Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Obama tells Congress to watch its spending?

  1. #1
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,026

    Obama tells Congress to watch its spending?

    UPDATE 1-Obama seeks fiscal responsibility mantle | Deals | Regulatory News | Reuters

    You have got to be kidding. The man spends a trillion dollars, then he has the outright nerve to warn Congress to watch its spending?

    This is like some B horror movie. Are their really people left who take this knucklehead seriously?

  2. #2
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama tells Congress to watch its spending?

    So you don't want congress to watch it's spending? Or are you just starting another partisan hack thread to whine a bit more about President Obama?

  3. #3
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: Obama tells Congress to watch its spending?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So you don't want congress to watch it's spending? Or are you just starting another partisan hack thread to whine a bit more about President Obama?
    I think the point he is making is that Obama is full of hot air, Just like Bush was. Bush was saying the same crap while he was in office, while spending like a drunken sailor. At that time Democrats were all over him. I believe they also have an obligation to hold Obama responsible too. Whether a president has a D or an R by his name should not matter. Bush is no longer in office, so I expect people to hold Obama to the same standard they held Bush to.
    Last edited by danarhea; 06-09-09 at 07:13 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Obama tells Congress to watch its spending?

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    UPDATE 1-Obama seeks fiscal responsibility mantle | Deals | Regulatory News | Reuters

    You have got to be kidding. The man spends a trillion dollars, then he has the outright nerve to warn Congress to watch its spending?

    This is like some B horror movie. Are their really people left who take this knucklehead seriously?
    ...<snicker>.......um....Mr.President....<snicker>.....<snort>......Mr. President i would...<snicker>....I would like to introduce you to Mr.Kettle......
    Last edited by Jerry; 06-09-09 at 07:17 PM.

  5. #5
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama tells Congress to watch its spending?

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I think the point he is making is that Obama is full of hot air, Just like Bush was. Bush was saying the same crap while he was in office, while spending like a drunken sailor. At that time Democrats were all over him. I believe they also have an obligation to hold Obama responsible too. Whether a president has a D or an R by his name should not matter. Bush is no longer in office, so I expect people to hold Obama to the same standard they held Bush to.
    The spending Obama has done he felt was needed to get the economy fixed(note: I am not saying it was, only that he believed it). Now that that is done, spending does have to be controlled, and reduced soon. If it turns out that the spending Obama has done helps the economy, and he does control and reduce spending, then all this could be a positive. At this point in time, no one knows for sure, and it's all guesswork.

    If President Obama had done nothing for the economy when he came into office, most of the same people bitching about what he did would be bitching he had not spent a trillion dollars fixing the economy. Twenty threads a day bitching about the same trivial crap gets old.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Obama tells Congress to watch its spending?

    Obama contends that much of the budget deficit was inherited from the Bush administration, which presided over a shift from record surpluses to huge increases in the deficit fueled by the financial crisis and spending for the Iraq war.
    There were no surpluses in any of the administrations immediately preceding Boy Bushy, so clearly this article is totally flawed.

    "The reckless fiscal policies of the past have left us in a very deep hole," Obama said. "Digging our way out will take time and patience and tough choices."
    Well, February 2009 is in the "past" so I guess it can't be said The Messiah is telling a whopper here. Not even an angry one.
    Last edited by Scarecrow Akhbar; 06-09-09 at 07:23 PM.

  7. #7
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,026

    Re: Obama tells Congress to watch its spending?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The spending Obama has done he felt was needed to get the economy fixed(note: I am not saying it was, only that he believed it). Now that that is done, spending does have to be controlled, and reduced soon. If it turns out that the spending Obama has done helps the economy, and he does control and reduce spending, then all this could be a positive. At this point in time, no one knows for sure, and it's all guesswork.

    If President Obama had done nothing for the economy when he came into office, most of the same people bitching about what he did would be bitching he had not spent a trillion dollars fixing the economy. Twenty threads a day bitching about the same trivial crap gets old.
    Problem is, he's merely posturing just before he asks for another trillion for nationalized healthcare. That is what is truly getting old.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Obama tells Congress to watch its spending?

    Pay as you go.

    What a wonderful idear.

    Let's see....The Messiah wants to waste 1.8 trillion dollars this year on a fake stimulus and other nonsense. So he has to raise taxes this year by 1.8 trillion dollars.

    That's what The Messiah means, ain't it?

    Who's he gonna rob...er tax, to get the moolah?

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Obama tells Congress to watch its spending?

    Obama is like a Vampire... whittling his own stake.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: Obama tells Congress to watch its spending?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    ...<snicker>.......um....Mr.President....<snicker>.....<snort>......Mr. President i would...<snicker>....I would like to introduce you to Mr.Kettle......
    That is way to funny Jerry :

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •