Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 54

Thread: The world's biggest (and it even has its own submarine)

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-04-10 @ 04:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,289

    Re: The world's biggest (and it even has its own submarine)

    he also owns Chelsea FC, lets hope this is not a sinking ship like Chelsea appear to be

  2. #12
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: The world's biggest (and it even has its own submarine)

    Quote Originally Posted by BaZaRr BeAtZ View Post
    That is a stereotypical, and quite pathetic statement to make regarding homeless people.....Just because they are homeless does NOT mean they are drunks, gamblers, or worthless drug addicts. To say that "RARELY" there are any other reasons for homelessness is just ignorant, tell that to all the people who had their mortgage rate increase and lost their homes, tell that to the people who got lay-ed off from their jobs because this crappy economy.... I was homeless at one time, not because ANY of those reasons.....because my parents divorced and my mom was trying to support 2 kids making minimum wage and at the time was not able to find a better job. I have been working full time, usually 60+ hours a week, since I was 12 years old. So don't tell me that just because someone is homeless they are any of those things you described. You are the typical person who is greedy and the same stereotypical type of person who has caused America to begin heading towards a 2nd or 3rd world country.
    Do you have any figures to argue that the majority of these people aren't like Caine described?

    If not, you're just stating your opinion and observations, much like he did.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: The world's biggest (and it even has its own submarine)

    Quote Originally Posted by BaZaRr BeAtZ View Post
    Kudos for accumulating that much wealth, pending that it was accumulated legally. Still, we have hundreds of thousands or homeless and starving people who need help.....if you have that much money, wouldn't it be the humane thing to do to want to help other people out?

    And yes.....the yacht is sweet.
    Humane...you mean like contracting for the construction of a massive ship so that hundreds of shipyard workers can have jobs, feed their families, pay for their health care, put their kids through school, and expand the economy?

    Where do you think the three hundred megabucks went?

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: The world's biggest (and it even has its own submarine)

    Quote Originally Posted by BaZaRr BeAtZ View Post
    To say that "RARELY" there are any other reasons for homelessness is just ignorant, tell that to all the people who had their mortgage rate increase and lost their homes,
    They lost a building they couldn't afford, not their jobs. Are they so stupid they all chose to live on the streets instead of using the money they're no longer having to send to the finance company to pay rent at an apartment?


    Quote Originally Posted by BaZaRr BeAtZ View Post
    tell that to the people who got lay-ed off from their jobs because this crappy economy....
    They all immediately moved to the curbs?

    No, that didn't happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by BaZaRr BeAtZ View Post
    I was homeless at one time, not because ANY of those reasons.....because my parents divorced and my mom was trying to support 2 kids making minimum wage and at the time was not able to find a better job. I have been working full time, usually 60+ hours a week, since I was 12 years old. So don't tell me that just because someone is homeless they are any of those things you described.
    Here's a question:

    When something like that happens, why is it someone else's problem?

    Quote Originally Posted by BaZaRr BeAtZ View Post
    You are the typical person who is greedy
    Actually, I'm the typical person with a income that doesn't want to be robbed by people I don't owe a living to, so that the people I am responsible for can live the best life I can provide for them.

    If that means tossing some people I don't know and don't care in the least about off the life boat called my wallet, I'm just fine with that.

    Quote Originally Posted by BaZaRr BeAtZ View Post
    and the same stereotypical type of person who has caused America to begin heading towards a 2nd or 3rd world country.
    Oh, you must be referring to the socialists who've damaged the American economy with all sorts of programs the Constitution doesn't allow, like FHA and FDIC and welfare and Socialist Security and all the rest.

    Clearly free market capitalism hasn't been any trouble.

  5. #15
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: The world's biggest (and it even has its own submarine)

    That is one sweet water ride!

    I saw on the news last night where some ugly ass chair went for like 28 million at auction. I mean this chair was ugly as all get out!
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  6. #16
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: The world's biggest (and it even has its own submarine)

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    No.

    Homeless people are the large majority of their own creating.

    Im not giving the homeless guy my money just because he got himself there by becoming a drug addict or a worthless drunk, or a horrible gambler.

    There are rare occasions where someone is homeless for other reasons, but this is rarely the case.
    You cannot be serious? Do you know how many folks have lost their jobs due to this crappy economy? Rare my ass! Wake Up Dude!
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  7. #17
    Just Crazy Enough to Work
    Edify_Always_In_All_Ways's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Wilmington, DE
    Last Seen
    01-31-14 @ 03:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,299

    Re: The world's biggest (and it even has its own submarine)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    You cannot be serious? Do you know how many folks have lost their jobs due to this crappy economy? Rare my ass! Wake Up Dude!
    Let's cool off here.

    If someone has that wealth, hypothetically, he could donate it to (insert reader's favorite cause here). Increasing birth control awareness in Africa, supporting schools in Afghanistan, investing in alternative energy in the rich guy's homeland, whatever floats all your expensive boats. Relax.

    Or he could just buy a kickass yacht, which works for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat
    Heh. Do you realize how many children I'd murder to be immortal and have an army of willing slaves?

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Arrow Re: The world's biggest (and it even has its own submarine)

    Quote Originally Posted by BaZaRr BeAtZ View Post
    Kudos for accumulating that much wealth, pending that it was accumulated legally. Still, we have hundreds of thousands or homeless and starving people who need help.....if you have that much money, wouldn't it be the humane thing to do to want to help other people out?
    If you really think that is a good thing to do, you should go get the 300 million and throw it into the ever sucking black hole of human need. Hearing your take on what he should do with his 300 million, is as pompous as it is meaningless. To put it bluntly, go out and help one someone, and you will have done more to promote a "humane" world, than you will trying to lay a guilt trip on this feller.

  9. #19
    User BaZaRr BeAtZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Communist States of America
    Last Seen
    07-23-09 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    44

    Re: The world's biggest (and it even has its own submarine)

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Do you have any figures to argue that the majority of these people aren't like Caine described?

    If not, you're just stating your opinion and observations, much like he did.
    If you would like to check into my "opinions" regarding this, do a little research of your own. In fact, here is a few links to get started.

    Why Do People Become Homeless

    Why Are People Homeless?

    National Coalition for the Homeless

    So once again.....tell the people who got lay-ed off and lost their home, or their mortgage company shot their interest rates up, that they are druggies or alcoholics or just lazy.


    " It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from his government " (Thomas Paine)

  10. #20
    User BaZaRr BeAtZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Communist States of America
    Last Seen
    07-23-09 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    44

    Re: The world's biggest (and it even has its own submarine)

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    They lost a building they couldn't afford, not their jobs. Are they so stupid they all chose to live on the streets instead of using the money they're no longer having to send to the finance company to pay rent at an apartment?




    They all immediately moved to the curbs?

    No, that didn't happen.


    Here's a question:

    When something like that happens, why is it someone else's problem?

    Actually, I'm the typical person with a income that doesn't want to be robbed by people I don't owe a living to, so that the people I am responsible for can live the best life I can provide for them.

    If that means tossing some people I don't know and don't care in the least about off the life boat called my wallet, I'm just fine with that.



    Oh, you must be referring to the socialists who've damaged the American economy with all sorts of programs the Constitution doesn't allow, like FHA and FDIC and welfare and Socialist Security and all the rest.

    Clearly free market capitalism hasn't been any trouble.
    First off....I don't believe people "choose" to live on the streets...Second, just because someone's financial situation changes they are stupid?? You must have grown up in a wealthy family and have no idea what it's like to live in poverty because of people like you who would rather watch America suffer than to help out...even just a little.

    Probably not immediately....however, it is not as easy as it once was to find another quality job if you do get lay-ed off.....causing you to get behind on your rent therefore being evicted. Use common sense before you say something like this..

    Oh...I guess you're right.....America isn't known as the country that pulls together to help each other out....I forgot.

    So this just proves my point...you are greedy, and because you've been lucky enough to never have to be in a situation like this, probably because you grew up in a wealthy family and never had to struggle like the majority of Americans, you think that if someone is in a financial bind that it's their fault so why help them.....sad....very sad indeed that you can say you'd rather see someone die of starvation than to give them $5.
    Last edited by BaZaRr BeAtZ; 06-14-09 at 05:53 PM.


    " It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from his government " (Thomas Paine)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •