Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39

Thread: Lloyds Bank hit by Obama tax purge

  1. #21
    Educator Frodly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Last Seen
    06-26-16 @ 02:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    684

    Re: Lloyds Bank hit by Obama tax purge

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    When you tax the income of a man who makes money and lives in this country and most likely spends it or saves it here then you are scaring off the goose that laid the golden egg.


    So what is your point?? I should have to pay taxes, but some rich prick shouldn't??? If that isn't your point, then what is?? It doesn't seem like you have one.
    I'm a Tarte, what!! You want some of this??

    To argue with a man who has renounced his reason is like giving medicine to the dead. -- Thomas Paine

  2. #22
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Lloyds Bank hit by Obama tax purge

    Quote Originally Posted by Frodly View Post
    So what is your point?? I should have to pay taxes, but some rich prick shouldn't??? If that isn't your point, then what is?? It doesn't seem like you have one.
    Tax everyone at the same rate and tax everyone lightly.

    Seriously it's as if the Laffer Curve has taught us all nothing.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  3. #23
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Lloyds Bank hit by Obama tax purge

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    How is there no just reason? They control a majority of the capital, yet they are a minority of the people. Therefore, they have more to lose if the government should fall, as they also have more of a say in government, believe it or not. Is every aspect of the tax code fair? No, but for the time it is what we have.
    Its a crap system and government busybodies are unwilling to change it.

    As you said a flat tax is the fairest option.

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    And if only it could be such a world where we all got to decide what laws we felt were ridiculous and should not apply to us. That is unreasonable to say the least. Again, if people are unhappy with the system, change it.
    If there were only a group of people we could use to help decide what laws we should make based on justice and not on populism.

    Its not unreasonable, the politicians have found it their job to get reelected by making laws that punish one group in favor of another.

    That violates the foundations of our country and its legal system.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  4. #24
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Lloyds Bank hit by Obama tax purge

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    That's why we tax proportions. We don't tax to make everyone equal, although progressive taxation aims at it.
    How so? That is what evidence do you have that the goal of progressive taxation is to make everyone equals?

    I argue that the idea of progressive taxation is to place more free-capital in the hands of the consumers (Middle Class), with the knowledge that these people drive the economy and keep the rich, rich by spending money. In conservative taxation you see the economy as it is today-Recession and loss of jobs. Why? The consumer base is weak as the tax burden was eased on the wealthy and shifted more to the Middle Class. What did the wealthy do with this extra-capital? Not create jobs, but invest in commodities like oil, which increase the Middle Class plight and furthers the recession of the economy.

  5. #25
    Educator Frodly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Last Seen
    06-26-16 @ 02:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    684

    Re: Lloyds Bank hit by Obama tax purge

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    Your question insinuates there is this huge issue where the wealthy pay little to no income tax which flies in the face of reality. Just saying.

    Class warfare is so cheesy. I aim to be rich rich rich one day and don't give a hoot who gets their panties in a bunch or hates me for it.


    You know what is cheesy!! Excusing the immoral behaviors of rich people, because of the ridiculous and naive notion that "I will be rich some day." I am currently a student, and have no money. I know for a 100% fact that I will be rich some day. I know, because my grandfather is very wealthy, and I will eventually inherit his money. That doesn't change my views on allowing people to break the law, if they do not like the law. If a law is truely unjust, then break it. Expecting rich douche bags to pay their taxes, when we already have some of the lowest taxes in the western world, is just common sense.


    PS. Almost all people want to be "rich rich rich one day" The reality is very few ever will be.
    I'm a Tarte, what!! You want some of this??

    To argue with a man who has renounced his reason is like giving medicine to the dead. -- Thomas Paine

  6. #26
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Lloyds Bank hit by Obama tax purge

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    How so? That is what evidence do you have that the goal of progressive taxation is to make everyone equals?
    Not that it will, but that it helps since it treats people differently.

    I argue that the idea of progressive taxation is to place more free-capital in the hands of the consumers (Middle Class), with the knowledge that these people drive the economy and keep the rich, rich by spending money. In conservative taxation you see the economy as it is today-Recession and loss of jobs. Why? The consumer base is weak as the tax burden was eased on the wealthy and shifted more to the Middle Class. What did the wealthy do with this extra-capital? Not create jobs, but invest in commodities like oil, which increase the Middle Class plight and furthers the recession of the economy.
    The problem is that we grow rich by production, not by spending. "Production creates its own demand."

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  7. #27
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Lloyds Bank hit by Obama tax purge

    Quote Originally Posted by Frodly View Post
    PS. Almost all people want to be "rich rich rich one day" The reality is very few ever will be.
    Richer than most of society? Yes, most will not reach that. Richer than our grandparents? Everyone can achieve that if we advance and produce enough.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: Lloyds Bank hit by Obama tax purge

    Quote Originally Posted by Frodly View Post
    You know what is cheesy!! Excusing the immoral behaviors of rich people, because of the ridiculous and naive notion that "I will be rich some day." I am currently a student, and have no money. I know for a 100% fact that I will be rich some day. I know, because my grandfather is very wealthy, and I will eventually inherit his money. That doesn't change my views on allowing people to break the law, if they do not like the law. If a law is truely unjust, then break it. Expecting rich douche bags to pay their taxes, when we already have some of the lowest taxes in the western world, is just common sense.


    PS. Almost all people want to be "rich rich rich one day" The reality is very few ever will be.
    The immoral behavior of rich people????

  9. #29
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Lloyds Bank hit by Obama tax purge

    The problem is that we grow rich by production, not by spending. "Production creates its own demand."
    Production of manufactured goods in this country is a thing of the past. Services and technology may still be within the sphere of the U.S., but with children doing ever poorer in science and mathmatics, and less entering into the fields, we will most certainly lose these areas of economic growth as well. Ultimately, machines will produce goods rather than people, therefore innovation is needed to grow our economy and to find new jobs.

    I think at this point, without a war or some other catstrophy, China is on course to be the next economic leader of the world. The U.S. is falling behind and I do not see how we shall retake the throne anytime soon.

  10. #30
    Educator Frodly's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Last Seen
    06-26-16 @ 02:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    684

    Re: Lloyds Bank hit by Obama tax purge

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    The immoral behavior of rich people????


    Yes, if you have millions of dollars, and yet you still work as hard as you can to avoid taxes, you are an immoral person. Your priorities are WAY out of whack. My grandfather has millions, and he is miserable old prick. My father is a construction worker, and he is one of the best men in the entire world. I have no desire to be rich rich rich one day. All I desire is to be a decent human being!!
    I'm a Tarte, what!! You want some of this??

    To argue with a man who has renounced his reason is like giving medicine to the dead. -- Thomas Paine

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •