Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 176

Thread: ABC News Teams Up With Obama White House to Present President's Health Care Plan

  1. #141
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: ABC News Teams Up With Obama White House to Present President's Health Care Plan

    First, this is unprecedented. This isn't like a speech. Its a prime time "special", not on multiple networks, that is being presented it seems more as a "news" show than an address to the nation. It is not a general policiy but APPEARS to be essentially a special designed to sell Obama's policy on health care. Sell it, to the American People. On a "news" program. On network television, in prime time. This is far different than a speech.

    I will hold judgement until it happens, as it COULD be handled well.

    It would help if they allowed republicans time to give a counter statement, as is typical of state of the union addresses and other things generally focusing on policy. Baring that, having some actual right leaning commentators there to ask him questions, legitiamte questions, concerning it along with those on the left would at least perhaps give it a bit of credance.

    Either way, I dislike this great. Its far to much merging of politics and media. I find it laughable, utterly laughable and frankly disgusting, to see liberals that have sat there for years crying on end about "Faux News" and them caring more about "ratings" and "pushing an agenda" rather than "reporting the news" and about the merging between politics, talking points, and the news to now be excusing this and giving rationalizations for this left and right. Its hypocritical, its pathetic, its hyper partisan, and its sadly typical of so many that are involved greatly in politics these days.

  2. #142
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: ABC News Teams Up With Obama White House to Present President's Health Care Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    If Bush killed a fly on live tv people would say he was a brute dolt and they'd complain that he just sat there with gross fly guts on his dirty hands. But not Obama. He's a ninja, mad precision skills, incredible, like superman. We're mesmerized by his fly killing skills. Snap out of it people.
    I think I would have just turned the channel, which is what I wanted to do after I found out the whole Obama video was just him killing a fly.

  3. #143
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: ABC News Teams Up With Obama White House to Present President's Health Care Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    First, this is unprecedented. This isn't like a speech. Its a prime time "special", not on multiple networks, that is being presented it seems more as a "news" show than an address to the nation. It is not a general policiy but APPEARS to be essentially a special designed to sell Obama's policy on health care. Sell it, to the American People. On a "news" program. On network television, in prime time. This is far different than a speech.

    I will hold judgement until it happens, as it COULD be handled well.

    It would help if they allowed republicans time to give a counter statement, as is typical of state of the union addresses and other things generally focusing on policy. Baring that, having some actual right leaning commentators there to ask him questions, legitiamte questions, concerning it along with those on the left would at least perhaps give it a bit of credance.

    Either way, I dislike this great. Its far to much merging of politics and media. I find it laughable, utterly laughable and frankly disgusting, to see liberals that have sat there for years crying on end about "Faux News" and them caring more about "ratings" and "pushing an agenda" rather than "reporting the news" and about the merging between politics, talking points, and the news to now be excusing this and giving rationalizations for this left and right. Its hypocritical, its pathetic, its hyper partisan, and its sadly typical of so many that are involved greatly in politics these days.


    did you see? Not only no counter statement but:



    DRUDGE REPORT: ABC REFUSES OPPOSITION ADS DURING WHITE HOUSE SPECIAL 2009
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #144
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: ABC News Teams Up With Obama White House to Present President's Health Care Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    You haven't seen that? Hollywood made tons of these videos. I'm still trying to forgive Michael Franti who I love for this one:

    YouTube - OBAMA SONG OFFICIAL VIDEO - Michael Franti and Spearhead

    This one brings a tear to my eye and I hate myself for it:

    YouTube - Yes We Can - Obama Song - Will-I-Am, - Lyrics

    I really believed once he was elected folks would snap out of it. So people snap out of it!!!!

    If Bush killed a fly on live tv people would say he was a brute dolt and they'd complain that he just sat there with gross fly guts on his dirty hands. But not Obama. He's a ninja, mad precision skills, incredible, like superman. We're mesmerized by his fly killing skills. Snap out of it people.
    Im just overwhelmed at the fact that the first actual lines of the first SONG say "Hes making history"...

    And someone doubted me when I said thats why he was elected......
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  5. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: ABC News Teams Up With Obama White House to Present President's Health Care Plan

    Should we start making bets on whether or not the "special" will have a musical score??? I'm betting there will be filmed video of the most horrible health care atrocities that can be found in America. Then just when we feel like the worst absolute crap after suffering through little kids who need a kidney but have no insurance we will then get a positive proactive Obama who can tell us we can fix this, or better yet - he can fix this. And I'm thinking there will definitely be music of some sort at some point. And if there is - music - then there's no more arguing over whether it was a propaganda piece or not. Right? Plus I have a sneaky suspicion that the questions will range from coming from those who love Obama, to those who love love love Obama, to those who get a thrill up their leg, and finally from those who want to have his baby.
    Last edited by talloulou; 06-17-09 at 05:11 PM.

  6. #146
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: ABC News Teams Up With Obama White House to Present President's Health Care Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    First, this is unprecedented. This isn't like a speech. Its a prime time "special", not on multiple networks, that is being presented it seems more as a "news" show than an address to the nation. It is not a general policiy but APPEARS to be essentially a special designed to sell Obama's policy on health care. Sell it, to the American People. On a "news" program. On network television, in prime time. This is far different than a speech.

    I will hold judgement until it happens, as it COULD be handled well.

    It would help if they allowed republicans time to give a counter statement, as is typical of state of the union addresses and other things generally focusing on policy. Baring that, having some actual right leaning commentators there to ask him questions, legitiamte questions, concerning it along with those on the left would at least perhaps give it a bit of credance.

    Either way, I dislike this great. Its far to much merging of politics and media. I find it laughable, utterly laughable and frankly disgusting, to see liberals that have sat there for years crying on end about "Faux News" and them caring more about "ratings" and "pushing an agenda" rather than "reporting the news" and about the merging between politics, talking points, and the news to now be excusing this and giving rationalizations for this left and right. Its hypocritical, its pathetic, its hyper partisan, and its sadly typical of so many that are involved greatly in politics these days.
    I watch fox news though...

    I understand your concern(and I am quick to point out I am not one of those people of whom you refer), I think that if Bush had made this offer, ABC would have picked it up. It's just Obama is the one who thought of it.

    Might be a good time to re-examine the rules, though even then we get into dangerous territory. Even as a democrat, I don't trust those in congress not to take such a re-examination as an excuse to try and get as much liberal talk radio as conservative, and that would be wrong too.

  7. #147
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: ABC News Teams Up With Obama White House to Present President's Health Care Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    Should we start making bets on whether or not the "special" will have a musical score??? I'm betting there will be filmed video of the most horrible health care atrocities that can be found in America. Then just when we feel like the worst absolute crap after suffering through little kids who need a kidney but have no insurance we will then get a positive proactive Obama who can tell us we can fix this, or better yet - he can fix this. And I'm thinking their will definitely be music of some sort at some point. And if there is - music - then there's no more arguing over whether it was a propaganda piece or not. Right?
    think they will bring in Michael Moore to direct that video? Now that would piss off you righties...

  8. #148
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: ABC News Teams Up With Obama White House to Present President's Health Care Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    Should we start making bets on whether or not the "special" will have a musical score??? I'm betting there will be filmed video of the most horrible health care atrocities that can be found in America. Then just when we feel like the worst absolute crap after suffering through little kids who need a kidney but have no insurance we will then get a positive proactive Obama who can tell us we can fix this, or better yet - he can fix this. And I'm thinking there will definitely be music of some sort at some point. And if there is - music - then there's no more arguing over whether it was a propaganda piece or not. Right? Plus I have a sneaky suspicion that the questions will range from coming from those who love Obama, to those who love love love Obama, to those who get a thrill up their leg, and finally from those who want to have his baby.
    YOUR RIGHT !~
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  9. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: ABC News Teams Up With Obama White House to Present President's Health Care Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    think they will bring in Michael Moore to direct that video? Now that would piss off you righties...
    No Michael Moore is gross. Obama only likes beautiful people. I'd be more shocked by the presence of Michael Moore than I would be by Obama's pants literally ripping at the seam as winged unicorns in rainbow colors flew out of his bunghole during the special.

  10. #150
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: ABC News Teams Up With Obama White House to Present President's Health Care Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    No Michael Moore is gross. Obama only likes beautiful people. I'd be more shocked by the presence of Michael Moore than I would be by Obama's pants literally ripping at the seam as winged unicorns in rainbow colors flew out of his bunghole during the special.
    You have a colorful turn of phrase. I bet you could get a job as a writer.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •