Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 65

Thread: Tiller Suspect: More Violence Possible

  1. #21
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Tiller Suspect: More Violence Possible

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Interestingly, I am not taking a stand about Tiller. About the closest to a stand is to say that if you don't like what some one is legally doing, then change the laws.
    Indeed, although that doesn't mean he wasn't a monster(I'm not saying he was, just he could have been.).

    The pure out terrorism against people doing their legally allowed work is something I do not like.
    Me neither, although I think one should be careful about inflating the word terrorist. Everyone's a terrorist these days in some quarters.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  2. #22
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Tiller Suspect: More Violence Possible

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    Indeed, although that doesn't mean he wasn't a monster(I'm not saying he was, just he could have been.).

    Me neither, although I think one should be careful about inflating the word terrorist. Everyone's a terrorist these days in some quarters.
    Read a bit more on what all has been done. Buildings bombed, people killed, assaults, intimidation, harassment, threats. I don't think that is inflating the term. What would you call a group of people who use terror and intimidation to advance a political agenda?

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: Tiller Suspect: More Violence Possible

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    Oh?



    So you support torturing Roeder because of a threat to abortion clinics, but when national security is at issue it is a stain on the country.

    Lovely double standard there.
    No did I say that? He's just lucky he didn't make these kind of threatening statements a year or so ago or some igit might have tortured him.

  4. #24
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Tiller Suspect: More Violence Possible

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Read a bit more on what all has been done. Buildings bombed, people killed, assaults, intimidation, harassment, threats. I don't think that is inflating the term. What would you call a group of people who use terror and intimidation to advance a political agenda?
    No doubt a few in the extreme wing could be classed as terrorists but I'm reluctant to use that term for them as I was for the pirates. I don't much like the war on terror mentality and just feel it inadvisable. This is separate to this particular topic.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  5. #25
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Tiller Suspect: More Violence Possible

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    No did I say that?
    You did indeed say that.

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    "I know there are many other similar events planned around the country as long as abortion remains legal," Roeder said."

    It sounds like it's time to dust off the old waterboard..

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Tiller Suspect: More Violence Possible

    If any of the extremists from the pro-abortion crowd want to make a foolish and immoral suicide run towards alienating everyone in America, I say let them. It's only helping pro-choicers look more sane, which we are to begin with.

  7. #27
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Tiller Suspect: More Violence Possible

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    If any of the extremists from the pro-abortion crowd want to make a foolish and immoral suicide run towards alienating everyone in America, I say let them. It's only helping pro-choicers look more sane, which we are to begin with.
    That's not how you spell degraded.

    The point is this is just a few extremists and I find it disturbing my some of my former allies in the debates on whether Islamic extremists mean the entire ancient Islamic and Arab cultures is evil are so quick to embrace the mentality of their opponents in those discussions when it suits them.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Tiller Suspect: More Violence Possible

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    Again although Tiller should not have been murdered I do find him and his late-term abortions a very strange place for pro-legal abortionists to take their stand.
    the reason why many liberals take this stand is because ANY unpopular law could be taken to extremes if this is allowed to be sanctioned.

    Like I mentioned before, if someone doesn't agree with a law, those that agree with Tiller's murder could be seen as catalyst for enacting violence against ANY law that is not agreed upon.

    So should violent acts against a law be considered justified?

    What about marijuana activists, gay marriage activists, polygamist activist, etc. Should violent acts against the law be rewarded simply because they are violent?

    There is a difference between protests and violent acts.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: Tiller Suspect: More Violence Possible

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    You did indeed say that.
    Funny how people who support torturing people who showed no aggression towards our country what so ever. Many were, Yet you have a fool like this that make outwards threats towards our citizens and he is coddled and protected by the same people who outwardly supported torturing innocent people who knew nothing of any threats.

    Getting reamed by some bubba in prison for life is enough torture as far as i'm concerned.

  10. #30
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Tiller Suspect: More Violence Possible

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    the reason why many liberals take this stand is because ANY unpopular law could be taken to extremes if this is allowed to be sanctioned.

    Like I mentioned before, if someone doesn't agree with a law, those that agree with Tiller's murder could be seen as catalyst for enacting violence against ANY law that is not agreed upon.

    So should violent acts against a law be considered justified?

    What about marijuana activists, gay marriage activists, polygamist activist, etc. Should violent acts against the law be rewarded simply because they are violent?

    There is a difference between protests and violent acts.
    This is a strawman. I see no one sanctioning it here to my knowledge. The stand some seem to be taking is that of not seeming to condemn Tiller if he was performing late-term abortions when the mother was not in serious danger.

    Some like jallman have been more sensible however.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •