Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 65

Thread: Tiller Suspect: More Violence Possible

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Tiller Suspect: More Violence Possible

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    The point is this is just a few extremists and I find it disturbing my some of my former allies in the debates on whether Islamic extremists mean the entire ancient Islamic and Arab cultures is evil are so quick to embrace the mentality of their opponents in those discussions when it suits them.
    When I said what I said, I was acknowledging the level of stupidity in the general public, and the tendency to polarize based on exactly what you just said. I, personally, obviously know that these extremists don't represent all pro-lifers (even though they claim to), but the vast majority who aren't as into politics as I am are going to make the issue black and white.

    What the 9-11 terrorists did for Islam is what Tiller's murderer did for the pro-lifers: turn everyone else against them.

  2. #52
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Tiller Suspect: More Violence Possible

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    Seems like the same illogical logic would apply..If you can't beat them murder them. With support.
    You make absolutely no sense with this.

  3. #53
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Tiller Suspect: More Violence Possible

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    You make absolutely no sense with this.
    It makes sense in that it doesn't make sense. Kinda like illogical logic.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: Tiller Suspect: More Violence Possible

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    You make absolutely no sense with this.
    Does it make sense to morally justify murdering people who are conducting their lives with the bounderies of the law?

    If people are going to morally justify murder in this case because they cannot live their lives without force feeding their morals down everybodies throats then what's going to keep them from doing the same thing reguarding gay marriage?

  5. #55
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Tiller Suspect: More Violence Possible

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    Does it make sense to morally justify murdering people who are conducting their lives with the bounderies of the law?

    If people are going to morally justify murder in this case because they cannot live their lives without force feeding their morals down everybodies throats then what's going to keep them from doing the same thing reguarding gay marriage?
    Um...maybe because they don't view gay marriage as murder like they do with abortion?

    I don't agree with pro-lifers, but I can't see even a remote similarity between this issue and gay marriage.
    Last edited by Dr_Patrick; 06-08-09 at 01:55 AM.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: Tiller Suspect: More Violence Possible

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Um...maybe because they don't view gay marriage as murder like they do with abortion?

    I don't agree with pro-lifers, but I can't see even a remote similarity between this issue and gay marriage.
    The similarities are in both issues you have one side trying to impose their moral views upon the will of supposed free people who want nothing to do with those single minded moral views. Once gay marriage is allowed nation wide are they not going to still try to force their views and moral values down the throats of people who want nothing to do with their moral views just like the abortion issue? Murdering people to get their point across is not so far fetched.
    Last edited by goldendog; 06-08-09 at 02:24 AM.

  7. #57
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,025

    Re: Tiller Suspect: More Violence Possible

    goldendog.

    Stop.

    Seriously.

    For the sake of liberalism.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #58
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Tiller Suspect: More Violence Possible

    Breaking: Idiot says idiotic ****.

    Why give this guy attention?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  9. #59
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Tiller Suspect: More Violence Possible

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    When I said what I said, I was acknowledging the level of stupidity in the general public, and the tendency to polarize based on exactly what you just said. I, personally, obviously know that these extremists don't represent all pro-lifers (even though they claim to), but the vast majority who aren't as into politics as I am are going to make the issue black and white.
    I doubt that actually. If one is talking about Americans, at least. The issue isn't some misunderstood other for them it is about issues which are rife in American politics and I just doubt that it will turn many against the pro-life movement who weren't already.

    In say Britain it might be a little more like that and obviously the Brussels broadcasting corporation and the Graudian are trying to make it so but I doubt it will have the same kind of relevance.

    None of this of course changes the fact that both linkages are not legitimate; Islam/Arabs or the pro-life movement with a few extremists in each.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  10. #60
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Tiller Suspect: More Violence Possible

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I thought the topic was the turning of a blind eye to terrorists within their organization by the anti abortion forces.
    That was not the sub-topic me and goldendog were discussing. Perhaps it wasn't even technically on topic but the discussion we were directly having was what I said. So I'm not sure what your point is?

    The pro-life movement isn't some kind of conspiracy like "organisation" by the way.
    Last edited by Wessexman; 06-08-09 at 03:31 AM.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •