Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 478

Thread: Riots erupt in Tehran over 'stolen' election

  1. #451
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,897

    Re: Riots erupt in Tehran over 'stolen' election

    However, I realize too that the very people I am "rooting" for, in spirit in their struggle against their theocratic dictatorship, are the same people who would like nothing more than to give each and American an acid bath.
    That couldn't be further from the truth. Are you for real or just trolling?
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  2. #452
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,463

    Re: Riots erupt in Tehran over 'stolen' election

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    However, I realize too that the very people I am "rooting" for, in spirit in their struggle against their theocratic dictatorship, are the same people who would like nothing more than to give each and American an acid bath. Let's not pretend we're all friends here. I'm still pissed about the hostage taking 30 years ago.
    CA many of the people protesting in the streets of Iran weren't even alive in 1979, and just as many were too young back then to actually have an intelligent opinion one way or the other about their nation or the U.S.

    The men in charge of Iran today, the ones these crowds are trying to bring down, they are the ones you should be angry about. There were active members of the 1979 Revolution. The protesters offer a new hope for that nation.
    *insert profound statement here*

  3. #453
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,072

    Re: Riots erupt in Tehran over 'stolen' election

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    do Iranian citizens have weapons?, or have the right to bear arms?
    No, and that's just the way Obam.....I mean, the mullahs want it.

  4. #454
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,463

    Re: Riots erupt in Tehran over 'stolen' election

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    No, and that's just the way Obam.....I mean, the mullahs want it.
    What exactly are you insinuating here? No need to try and be sly, just say it.
    *insert profound statement here*

  5. #455
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: Riots erupt in Tehran over 'stolen' election

    meanwhile, in order to be victorious they need to be as commited as the fanatical religious nuts who seized power in 79. That is where I see this coming up short, unfortunately

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  6. #456
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Riots erupt in Tehran over 'stolen' election

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayH View Post
    meanwhile, in order to be victorious they need to be as commited as the fanatical religious nuts who seized power in 79. That is where I see this coming up short, unfortunately


    It took a few weeks of riots to get to that point in 1979. But yes they have to be willing to pick up guns and kill people or it will not go anywhere significant.


    Most recent "news" I saw was that Mousavi/Rafanjani are directly confronting amhnut/Khamenie in an internal power struggle. Important in that it further destabilizes the situation and further removes it from a mere matter of an election to a matter of the theocracy. Whether the people want to replace one loon with another loon or remove the entire system of loons is the question at hand.

  7. #457
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Riots erupt in Tehran over 'stolen' election

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    CA many of the people protesting in the streets of Iran weren't even alive in 1979, and just as many were too young back then to actually have an intelligent opinion one way or the other about their nation or the U.S.

    The men in charge of Iran today, the ones these crowds are trying to bring down, they are the ones you should be angry about. There were active members of the 1979 Revolution. The protesters offer a new hope for that nation.
    Unless I stand corrected, I believe that their guy, whom they believe the election was stolen from, was also a part of the movement that took our hostages. Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

    To hell with Iran. They hate us.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  8. #458
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,463

    Re: Riots erupt in Tehran over 'stolen' election

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Unless I stand corrected, I believe that their guy, whom they believe the election was stolen from, was also a part of the movement that took our hostages. Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.

    To hell with Iran. They hate us.
    CA, he was the best alternative the Mullah's gave the people. I don't think anyone is saying he is the embodiment of the movement, they aren't just out there for him.

    They are out there because the Guardian Council stole their vote and their voice. They were summarily dismissed as inconsequential and the are pissed. Mousavi is one man in the process...nothing more. It could have been anyone else and it wouldn't have mattered. The Mullah's had their man, everyone else was irrelevant.

    This isn't really about Mousavi.
    *insert profound statement here*

  9. #459
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: Riots erupt in Tehran over 'stolen' election

    isn't it really all bull**** anyways
    isnt the Iranian president just a puppet for the Ayatollahs
    can one puppet really be any better than another puppet

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  10. #460
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,208

    Re: Riots erupt in Tehran over 'stolen' election

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayH View Post
    isn't it really all bull**** anyways
    isnt the Iranian president just a puppet for the Ayatollahs
    can one puppet really be any better than another puppet
    Who cares?
    If it makes the people rebel the regime, it's good for the West.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •