Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 147

Thread: BNP leader pelted in egg protest

  1. #21
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: BNP leader pelted in egg protest

    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    Throwing Eggs crosses the line. I fully support protesting jackasses like the BNP but suppressing speech with violence is not acceptable. Let him speak his nonsense, and than verbally attack him.
    Sorry i disagree. These guys are a bunch of racist idiots. Though i totally respect there right to free speech, if its motivated by racism and hatred for other minorities in the UK, then i think it should be met with such treatment, and in most cases, supressed, the way they intend to supress the rights of non-whites and the free speech of everybody else.

    To be honest, this incident makes me feel alot better about this country.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  2. #22
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-29-17 @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,684

    Re: BNP leader pelted in egg protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Actually, you are mistaken here. Unless they had actually committed a crime, simply BEING a pedophile (someone who is sexually attracted to children) is NOT a crime. It's a mental disorder.

    This idea that people should be ARRESTED for having unpopular or even ugly opinions is simply frightening and absurd, to this American, at least.
    True but if they were in private getting up to their pedophile activity they would be arrested. That is the situation with the BNP.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: BNP leader pelted in egg protest

    Quote Originally Posted by alexa View Post
    True but if they were in private getting up to their pedophile activity they would be arrested. That is the situation with the BNP.
    The BNP is molesting children? Or they are racists? The one is illegal, the other shouldn't be.

  4. #24
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-29-17 @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,684

    Re: BNP leader pelted in egg protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I find this far more disturbing than his views. This is one way in which America is still preferable to the UK. We allow our racists to make themselves publicly ridiculous, without arresting them. And, personally, I have fewer problems with a loud racist than I do with a government deciding what speech is acceptable, and what isn't.
    Maybe, maybe not. However it is absolutely true that changes in laws around 2000/2001 which they had to change their speech for has been an enormous advantage to them. They have changed the way they talk and as such they are not speaking the truth and it appears have fooled some people - others may just have wanted to be fooled.

    It was their instructions on this that I was trying to find.

  5. #25
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: BNP leader pelted in egg protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    The BNP is molesting children? Or they are racists? The one is illegal, the other shouldn't be.
    Racism shouldnt be illegal?
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  6. #26
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-29-17 @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,684

    Re: BNP leader pelted in egg protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    The BNP is molesting children? Or they are racists? The one is illegal, the other shouldn't be.
    What they do in their own private time I do not know. However I was using it as a metaphor. You know that.

    As I have already said in the UK we do have laws against racism, holocaust denial and incitement to violence.
    Last edited by alexa; 06-09-09 at 12:27 PM.

  7. #27
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,755

    Re: BNP leader pelted in egg protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Protect yourself using your own damn money Griffin. Maybe get some of your Nazi friends to surround you

    I'll admit i'm amused as hell by this.
    I am amused too, but not because the guy got pelted with eggs. I am amused because I can now tell Brits how much superior America is to England, and gloat about it. Over here, even complete assholes have freedom of speech.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  8. #28
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: BNP leader pelted in egg protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I find this far more disturbing than his views. This is one way in which America is still preferable to the UK. We allow our racists to make themselves publicly ridiculous, without arresting them. And, personally, I have fewer problems with a loud racist than I do with a government deciding what speech is acceptable, and what isn't.
    Tough to differentiate between the extreme left and the extreme right, sometimes, isn't it?
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: BNP leader pelted in egg protest

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Racism shouldnt be illegal?
    No, I don't believe it should. It's idiotic, but not illegal, in the U.S. A racist ACT might be illegal, but racist thoughts, speech, etc., aren't.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: BNP leader pelted in egg protest

    Quote Originally Posted by alexa View Post
    What they do in their own private time I do not know. However I was using it as a metaphor. You know that.

    As I have already said in the UK we do have laws against racism, holocaust denial and incitement to violence.
    I think those are stupid laws, even stupider than pelting people with eggs to silence them, frankly.

    The idea of prohibiting free speech for some politically correct notion is morally repugnant to me.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •