Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 199

Thread: 18-year old charged in Florida cat mutilations

  1. #71
    Professor
    Alfons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    10-31-17 @ 03:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,460

    Re: 18-year old charged in Florida cat mutilations

    Quote Originally Posted by bhkad View Post
    The Associated Press: 18-year old charged in Florida cat mutilations


    They say that this is a possible predictor of serial killing later in life.

    And if you say he looks angelic, so did Ted Bundy.
    Maybe guy is ill. A good lunatic asylum can help him.
    Rom 6:23:For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

  2. #72
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,026

    Re: 18-year old charged in Florida cat mutilations

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    He needs to be locked away now and intensely evaluated. This is a serious escalation in sadism and psychopathy for someone so young. I would definitely be worried that this was a precursor to something much more sinister.
    So far the kid is saying he is innocent and the reports around this sound speculative anyways. They say that cops where watching him for 2 weeks? Yet they don't say the caught him in the act. So the incidents happened around his house... that doesn't mean is guilty. They arrested him at a party... I didn't think most cat killing sickos would be having fun at social parties.

    Have they searched all the backwoods areas for satanic activity?
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  3. #73
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-23-17 @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,429
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 18-year old charged in Florida cat mutilations

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    It's one thing to shoot at an animal. It's another thing to torture it and crush its skull and pull out its eyeballs.
    I don't know. I mean, yeah, pulling out a cats eyeballs, if it were alive at the time, is pretty sadistic. But I don't see much difference between killing an animal with a sledgehammer or killing it with a firearm. Unless you are trying to bring down a cow or a horse. But with cats, a sledghammer to the skull would be as quick as using a gun.
    "Loyalty only matters when there's a hundred reasons not to be-" Gen. Mattis

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 18-year old charged in Florida cat mutilations

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    So far the kid is saying he is innocent and the reports around this sound speculative anyways. They say that cops where watching him for 2 weeks? Yet they don't say the caught him in the act. So the incidents happened around his house... that doesn't mean is guilty. They arrested him at a party... I didn't think most cat killing sickos would be having fun at social parties.

    Have they searched all the backwoods areas for satanic activity?
    OK, you are correct. I hinge all that on him being proven to be the one who really did do it.

    I would have to see how the evidence plays out.

    However, my point about intense evaluation being needed stands...whoever did do this is showing some extremely fast escalation.

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: 18-year old charged in Florida cat mutilations

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    I don't know. I mean, yeah, pulling out a cats eyeballs, if it were alive at the time, is pretty sadistic. But I don't see much difference between killing an animal with a sledgehammer or killing it with a firearm. Unless you are trying to bring down a cow or a horse. But with cats, a sledghammer to the skull would be as quick as using a gun.
    Hunting shouldn't be for sport alone. All hunters should respect what they kill and have a reason for killing it. To just kill for killings sake alone is something I can't respect and wouldn't allow my son to do. If he kills a deer with a gun he is gonna damn well eat it. To just kill anything for fun and laughs is not healthy.

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: 18-year old charged in Florida cat mutilations

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Saying that cat killers are inevitably going to become serial killers is delusional. Perhaps it's you that should be reading up.
    Post #10 -- the thread flies right off the rails...

    News Media does this-- disagreement is much more interesting than agreement.

    We couldn't all just agree that this is a sick kid who needs help and move on. Someone had to come to the kid's defense. How dare we say that some serial killers start off on animals.

    I'm afraid to turn the page to see there this is going...

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: 18-year old charged in Florida cat mutilations

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    What? How have you turned what I said around to mean the exact opposite of what I said?
    Because I'm damned good, is how.

  8. #78
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,458
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 18-year old charged in Florida cat mutilations

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    Hunting shouldn't be for sport alone. All hunters should respect what they kill and have a reason for killing it. To just kill for killings sake alone is something I can't respect and wouldn't allow my son to do. If he kills a deer with a gun he is gonna damn well eat it. To just kill anything for fun and laughs is not healthy.

    Amen, Tall. Best post of this thread.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 18-year old charged in Florida cat mutilations

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    How dare we say that some serial killers start off on animals.

    ...
    True. It's funny how people twist up simple logic.

    Nearly every serial killer starts off killing small animals.

    Not every person who kills small animals becomes a serial killer.

    You think he'll understand that or should we draw pictures, too?

  10. #80
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-23-17 @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,429
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 18-year old charged in Florida cat mutilations

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    Hunting shouldn't be for sport alone. All hunters should respect what they kill and have a reason for killing it. To just kill for killings sake alone is something I can't respect and wouldn't allow my son to do. If he kills a deer with a gun he is gonna damn well eat it. To just kill anything for fun and laughs is not healthy.
    When my dad taught me to hunt, he was very clear that I was to end the life of the animal as quickly as possible. He never stopped me from taking my BB gun/pellet gun out and hunting down small animals, even though I wasn't going to eat them, but I remember he always told me that if I injured it and caught it, I should kill it quickly.

    The point I was referring to with aps, was that the method of delivering death doesn't make a huge difference to me so long as its quick. If you shoot a cat, or whack its head with a sledgehammer. Either way, its a quick death for the cat.
    "Loyalty only matters when there's a hundred reasons not to be-" Gen. Mattis

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •