Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 83

Thread: Obama declares that it's time to fix health care

  1. #71
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Obama declares that it's time to fix health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    You made my case; how much do you pay for insurance for your family? How much did it actually cost you for your sons birth?
    My point was that we are forced dependency on insurance companies. How many of Americans could afford to pay $25k (which is the price due to insurance company inflation) for the birth of each child?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Insurance reduces YOUR burden by spreading the cost among all the members.
    My burden wouldn't need reducing if insurance companies didn't increase the price and thus burden I would incur. This can be taken to lawyers and in some instances the automobile industry. Insurance inflates the cost of everything they touch to enforce consumer dependency.

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I thought the debate was about Government provided care; it was a general comment related to the debate, not claiming that YOU personally believe in it.
    Sorry the "You" in "why do you so desperately want to be a ward of the Government?" maybe me think you were speaking to me.
    Last edited by Gibberish; 06-12-09 at 03:39 PM.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  2. #72
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Obama declares that it's time to fix health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Huh? Who is this directed at and what is the point?

    I am sorry, when have you EVER seen anyone supporting a family on minimum wage? Unless of course it is an 18 year old high school student who got his girlfriend pregnant and has ZERO work experience and his parents kicked him out; or an illegal alien.
    I was just stating basically the worst possible scenario. Granted, someone who's making minimum wage should not have kids, but even then the health insurance was not even 50% of his income.

    Believe me, I'm on your side on this issue.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama declares that it's time to fix health care

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    I was just stating basically the worst possible scenario. Granted, someone who's making minimum wage should not have kids, but even then the health insurance was not even 50% of his income.

    Believe me, I'm on your side on this issue.
    I see that we are on the same page, I was just confused as to what your point was. Thanks for clearing that up.

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Obama declares that it's time to fix health care

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Wanna give a single example?
    Here's one.

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Obama declares that it's time to fix health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I am curious if that median income figure includes the insurance benefits one typically receives from their employer; my guess is that it doesn't.

    But using your point, the reality is that it is indeed about CHOICE; we can CHOOSE to cover ourselves and our families, or we can CHOOSE not to and buy that $5,000.00 TV.

    The argument from the Liberals always seems to be that one should NOT have to CHOOSE between the TV and healthcare and that OTHERS should provide for their healthcare so that they can have the TV without making any sacrifice.

    NOT having CHOICE is the eventuality of any Socialist solution and I think this is what amazes me the most about Americans; that they would CHOOSE to not have a CHOICE.
    The only choice the Left wants anyone to take is to choose to kill your unborn child. That's it. You're not supposed to choose your political view, the Left will tell you want to think, you're not supposed to choose your religion, the Left says we're all socialists now, and that's that, and you're not supposed to choose to be independent, that's a sign of mental illness.

    The nation's health care industry comprises roughly 14% of the nation's economy, it makes sense that a family plan would cost roughly 10% of the family's budget.

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Obama declares that it's time to fix health care

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    I was just stating basically the worst possible scenario. Granted, someone who's making minimum wage should not have kids, but even then the health insurance was not even 50% of his income.

    Believe me, I'm on your side on this issue.
    Hmmm.....maybe we should be using the horrors of raising a family on seven bucks an hour part of the national consciousness so we can start convincing the stupid people that they should hold off breeding until they afford it.

    They don't need a car. They don't need that plasma TV. They don't need cable, or a cell phone, or even the internet in their trailer. They need to be studying and paying off their bills.

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Obama declares that it's time to fix health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Hmmm.....maybe we should be using the horrors of raising a family on seven bucks an hour part of the national consciousness so we can start convincing the stupid people that they should hold off breeding until they afford it.

    They don't need a car. They don't need that plasma TV. They don't need cable, or a cell phone, or even the internet in their trailer. They need to be studying and paying off their bills.
    Who makes minimum wage anymore anyway? Teens? Retired folks? I mean, who are we really talking about here, and how many of them are there?

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Obama declares that it's time to fix health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Who makes minimum wage anymore anyway? Teens? Retired folks? I mean, who are we really talking about here, and how many of them are there?
    Damn if I know. Even the mexican at the El Pollo Loco drive through that can't speak English makes more than that.

    But it's there, none the less. Shouldn't be there, of course, because wages are a private matter between an employer and his hired help. But goonion base rates are set on the min wage, so it's not going away.

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Obama declares that it's time to fix health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Damn if I know. Even the mexican at the El Pollo Loco drive through that can't speak English makes more than that.

    But it's there, none the less. Shouldn't be there, of course, because wages are a private matter between an employer and his hired help. But goonion base rates are set on the min wage, so it's not going away.
    I ask because many local fast food places are hiring and they're starting people out at $7-$7.50, for highschoolers.

  10. #80
    User BaZaRr BeAtZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Communist States of America
    Last Seen
    07-23-09 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    44

    mad Re: Obama declares that it's time to fix health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Shep Dawg View Post
    GREEN BAY, Wis. - Surrounded by supportive citizens in the heartland, President Barack Obama challenged lawmakers back in Washington who criticize his proposed health care overhaul. "What's the alternative?" he said Thursday.


    What is the alternative?
    The answer to that question is simple really. Instead of the government taking pay-offs from the health insurance companies to not regulate laws by which the insurance companies have to abide, ie: monthly premiums, deductibles, costs of dr. visits, costs of medications ect..... , The government should completely due away with the health insurance companies and move towards a uniformed health care system. Many people were led to believe that by doing this it would create all these adverse affects and would downgrade our medical system, when the cold hard fact is that our health care system is already ranked #17 in the world, behind countries such as Canada, France, and even Cuba. A baby born in Somalia has a greater chance of living than a baby born in the States, very sad indeed.

    In France, anytime anyone gets sick or needs medical attention, all they have to do is walk into a hospital and be seen by the dr., and guess what, they don't have to wait in long lines and the quality of their care is not compromised in any way. If they need a medication, no matter the quantity or prescription type, all the citizen has to pay is 6.6 pounds which equates to approximately $10 in US currency.

    Heroes from the 9/11 clean-up efforts who were not employed by the government, but rather volunteered to help save lives, were denied coverage by their insurance companies because they "volunteered" to go down to ground zero to help the rescue efforts. These heroes developed severe lung complications due to the dust and debris while trying to save lives, yet our "great" health care system allowed them to be denied for covered treatment. A few of those same volunteer rescue workers were taken to Guantanamo Bay in Cuba, where they were seen by some of the worlds' most qualified doctors, treated for all of their symptoms, had complete diagnostics ran including x-rays and cat-scans, and they did not have to pay a single penny. An inhaler that one lady needed but could not buy because it costs around $179 here in the states, she got in Cuba for the equivalent of $.03 in US currency.

    A lady living in Detroit MI could not afford medical insurance for her baby girl and medicare and medicaid only covered 1/4 of the high doctor visits and prescription costs. She went across the border into Canada where a friend of her's lives and gave his address as her place of residency, and she had her baby girl not only seen by a doctor within 30 minutes, but did not have to pay anything for the doctor visit and was only charged the equivalent of $6 in US currency for her baby's medication.

    Our government opposed a universal health care system where the government pays the doctors based on how many patients they not only see, but successfully treat, and testimonials from doctors in France, Cuba, and Canada all state that they make more than enough money to live comfortably. Our government opposed the thought of dis-banning the health insurance companies and prescription drug manufacturers because some of the highest government officials were paid off, including Hillary Clinton "who proposed a universal health care reform during Bill Clinton's presidency". Those same government officials led the American people to believe that our health-care is the highest quality in the world and warned that if we had universal health care, the quality of our health-care system would diminish and we would have to wait in long lines just to be seen. However, after researching into foreign country's universal health-care systems, it is quite the opposite. Doctors are motivated to successfully treat as many patients as possible because the more people they help, the more the government pays them. They even get paid in France every time they get a patient to quit smoking.

    A 6 year old girl living in the States went def due to deteriorating ear drums, and even though there was an experimental operation that had successfully allowed 11 other children to hear again, her insurance company only approved the cost to repair one of her ears. After numerous letters sent to the insurance company from the little girl's parents, and threatening to get the news involved, the parents received a phone call stating that they overturned the decision and will cover the expenses for both ears to be repaired.

    Did you know that the American health insurance companies actually have a position in their company's specifically created to find any reason to not pay for operations or other expenses, and to overturn the decisions to cover expenses due to preexisting conditions???

    Another lady living in the States had a brain tumor, and after the insurance company investigated her file they determined that the operation would not be covered because of a preexisting condition. That preexisting condition was a yeast infection. That particular lady passed away before she could get the decision overturned.

    It's a sad country when not only the health insurance companies, but the government as well, profit off of it's citizen's suffering. I would advise everyone who reads this post to do some research of you own regarding the health care systems throughout the world.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •