Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 318

Thread: Kansas Teacher Claims Conservative Views Led to Loss of Job

  1. #221
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Kansas Teacher Claims Conservative Views Led to Loss of Job

    Quote Originally Posted by wbreese91 View Post
    Somehow I am doubting your actual lean is Independant.
    Maybe you've never met a real independent.

    Now you have.

    It means I take the right side of the issue, I don't worry about which party is where.

    Because the Democrats are almost never right on anything, it's their problem that they're on the wrong side. Its certainly not my problem, except, of course, that the easily led emotionally driven ignorant mob that votes for Democrats have the guns of the government backing up their evil agendas.

    But intellectually and morally, I'm on the correct side of the issues I take positions on.

    Did you ever try to understand your motives for being consistently on the wrong side of things,? That is where you are when you're not on my side, so it's something you should expend more thought on.

    What are your driving moral absolutes? Have you matured enough to identify them?

  2. #222
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Kansas Teacher Claims Conservative Views Led to Loss of Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Maybe you've never met a real independent.

    Now you have.

    It means I take the right side of the issue,
    I won't argue with that being what you do...

  3. #223
    Advisor wbreese91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Marietta, Ohio
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    407

    Re: Kansas Teacher Claims Conservative Views Led to Loss of Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Basis for assumption? Address in your argument the fact that an outstanding majority of the US Senators are poisoned by socialism, that a strong majority of the House are similarly infected, and that the nation has been slouching towards socialist heaven, what Americans call "hell", for the last 77 years.



    Well, most kids are taught something that no one who's studied the subject would call "history".

    Most kids are taught that simply having self-respect is more important than learning the skills that will allow a man to respect himself by accomplishing something useful for himself and his family, ie, a real job.

    Most kids are taught that winning doesn't count, it's the effort that matters, which is purest bull droppings.

    Most kids are taught that there's no such thing as moral absolutes, while the schools supplant the parents as the moral instructors of their lives. (The Paron's kids in 1984).

    Math is taught by incompetents, because more time is needed to massage the kids' feelings.

    Reading is optional, too.

    The American school system is over funded and under taught, with the wrong subjects on the curriculum and no focus on what the real important issues for students are....learning SKILLS that will help them do well later in life, such as math, literature, HISTORY, and reading.



    "Another"....ie, more than one?

    It's not like the abuse of power is uncommon in public schools. All the teachers I've talked to that weren't prounion were most definitely cautious about stating their convictions, since, like in all goonion shops, being anti-goonion wasn't a career propelling position.

    So, yeah, I used the word "another", and no, I'm not wasting my time citing examples for anyone.



    You're a liberal alrighty. Only a liberal would deny that liberal = commie and has since the liberals abandoned the socialist label to hide behind the label that used to identify person's opposed to the expansion of government power, a theft the liberals performed before Limbaugh was born.



    Finally, the previous hundred posts by liberals insisting desperately that the teacher must be lying was indicative of their awareness that it's unlikely that he is.
    Ok. Your previous statement really doesn't merit any response but I suppose that I have nothing better to do right now.

    Previous Posters comment-no they weren't saying he is lying, they were saying he COULD BE lying, just as the school system COULD BE lying.

    To address your attack on my moderacy, read my other posts.

    Liberals have not become Communists. They do not support government owned everything, they simply favor more government regulation. Which happens to be something I disagree with wholeheartedly, I just can't stand pompous partisan posturing like yours or Rush Limbaughs.
    “Justitia suum cuique distribuit” Justice renders to every one his due

    - Cicero

  4. #224
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Kansas Teacher Claims Conservative Views Led to Loss of Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Maybe you've never met a real independent.

    Now you have.

    It means I take the right side of the issue, I don't worry about which party is where.

    Because the Democrats are almost never right on anything, it's their problem that they're on the wrong side. Its certainly not my problem, except, of course, that the easily led emotionally driven ignorant mob that votes for Democrats have the guns of the government backing up their evil agendas.

    But intellectually and morally, I'm on the correct side of the issues I take positions on.
    You about as 'independent' as a pod person. or the Borg.

    If Dems are wrong on almost everything and you see yourself as always right. There's only one side left... Right?

  5. #225
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Kansas Teacher Claims Conservative Views Led to Loss of Job

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    You about as 'independent' as a pod person. or the Borg.
    I wouldn't know. I don't waste time on crap sci-fi. Only the good stuff.

    And just because you can't handle the truth doesn't mean I don't post it.

    Since I am independent, it's not my problem that you have problems with contronting your own misperceptions.

    What do I ask when I see a new issue? "How is individual freedom enhanced?" Then I follow the logic, and it usually takes me as far away from anything a proto-democrat or fully grown Demothug would consider. And that means I've followed the correct path.

  6. #226
    Advisor wbreese91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Marietta, Ohio
    Last Seen
    07-08-10 @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    407

    Re: Kansas Teacher Claims Conservative Views Led to Loss of Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    I wouldn't know. I don't waste time on crap sci-fi. Only the good stuff.

    And just because you can't handle the truth doesn't mean I don't post it.

    Since I am independent, it's not my problem that you have problems with contronting your own misperceptions.

    What do I ask when I see a new issue? "How is individual freedom enhanced?" Then I follow the logic, and it usually takes me as far away from anything a proto-democrat or fully grown Demothug would consider. And that means I've followed the correct path.
    Thats all well and good, except that that is a conservative prospective. There is a difference between an independant thinker and an independant. Personally I classify you as neither. Only a pompous and partisan person doesn't care what the other side has to say. The democrats are not always wrong. I know that might come as a shock to your closed minded system, but I really don't care. My doubts in your ability to follow the logic are substantial considering you have yet to post a logical argument. No, your rediculous Limbaugh copyrighted diatribes about Liberals do not count as logic sorry. Conservatives nor liberals have a monopoly on truth and you my decieved conservative friend are not always right, even if that happens to be the name of your political Ideology.
    “Justitia suum cuique distribuit” Justice renders to every one his due

    - Cicero

  7. #227
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Kansas Teacher Claims Conservative Views Led to Loss of Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    I wouldn't know. I don't waste time on crap sci-fi. Only the good stuff.

    And just because you can't handle the truth doesn't mean I don't post it.

    Since I am independent, it's not my problem that you have problems with contronting your own misperceptions.

    What do I ask when I see a new issue? "How is individual freedom enhanced?" Then I follow the logic, and it usually takes me as far away from anything a proto-democrat or fully grown Demothug would consider. And that means I've followed the correct path.
    Dude read your posts and listen to what you're saying.

    You admit you're biased toward democrats. You believe they are wrong on almost everything. You also believe you are on the right side of every issue. Therefore the side you are not on is wrong. Sounds like stubborn and closed-minded. Independent? Not even close.

    By being so closed-minded, you are giving up your own free will.

    The freedom to choose you hold so dear is limited by your inability to consider any position or views held by the Dems. (or not already held by you)

    It is truly fascinating to watch a caged person bolding proclaiming how free he is. You are caged by your own bias and closed-minded thinking.

    How are you 'independent' if you won't even consider candidates from one of the two major parties? Independent means you vote for the candidate and not the party. You can't do that.

    The collective thinking you so distain actually run a good part of your life.

    Resistance is futile.
    Last edited by hazlnut; 06-16-09 at 03:34 AM.

  8. #228
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Kansas Teacher Claims Conservative Views Led to Loss of Job

    Quote Originally Posted by wbreese91 View Post
    Thats all well and good, except that that is a conservative prospective.
    No. It's the mature perspective. It's the perspective derived from first principles.

    Quote Originally Posted by wbreese91 View Post
    There is a difference between an independant thinker and an independant. Personally I classify you as neither.
    Then your taxonomy is out of whack.

    Quote Originally Posted by wbreese91 View Post
    Only a pompous and partisan person doesn't care what the other side has to say.
    Oh, I listen alrighty. And since the logical flaws are as obvious the crack in a plumber's ass, I make note of that, as well. Frankly, there's not much value in a philosophical presentation that's strewn with plumber's buttocks, but it's what the Left likes to show us.

    Quote Originally Posted by wbreese91 View Post
    The democrats are not always wrong.
    What have they done right since agreeing to the Missouri Compromise?

    Quote Originally Posted by wbreese91 View Post
    No, your rediculous Limbaugh copyrighted diatribes about Liberals
    You are aware that I've listened to Limbaugh a total of once in the last ten years, right?

    No, of course you're not. You're merely following the Left-wing Agenda Playbook that says no such thing as an independent thinker can exist, and all persons not on the socialist team are Rush-bots. You're plugged in, that's clear.

    Quote Originally Posted by wbreese91 View Post
    Conservatives nor liberals have a monopoly on truth
    I'm neither conservative nor liberal.

    You're doing what you people must always do, stop arguing the issues and start fighting your straw men.

    Have you ever studied your argument patterns carefully in comparison with Orwell's essay entitled "Politics and the English Language"?

  9. #229
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Kansas Teacher Claims Conservative Views Led to Loss of Job

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    You admit you're biased toward democrats.
    No. I'm a student of the english language and freely admit that I'm biased against any political party that can be so consistently wrong for such an extraordinary length of time and still capture the emotional palpitations of huge masses of mostly ignorant and largely impulsive people.

    When they're wrong all the time, should I not build a bias against their perpetual agenda of slavery and disaster?

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    You believe they are wrong on almost everything.
    Are you claiming they're not?

    On what evidence?

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    You also believe you are on the right side of every issue.
    No.

    I'm right on most issues. That's different than being "on the right side". I'll not fall into your rhetorical traps, thank you very much.

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Therefore the side you are not on is wrong.
    Amazing how being right makes that happen, isn't it?

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Sounds like stubborn and closed-minded.
    Sounds like someone, me, is paying careful attention to what's said, what's done, and what happen when things are all said and done.

    How about you? How many flawed and failed Democrat initiatives have you supported? Socialist Security? Medicaid? The Great Society? How about federally funded public education, something that, like the other programs I just mentioned, has absolutely zero constitutional basis? Are you proud that the Untied States spends more money per capita student than any other country in history to have the most self-respecting and least educated high school students in the industrialized world? That one of the successes you want to hold up for your Democrat buddies to be proud of?

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    By being so closed-minded, you are giving up your own free will.
    Wow. It's underlined. Is that a book title, in accordance with proper english usage?

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    The freedom to choose you hold so dear is limited by your inability to consider any position or views held by the Dems. (or not already held by you)
    Yes, clearly I don't have freedom to choose because I choose to reject the Democrat message of messianic hope and empty promises backed by socialist Robbin' Hood style economics that have never worked anywhere and won't work here. Clearly because I reject a failed plan I'm not free and must be getting programming instructions from the USB port in my right (of course) elbow, the one that's connected to my humorous nerve. (And, yes, I can spell "humerus" just fine).

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    How are you 'independent' if you won't even consider candidates from one of the two major parties? Independent means you vote for the candidate and not the party. You can't do that.
    Can't I?

    How long does it take to see that The Messiah is a callow shallow inexperienced bumbling fool that isn't ready for prime time and that McCain is a left wing RINO the Democrats have been pushing for the GOP nomination for a dozen years? How hard is it to see that my party of registration, the Libertarian Party, has been hijacked by Republicans too incompetent to make a stand in their own party?

    BTW, who did I cast a ballot at in 2008? Why?

    You've got me pigeon-holed, I'm sure you can puke up an answer without thinking a bit.

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    The collective thinking you so distain actually run a good part of your life.
    "Thinking" is singular, therefore you should be showing us that you have the "runs" in the above sentence.

  10. #230
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Kansas Teacher Claims Conservative Views Led to Loss of Job

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    You are showing your ignorance in the common knowledge that Kansas is overwhelmingly and stupifyingly conservative. Conservative enough that State hearings had to be held to decide whether evolution should be taught in schools. IN 2005!!! In his book "What's the Matter With Kansas", author Thomas Frank


    So when you respond to the mention of Kansas being conservative as an "idiotic rant", you run the risk of being identified as an ignorant stooge.
    So, just because they wanted to set the record straight in an official capacity that makes them conservative?

    I still have see no knowledge except that of a stupid school board hearing that suggests that KANSAS is overwhelmingly conservative.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •