Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 83

Thread: Obama declares that it's time to fix health care

  1. #21
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Obama declares that it's time to fix health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Shep Dawg View Post
    Sky rocketing health care costs, and mass reductions in coverage. Millions of working Americans uninsured. Too many end up in the Gov't system anyway. Only difference is we're then paying for their health care.
    So your solution is to move everyone to the "government system", which even in your standard is less desirable than private insurance?

    What do you accomplish but making everyone equally miserable?

  2. #22
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-23-17 @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,429
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama declares that it's time to fix health care

    What would benefit President Obama's healthcare reform agenda, is if he could prove his ideas would work, by fixing Medicare/Medicaid issues first.
    "Loyalty only matters when there's a hundred reasons not to be-" Gen. Mattis

  3. #23
    Educator Shep Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-19-10 @ 10:50 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    911

    Re: Obama declares that it's time to fix health care

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    So your solution is to move everyone to the "government system", which even in your standard is less desirable than private insurance?

    What do you accomplish but making everyone equally miserable?
    I haven't offered any solution. I am asking what is a better alternative? But do you at least now agree that the current system is broken?
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch, Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote Benjamin Franklin

    I'm a Tiki Bar Tarte, wanna gnaw on my bone

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Obama declares that it's time to fix health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Shep Dawg View Post
    Sky rocketing health care costs, and mass reductions in coverage.
    Millions of working Americans uninsured.
    Too many end up in the Gov't system anyway.
    Only difference is we're then paying for their health care.
    Its expensive that is not broke.
    43-63 million right..out of 350 million. Again cost is the issue not insurance itself.
    ..and want out of it. Why would those who haven't ended up in that situation not chosen to end up in it???..der..
    So lets pay for everyones?


    Obama's socialized government board and czars BS is stupid.
    Medicare is a problem because its running out of money
    (btw that's the government healthcare....) ..fix that..don't f up the whole system in an anti-capitalist/anti-choice/IMO unAmerican intrusion by the Federal Government into something they should not be involved in past emergency functions.

    Pills/etc..start trying to lower costs..how I dunno...but without taking over companies using "stimulus money to apply czars over them.

    Whats the alternative?
    Whatever is within the bounds of the Constitution that does not have the federal Government running Healthcare in this nation. Especially in this manner.
    Whatever that may be it won't be Obamanism. He'll probably end up trying to claim credit for a massively different and probably as usual irrelevant action after alot of political fighting..ObamaCare though is already getting guffawed. America shut down Hillary in a similar manner.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Obama declares that it's time to fix health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post


    Like private health care will just cease to exist....
    Oh, sure! Private health care will always be available for goonion leaders, the Kennedy's, and the Messiah, but not for the people being taxed up the wazoo to pay for it's nationalization.

    I mean, the first thing that national health care will do is mandate colonoscopies for everyone, just to make sure all the people are aware of what's really happening to them under The Messiah, and to make sure there's no cash hidden up there.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Obama declares that it's time to fix health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Shep Dawg View Post
    But do you at least now agree that the current system is broken?
    My healthcare plan works just fine, so clearly nothing's broken that matters to me.

    That's all that counts.

  7. #27
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Obama declares that it's time to fix health care

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    So your solution is to move everyone to the "government system", which even in your standard is less desirable than private insurance?

    What do you accomplish but making everyone equally miserable?
    There is no "government system" suggested, only an alternative that will support the existing system. If you like the health care you have, no one will try to change it. What's the problem?

  8. #28
    Guru
    BWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Obama declares that it's time to fix health care

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    What would benefit President Obama's healthcare reform agenda, is if he could prove his ideas would work, by fixing Medicare/Medicaid issues first.
    I agree.

    Getting rid of of the Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement and Modernization Act of 2003 (MMA) and the Medicare Advantage plans that funnel public funds directly to private insurance and drug companies would be a big step in the right direction.
    “We just simply don’t know how to govern” - Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR) a member of the House Budget Committee

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Obama declares that it's time to fix health care

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    There is no "government system" suggested, only an alternative that will support the existing system. If you like the health care you have, no one will try to change it. What's the problem?
    Stealing my tax dollars to pay for someone else's medical problems.

    The total and utter lack of Constitutional authority for the Federal Government to be doing ANYTHING remotely like what's being suggested.

    The fact that once they got that camel's nose under the tent, and the government plan starts to fail (inevitable), the they will drag the camel's whole body inside, which is, of course, the real plan. (No, we ain't stupid out here in the sticks)

    The fact that politicians and Democrats in particular are liars.

    The fact that I'm still getting two tax bills from the county for one boat is perfect evidence that government run health care system is going to be a disaster.

    King Drew Medical Center in Los Angeles, with the highest mortality rates in the county, is another example.

    Lots of reason I and everyone else should oppose nationalized medicine.

    Ain't a single good reason for it.

  10. #30
    Educator Shep Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-19-10 @ 10:50 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    911

    Re: Obama declares that it's time to fix health care

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Since too much government broke health care, why are people expectantly awaiting even more government to fix it?

    The alternative is less government, of course.

    Not to mention the fact that The Messiah is a sudden convert to the Pay-As-You-Go notion of government, and he's planning on nationalizing 14% of a 15T dollar economy in one swoop, which means The Messiah will have to raise 2.1T dollars in taxes the year he does it.
    How in your opinion did Government break health care?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    My healthcare plan works just fine, so clearly nothing's broken that matters to me.

    That's all that counts.
    I'm sorry Scarecrow Akhbar, but you seem to be a little at odds with ......

    well you.

    First you blame Gov't for the reason health care is broken.

    Then you claim it's not broken at all.
    Last edited by Shep Dawg; 06-11-09 at 10:27 PM.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch, Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote Benjamin Franklin

    I'm a Tiki Bar Tarte, wanna gnaw on my bone

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •