Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 352

Thread: Carrie Prejean Stripped Of Miss California Title

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Carrie Prejean Stripped Of Miss California Title

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    She broke the contract...
    You're making an assumption with no evidence.

  2. #72
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Carrie Prejean Stripped Of Miss California Title

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    You're making an assumption with no evidence.
    True and i will take it back if i am wrong.
    I admit i do not keep up to date with the ex [?] Miss California ...


  3. #73
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,940

    Re: Carrie Prejean Stripped Of Miss California Title

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Oh really?

    Oh really?
    Yes really.

    When it seemed it was definitive she failed at meeting her duties Jall thought the attacks on her were crappy, but its right for her to lose her crown.

    When news came out that disputes the definite nature of her failing to meet those duties it "changes things" because now there is not a definitive answer if she was actually failing to meet her duties or not and thus he can't automatically support the taking of her crown.

    But i mean, that'd take actual intellectually honest debate to have read his posts and got what he meant so I understand the confusion.

  4. #74
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,129

    Re: Carrie Prejean Stripped Of Miss California Title

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Yes really.

    When it seemed it was definitive she failed at meeting her duties Jall thought the attacks on her were crappy, but its right for her to lose her crown.

    When news came out that disputes the definite nature of her failing to meet those duties it "changes things" because now there is not a definitive answer if she was actually failing to meet her duties or not and thus he can't automatically support the taking of her crown.

    But i mean, that'd take actual intellectually honest debate to have read his posts and got what he meant so I understand the confusion.
    Zyph....you are correct. Going back to page 1 of this topic, I did notice Jall's original statement that if she wasn't adhering to her contract than she should get canned.....it got lost on me 8 pages in.

    Reviewing it and putting it into context....I see now that I did misattribute Jallman's position.

    I admit I was wrong here...and apologize to Jallman as well.


    I do still believe that although some of the attacks on Ms. Prejean went a little overboard, overall, she brought a lot of this on herself and I believe fully that she is milking everything she can out of this to keep herself in the limelight.
    I also believe that when all is said and done...her firing will be determined to have been justified....but we'll have to see how it plays out.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #75
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Carrie Prejean Stripped Of Miss California Title

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Zyph....you are correct. Going back to page 1 of this topic, I did notice Jall's original statement that if she wasn't adhering to her contract than she should get canned.....it got lost on me 8 pages in.

    Reviewing it and putting it into context....I see now that I did misattribute Jallman's position.

    I admit I was wrong here...and apologize to Jallman as well.


    I do still believe that although some of the attacks on Ms. Prejean went a little overboard, overall, she brought a lot of this on herself and I believe fully that she is milking everything she can out of this to keep herself in the limelight.
    I also believe that when all is said and done...her firing will be determined to have been justified....but we'll have to see how it plays out.
    Wow, one of the few people on this forum willing to admit that they made a mistake.

    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  6. #76
    Rockin' In The Free World
    the makeout hobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Last Seen
    04-24-14 @ 06:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    7,102

    Re: Carrie Prejean Stripped Of Miss California Title

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    It's meant the same way as a straight person calling a faggot a faggot is meant.
    I've always understood faggot to degrade all male homosexuals equally, solely because of their orientation. I'm assuming you're not some sort of self-hating homosexual, so please explain to me how straight people mean it in your mind... I'm fairly confused here.
    The Makeout Hobo is real, and does indeed travel around the country in his van and make out with ladies... If you meet the Makeout Hobo, it is customary to greet him with a shot of whiskey and a high five (if you are a dude) or passionate makeouts (if you are a lady).

  7. #77
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Carrie Prejean Stripped Of Miss California Title

    Quote Originally Posted by the makeout hobo View Post
    I've always understood faggot to degrade all male homosexuals equally, solely because of their orientation. I'm assuming you're not some sort of self-hating homosexual, so please explain to me how straight people mean it in your mind... I'm fairly confused here.
    I've called friends "fags" before as if it were an insult on par with "douche" or "loser". Just something to heckle them with, not intended to degrade homosexuals.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Carrie Prejean Stripped Of Miss California Title

    Quote Originally Posted by the makeout hobo View Post
    I've always understood faggot to degrade all male homosexuals equally, solely because of their orientation. I'm assuming you're not some sort of self-hating homosexual, so please explain to me how straight people mean it in your mind... I'm fairly confused here.
    When you are a gay man, you can see a very clear distinction between a gay man and a faggot. Here, let me show you:



    Gay man




    Grungy little faggot

    See the difference?

  9. #79
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Carrie Prejean Stripped Of Miss California Title

    What the little gay hating bitch gets!
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: Carrie Prejean Stripped Of Miss California Title

    We need a breaking news subforum for all this tabloid nonsense.

Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •