Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 478

Thread: Riots erupt in Tehran over 'stolen' election

  1. #11
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Riots erupt in Tehran over 'stolen' election

    From the article; I found this interesting:
    Overt signs of repression included the failure of phone lines for hours after the polls closed and the blocking of the English and Persian-language websites of the BBC and the Voice of America - which are regularly attacked by the Iranian government as "imperialist." SMS messaging also failed.
    Trying to cut their communications, eh?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  2. #12
    User BaZaRr BeAtZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Communist States of America
    Last Seen
    07-23-09 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    44

    Re: Riots erupt in Tehran over 'stolen' election

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    Source: guardian.co.uk

    The scale of the fraud committed here is simply astounding.
    Hey, this kind of reminds me of what happened back during the 2000-2001 American presidential polls.....well without the violence of course....but almost the same type of corruption. Anyone else see scary similarities?

    At least it's a good thing to know that America isn't the only government which is corrupt.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Riots erupt in Tehran over 'stolen' election

    Will end the same way the College 'riot' ended a few years ago. If it doesn't just fade away in a day or two..which is most likely.

    Ring leaders will be hung, agitators imprisoned.... rest will melt away.



    Iran will continue to develop nuclear weapons, call for the extermination of Jews, the destruction of the USA, openly support terrorists, etc ..and Obama will do nothing but pose for cameras.
    Last edited by Triad; 06-13-09 at 06:26 PM.

  4. #14
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: Riots erupt in Tehran over 'stolen' election

    Quote Originally Posted by BaZaRr BeAtZ View Post
    Hey, this kind of reminds me of what happened back during the 2000-2001 American presidential polls.....well without the violence of course....but almost the same type of corruption. Anyone else see scary similarities?

    At least it's a good thing to know that America isn't the only government which is corrupt.
    It is not even close to the same thing. If fraud was as massive in 2000 do you really think the official results would have been so close? In Iran they didn't even count the votes, they just made up some BS numbers.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: Riots erupt in Tehran over 'stolen' election

    Quote Originally Posted by BaZaRr BeAtZ View Post
    Hey, this kind of reminds me of what happened back during the 2000-2001 American presidential polls.....well without the violence of course....but almost the same type of corruption. Anyone else see scary similarities?

    At least it's a good thing to know that America isn't the only government which is corrupt.
    No it doesn't not even close but nice try to bring in something that is way off topic as a matter of fact I call and trolling

  6. #16
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Riots erupt in Tehran over 'stolen' election

    Damn I was going to say (judging from only the start of the video) that their police seem to handle crowds in a much less thuggish way than our American. But by the end you see that all riot cops are the same... Paycheck + a free get your beat on session for others silence.

    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZ2V-GyRYvc]YouTube - Iranian Election Riots 2009 [Raw Video][/ame]


    No debate just sharin'.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  7. #17
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,129

    Re: Riots erupt in Tehran over 'stolen' election

    Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    Will end the same way the College 'riot' ended a few years ago. If it doesn't just fade away in a day or two..which is most likely.

    Ring leaders will be hung, agitators imprisoned.... rest will melt away.



    Iran will continue to develop nuclear weapons, call for the extermination of Jews, the destruction of the USA, openly support terrorists, etc ..and Obama will do nothing but pose for cameras.
    instead, Obama should [fill in the blank triad]

  8. #18
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,725

    Reports: Turmoil grips Iran as reform candidate arrested

    Poll watchers in Iran's election report that Moussavi got 65% of the vote.

    The Mullah's give the election to Ahmedinejad, and claim that Moussave only got 28% of the vote.

    How does one solve a huge discrepancy like that? Easy. Arrest the candidate who really won, and wage a brutal crackdown on his supporters. How good of a strategy is that? It depends on the integrity of the people. I have a feeling that the Spirit of Philadelphia has returned, this time making a visit to Iran. The Mullahs have become the new King George III. Freedom for the Iranian people may not happen overnight, but it will eventually come. More than 200 years ago, Americans showed that, no matter how mightily armed the suppressor is, it cannot keep the people down forever, and that eventually, they will rise up and overthrow tyranny. I am optimistic that this is exactly what is going to happen in Iran. As Americans, we should support and encourage the overthrow of Iran's tyrants. My best wishes go out to the Iranian people. May they one day prevail, and soon.

    Iran is in turmoil and the country’s political scene is undergoing moment-by-moment changes following Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s landslide victory in yesterday’s presidential elections, with evidence growing of a brutal government crackdown on supporters of reformist opposition candidate Mir Hossein Mousavi.
    Article is here.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  9. #19
    User BaZaRr BeAtZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Communist States of America
    Last Seen
    07-23-09 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    44

    Re: Riots erupt in Tehran over 'stolen' election

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    It is not even close to the same thing. If fraud was as massive in 2000 do you really think the official results would have been so close? In Iran they didn't even count the votes, they just made up some BS numbers.
    So you say their votes weren't even counted because a member of the losing party said so? Are there actual facts supporting those accusations? I haven't seen any, just accusations from the losing party. True, maybe our voting corruption in the 2000-2001 elections wasn't quite as bad, but it was still there, making my point valid.

  10. #20
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Riots erupt in Tehran over 'stolen' election

    Quote Originally Posted by BaZaRr BeAtZ View Post
    So you say their votes weren't even counted because a member of the losing party said so? Are there actual facts supporting those accusations? I haven't seen any, just accusations from the losing party. True, maybe our voting corruption in the 2000-2001 elections wasn't quite as bad, but it was still there, making my point valid.
    Has there been any election, ever, without at least SOME corruption?

    Further, has there been a US election in the past 50 years that had only slight corruption?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •