Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 83

Thread: Obama declares that it's time to fix health care

  1. #31
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Obama declares that it's time to fix health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    Works better then Socialized medicine under the liar Obama.


    Alternative?..get rid of Obama and get a REAL President.
    Until then Leave it Alone. Its not broke.
    Wow....I don't think I've seen as much Denial in one post in the history of this site.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #32
    Educator Shep Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-19-10 @ 10:50 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    911

    Re: Obama declares that it's time to fix health care

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    How do you see health care in the US as "not working"?
    Hey sorry I was at work trying to post and keep up between actually doing my job.

    But to further answer your question,

    -the U.S. ranks around 29th in the world in infant mortality rates.

    -The U.S. ranks around 41st in life expectancy

    - The U.S. health care system ranks around 37th according to W.H.O.

    -The U.S. spends the highest percentage of their GDP on health care costs of any country in the world according to WHO

    Do I need to provide links, or are you aware of these rankings?

    This in addition to what I posted earlier are why I say our current health care system is broken.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch, Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote Benjamin Franklin

    I'm a Tiki Bar Tarte, wanna gnaw on my bone

  3. #33
    Educator Shep Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-19-10 @ 10:50 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    911

    Re: Obama declares that it's time to fix health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Oh, sure! Private health care will always be available for goonion leaders, the Kennedy's, and the Messiah, but not for the people being taxed up the wazoo to pay for it's nationalization.
    You do realize that Kennedy and Obama, along with all members of Congress, the Senate etc. have Gov't provided health care right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    I mean, the first thing that national health care will do is mandate colonoscopies for everyone, just to make sure all the people are aware of what's really happening to them under The Messiah, and to make sure there's no cash hidden up there.
    So your irrational fear of being forced to get a colonoscopy is your reason for not wanting a better health care plan?
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch, Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote Benjamin Franklin

    I'm a Tiki Bar Tarte, wanna gnaw on my bone

  4. #34
    Advisor Don't Tase Me Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    11-22-09 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    446

    Re: Obama declares that it's time to fix health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Shep Dawg View Post
    Thank you for your well thought out and insightful response. This will do what exactly to reform healthcare?
    There is nothing to reform or fix with American health care. We have the best health care in the world already.

  5. #35
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Obama declares that it's time to fix health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Stealing my tax dollars to pay for someone else's medical problems.

    The total and utter lack of Constitutional authority for the Federal Government to be doing ANYTHING remotely like what's being suggested.

    The fact that once they got that camel's nose under the tent, and the government plan starts to fail (inevitable), the they will drag the camel's whole body inside, which is, of course, the real plan. (No, we ain't stupid out here in the sticks)

    The fact that politicians and Democrats in particular are liars.

    The fact that I'm still getting two tax bills from the county for one boat is perfect evidence that government run health care system is going to be a disaster.

    King Drew Medical Center in Los Angeles, with the highest mortality rates in the county, is another example.

    Lots of reason I and everyone else should oppose nationalized medicine.

    Ain't a single good reason for it.
    Your dollars are already being stolen by the health care industry, and that is a very fat camel that is not only in the tent, it is eating the tent. Americans pay more for health care, and get less from it, than anyone in the world, yet people like you defend to the death your right to be robbed. If you cut your hand and had to go to the emergency room to get stitches, first they would ask how you were going to pay for the treatment, then they would make you wait, then they would sew you up. And then my friend, you would get a bill for thousands of dollars, for a job I could probably do myself with a needle and thread. Compare this to, oh, Canada for instance, where an emergency room visit doesn't cost you a dime, and nobody asks how you're going to pay for it.
    I pay over $1000 a month for health care for a family of three. I am being robbed. I welcome change.

  6. #36
    Educator Shep Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-19-10 @ 10:50 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    911

    Re: Obama declares that it's time to fix health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Don't Tase Me Bro View Post
    There is nothing to reform or fix with American health care. We have the best health care in the world already.
    Uhmmm....No we don't. More like 37th, but if you can provide a link to your claim, I would be happy to look at it.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch, Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote Benjamin Franklin

    I'm a Tiki Bar Tarte, wanna gnaw on my bone

  7. #37
    Just Crazy Enough to Work
    Edify_Always_In_All_Ways's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Wilmington, DE
    Last Seen
    01-31-14 @ 03:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,299

    Re: Obama declares that it's time to fix health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Don't Tase Me Bro View Post
    There is nothing to reform or fix with American health care. We have the best health care in the world already.
    By whose standards? Not WHO's standards, that's for sure...

    Sorry, couldn't resist. But seriously, by whose standards other than yours?
    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat
    Heh. Do you realize how many children I'd murder to be immortal and have an army of willing slaves?

  8. #38
    Advisor Don't Tase Me Bro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    11-22-09 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    446

    Re: Obama declares that it's time to fix health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Shep Dawg View Post
    -the U.S. ranks around 29th in the world in infant mortality rates.
    That's because we count every birth, dead or living. A lot of other nations don't count a birth if it is so many weeks premature or not a specific length so if the baby dies it doesn't count against their infant mortality rate. Infant mortality rates are not calculated the same universally so that stat is pretty much meaningless.

    The U.S. ranks around 41st in life expectancy
    Which has jack to do with our health care. It has to do with Americans being fat, lazy slobs who don't eat right, don't exercise, and work considerably more hours and deal with more stress than our European counterparts. This has to do with lifestyle, not the quality of health care. We have best health care in the world which is why people flock here from all over the planet to get treated and not to countries like Britain and France. Got cancer? Your best chances of survival are right here in the U.S. The differences in breast cancer survival rates between here and countries with socialized medicine is staggering.


    The U.S. health care system ranks around 37th according to W.H.O.
    You know how the WHO weights those rankings? 25% of a nation's score is "Financial Fairness" which has nothing to do with the quality of health care. I'm not saying our cost of health care couldn't stand to come down a bit, but you can mostly blame the government for why it's so high. Plus, when you got the best you're going to pay for it. 25% is "Health Level." Again, I already explained why Americans have so many health problems. We don't take care of ourselves and don't lead healthy lifestyles. We work more and deal with more stress. 25% is "Health Distribution" and since we don't have a universal single payer system that counts against us.

    The W.H.O report is a manipulation of numbers from top to bottom and they have their own agenda. Like I said, there's a reason why people come here from all over the world to get their illnesses treated. Why are they all flocking to the country with the "37th" best health care in the world? Think about that.

    The U.S. spends the highest percentage of their GDP on health care costs of any country in the world according to WHO
    That's because of Medicare and Medicaid and SCHIP and all of the state programs and every one else who gets these cadillac health insurance policies from their employers that cover every little cut and bruise you get. There are no market forces to drive the cost down because virtually nobody is paying the true cost. The government is or their insurance company is. What the hell do you care if your monthly prescription costs $100 if you are only paying a $5 copay? And if you want to know who to blame for people being so reliant on employer based health insurance, that would be FDR.

    Have you actually ever read the W.H.O report thoroughly?

  9. #39
    Guru
    DamnYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,015

    Re: Obama declares that it's time to fix health care

    BO is going to fix health care like he fixed the economy. By screwing the middle class.

  10. #40
    Educator Shep Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-19-10 @ 10:50 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    911

    Re: Obama declares that it's time to fix health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Don't Tase Me Bro View Post
    That's because we count every birth, dead or living. A lot of other nations don't count a birth if it is so many weeks premature or not a specific length so if the baby dies it doesn't count against their infant mortality rate. Infant mortality rates are not calculated the same universally so that stat is pretty much meaningless.
    Do you have anything to support your argument? Where does the U.S. rank according to you? Which countries report these items differently to the WHO?



    Quote Originally Posted by Don't Tase Me Bro View Post
    Which has jack to do with our health care. It has to do with Americans being fat, lazy slobs who don't eat right, don't exercise, and work considerably more hours and deal with more stress than our European counterparts. This has to do with lifestyle, not the quality of health care. We have best health care in the world which is why people flock here from all over the planet to get treated and not to countries like Britain and France. Got cancer? Your best chances of survival are right here in the U.S. The differences in breast cancer survival rates between here and countries with socialized medicine is staggering.
    Links? And exactly what do you define as "staggering"? What percentage difference qualifies as staggering? Are you taking into account all the other variables?





    Quote Originally Posted by Don't Tase Me Bro View Post
    You know how the WHO weights those rankings? 25% of a nation's score is "Financial Fairness" which has nothing to do with the quality of health care. I'm not saying our cost of health care couldn't stand to come down a bit, but you can mostly blame the government for why it's so high. Plus, when you got the best you're going to pay for it. 25% is "Health Level." Again, I already explained why Americans have so many health problems. We don't take care of ourselves and don't lead healthy lifestyles. We work more and deal with more stress. 25% is "Health Distribution" and since we don't have a universal single payer system that counts against us.
    What is you formula?


    Quote Originally Posted by Don't Tase Me Bro View Post
    The W.H.O report is a manipulation of numbers from top to bottom and they have their own agenda. Like I said, there's a reason why people come here from all over the world to get their illnesses treated. Why are they all flocking to the country with the "37th" best health care in the world? Think about that.
    I believe our medical care is the best in the world, if you can afford it. The problem is that too many Americans cannot afford it, or even a reasonable facsimile thereof. That's health care, slightly different from medical care.



    Quote Originally Posted by Don't Tase Me Bro View Post
    That's because of Medicare and Medicaid and SCHIP and all of the state programs and every one else who gets these cadillac health insurance policies from their employers that cover every little cut and bruise you get. There are no market forces to drive the cost down because virtually nobody is paying the true cost. The government is or their insurance company is. What the hell do you care if your monthly prescription costs $100 if you are only paying a $5 copay? And if you want to know who to blame for people being so reliant on employer based health insurance, that would be FDR.
    I'm the employer paying close to $15 a month in health insurance premiums for my employees to be able to afford to go to the doctor.





    Quote Originally Posted by Don't Tase Me Bro View Post
    Have you actually ever read the W.H.O report thoroughly?
    No. Have you? Again, please show some data to support your claims. I'm not saying you're wrong, anythings possible. But at this point I'm inclined to go with the opinion of the W.H.O. over your opinion. No offense.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch, Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote Benjamin Franklin

    I'm a Tiki Bar Tarte, wanna gnaw on my bone

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •