Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 318

Thread: Kansas Teacher Claims Conservative Views Led to Loss of Job

  1. #181
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,322
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Kansas Teacher Claims Conservative Views Led to Loss of Job

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I would be interested in seeing what that student's marks were under this teacher. I don't find emotional adolescents to be very reliable sources when discussing authority figures.
    Students were used as a source earlier in the thread backing the teacher. Showing a counterpoint is legit.

  2. #182
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Kansas Teacher Claims Conservative Views Led to Loss of Job

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I would be interested in seeing what that student's marks were under this teacher. I don't find emotional adolescents to be very reliable sources when discussing authority figures.
    Fair enough.

    However, bad grades aren't proof that the student wasn't accurately calling out a bad teacher.

  3. #183
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Kansas Teacher Claims Conservative Views Led to Loss of Job

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Fair enough.

    However, bad grades aren't proof that the student wasn't accurately calling out a bad teacher.
    No, but I would be much less inclined to believe him than I already am if his grades were poor.

    And someone mentioned kids coming out on the other side for the teacher. I don't much take them seriously either.

  4. #184
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Kansas Teacher Claims Conservative Views Led to Loss of Job

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    I found a blog entry from one of this guy's students. At least it offers a view to counter this (so far) one-sided argument:
    I go to Lawrence High School, and the only reason he is being fired is because you can't express these beliefs as fact, as he was during his class. You can't tell a student that your personal beliefs are fact until they are accepted as fact. Tim Latham was flaunting his beliefs in front of the students and therefore not giving them an actual education but instead a series of regurgitated ideals that he called his own. Would you call that the curicullum?

    Then you have the homework issue, where no one was getting anything done in his class. You can't tell a student to accept your beliefs and then do an assignment over it. Several students who did not agree with him felt oppressed in his class room, factionalizing the student population on the issue of whether or not he should be fired. He isn't a teacher, in any regards of the word.
    LAWRENCE TEACHER LET GO BECAUSE HE DID NOT FIT IN WITH STAFF - KANSAS 9.12 PROJECT
    Interesting. A couple entries after that entry, I found this:
    Reply by Tim Latham on May 26, 2009 at 9:36pm
    Kyler,

    I never had you in class, so how do you know how I taught my classes? Hearsay? You have no facts yourself because you were not in my classes. Just like the administration. They didn't come in my classes either. I have no beef with the school board. They just do what the administration recommends. You have never talked to me.
    Now, this is obviously what he would say if he were in the wrong, but if that was not actually a student...

    Anyway, I found it interesting.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  5. #185
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Kansas Teacher Claims Conservative Views Led to Loss of Job

    Quote Originally Posted by sazerac View Post
    The teacher should have gotten himself a homepage and put up links to Code Pink and Daily Kos and Huffington Post.
    He would still be employed today.............................
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  6. #186
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Kansas Teacher Claims Conservative Views Led to Loss of Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    It's to bad. His polotics sound like they had little to do with his teaching.

    I don't understand how the school can dump what sounds like a good teacher based on his political leanings?

    Easy, the teaches unions control the schools and the teachers unions do not support Americans, only Democrats.

    This teacher actually said The Messiah didn't have enough experience to do the job! How he be trusted to be in contact with impressionable children if he insists on telling them the naked truth like that? I mean, would you trust a teacher that got naked like that with your kids?

    That's all this is about. A teacher in front of a history class isn't allowed to teach real history in Democrat controlled schools. Students might start thinking! Democrats can't have that!

  7. #187
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Kansas Teacher Claims Conservative Views Led to Loss of Job

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    And what the hell does this have to do with Obama?

    You know your comment, hope, change, etc bull****? Obama isn't the school.
    You're wrong!

    The Messiah is EVERYWHERE!

  8. #188
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Kansas Teacher Claims Conservative Views Led to Loss of Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    A guy from Kansas says he got fired because of his political beliefs in what is probably a more conservative state then Texas? Didn't McCain win Kansas by something like 65%?
    what's that got to do with the fact that the state schools are run by state bureaucrats acting as the tools of the unions which are at heart Marxist in outlook?

  9. #189
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Kansas Teacher Claims Conservative Views Led to Loss of Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Easy, the teaches unions control the schools and the teachers unions do not support Americans, only Democrats.

    This teacher actually said The Messiah didn't have enough experience to do the job! How he be trusted to be in contact with impressionable children if he insists on telling them the naked truth like that? I mean, would you trust a teacher that got naked like that with your kids?

    That's all this is about. A teacher in front of a history class isn't allowed to teach real history in Democrat controlled schools. Students might start thinking! Democrats can't have that!
    Do you have anything to back up this idiotic rant?

  10. #190
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Kansas Teacher Claims Conservative Views Led to Loss of Job

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    what's that got to do with the fact that the state schools are run by state bureaucrats acting as the tools of the unions which are at heart Marxist in outlook?
    I think you are forgetting this is happening in Kansas. A teacher so conservative that he sticks out in Kansas must be quite a piece of work.

Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •