Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 318

Thread: Kansas Teacher Claims Conservative Views Led to Loss of Job

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Kansas Teacher Claims Conservative Views Led to Loss of Job

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    The topic seems to be heavily one-sided and lacking a lot of facts. Hard to truly comment on something when you only have a biased account of the events that unfolded.
    So then, just a drive by troll-job. That's what I thought.

  2. #52
    Sage
    akyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,470

    Re: Kansas Teacher Claims Conservative Views Led to Loss of Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I didn't watch the inauguration, I don't even know what I was doing at the time either, probably sleeping.
    Forced to watch it at work.
    I had not seen one since Carter.
    Thank you

  3. #53
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Kansas Teacher Claims Conservative Views Led to Loss of Job

    Quote Originally Posted by akyron View Post
    Forced to watch it at work.
    I had not seen one since Carter.
    How could they "force" you to watch it?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  4. #54
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    mad Re: Kansas Teacher Claims Conservative Views Led to Loss of Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    This all makes the assumption that the teacher is being honest and correct. If he is, then the firing was wrong, but I am going to bet there is more to the story that what this article mentions.
    You mean a story like about the raving leftwing lunatics that infest our public school system indoctrinating our children with stalinistic propaganda, and never get fired? You mean like them? He should get fired, only after they get fired.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #55
    Educator TBone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Phoenix
    Last Seen
    04-01-15 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    673

    Re: Kansas Teacher Claims Conservative Views Led to Loss of Job

    I've got to hear the other side. We will not because of privacy laws, which prohibit employers from releasing this information.

    Some employers don't let you promote your political views during work. In our county, we cannot wear political stuff during work, and if we use our cars for work, and we are reimbused, we can't display political stuff.

    Generally, school teachers are not free agents and must teach what they are told. Your freedom of expression doesn't extend to comments you make during your employment as a representative of your employer. If you don't talk the talk or walk the walk they can fire you.
    Last edited by TBone; 06-13-09 at 11:08 PM.
    It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
    Emiliano Zapata


  6. #56
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Kansas Teacher Claims Conservative Views Led to Loss of Job

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    So then, just a drive by troll-job. That's what I thought.
    Well I'm sorry that you think it's a good idea to take some guy's word about a situation where he would be heavily biased and where there is a severe lack of evidence. I'll wait for more information.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  7. #57
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Kansas Teacher Claims Conservative Views Led to Loss of Job

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    In a word, yes. Especially when the transcript of the address was used as a teaching aid and discussion piece.
    Okay, well I disagree. To each their own.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  8. #58
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Kansas Teacher Claims Conservative Views Led to Loss of Job

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You mean a story like about the raving leftwing lunatics that infest our public school system indoctrinating our children with stalinistic propaganda, and never get fired? You mean like them? He should get fired, only after they get fired.
    Have you met Joe Steel?
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Kansas Teacher Claims Conservative Views Led to Loss of Job

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Well I'm sorry that you think it's a good idea to take some guy's word about a situation where he would be heavily biased and where there is a severe lack of evidence. I'll wait for more information.
    You wanna show me where I said that we should take his word? Cuz, I can show you where I stated the exact opposite...

    So still nothing about the topic and just directing your angst at the posters?

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Kansas Teacher Claims Conservative Views Led to Loss of Job

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Okay, well I disagree. To each their own.
    So if to each their own, why is it being held against this teacher?

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •