Access to Visitor List

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I ask you folks once more - What change?
    R->D but that's about it. I mean, we've been 16 months from leaving Iraq for how long now? Hahah
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #9
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: White House Blocks Access to Visitor List

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    This is hilarious:

    1) Bush blocks access to visitor list.

    2) Obama promises openness.

    3) Obama blocks access to visitor list.

    I ask you folks once more - What change?
    Excluding the size of the deficit, government ownership of private businesses, and an impending disaster of a health care bill...none.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: White House Blocks Access to Visitor List

    He has 1.5-3 or so million days to go..one for each US soldier he betrayed in Iraq. Another subject we're not supposed to bring up.



    Posting this is important for three reasons.(prob more but yeah)

    1. It informs people of information much of the media and the left will never mention.

    2. 6 months to a year form now if this becomes a major thing for some odd reason we will all be able to link this thread so our amnesia inflicted leftists cannot either deny it occurred or demand it be proven.

    3. It further shows the 'Transparency' claim was a lie made up for reasons Ikari pretty much laid out.


    Little things add up and are part of a whole leading to the bigger things. Many flaws in the bigger things have their roots in the little things.


    Biggest thing I notice between the Bush bashers and the Obama bashers is that the Bush bashers would make things up and then declare them reality to bash Bush. The Obama bashers cite news items to bash him with. I also bet(air) that after Obama is gone he will garner less mention then Bush has from those who dislike him.
    I sure as hell won't waste breath on him once he's gone I'll say yay and deal with whomever the President is at that time and likely rarely if ever mention the dip again.



    I will never be a party to being nice to the trash who betrayed my nations soldiers in the field. I will never excuse him for that.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •