Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 107

Thread: West Bank teen arrested in rape and murder of 8-month-old

  1. #41
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: West Bank teen arrested in rape and murder of 8-month-old

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Mhmm, I edited as soon as I posted.

    You should give people more than 3 seconds before you respond
    Quickest post in the West....
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: West Bank teen arrested in rape and murder of 8-month-old

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Someone said that they thought he was brave in that thread (if that is what you are referencing). You are generalizing that pro-choice people see the man as a hero, and I'm willing to wager that if he was seen as a hero it is only by a small minority. I don't see him as a hero nor do I agree with his practices, but I certainly don't think he deserved to be murdered.
    Well, 1: Pro-Choice has been trying to defend Tiller since the shooting by repeatedly painting Pro-Life as militant radicals.

    2: Yes he did deserve to be murdered, but by the state, not a random gunman.

  3. #43
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: West Bank teen arrested in rape and murder of 8-month-old

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    2: Yes he did deserve to be murdered, but by the state, not a random gunman.
    Again, I find this amusing. You call for the ending of human life, yet fight to protect the unborn.

    Quick question: would Jesus have killed Tiller?
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  4. #44
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: West Bank teen arrested in rape and murder of 8-month-old

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Well, 1: Pro-Choice has been trying to defend Tiller since the shooting by repeatedly painting Pro-Life as militant radicals.
    I don't think all pro-lifers are, but there are certainly more extremist and militant factions of the pro-life movement.

    2: Yes he did deserve to be murdered, but by the state, not a random gunman.
    Perhaps you should wait until your views are legislated before you call the man a murderer, when he clearly wasn't according to the law. You claim that pro-lifers aren't militant radicals, yet here you are advocating the man's murder by the state as if he did something illegal. If you don't like the way the law's are write to your Congressman.

  5. #45
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: West Bank teen arrested in rape and murder of 8-month-old

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    So, by your logic, if a 5-year-old gets his hands on a pistol on the playground and shoots another kid, he should get the death penalty? "Old enough to do the crime, old enough to do the time", right?
    A 5 year picking up a gun off the playground and randomly shooting someone with something he thinks is a toy is involuntary manslaughter.This would probably fall under constructive manslaughter It occurs while someone kills without the intent of killing while engaging in an unlawful act. This would probably be a misdemeanor. Which is 6 months or less in jail not a execution.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  6. #46
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: West Bank teen arrested in rape and murder of 8-month-old

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Again, I find this amusing. You call for the ending of human life, yet fight to protect the unborn.
    The life of the guilty and the life of the innocent are two different things.

    Quick question: would Jesus have killed Tiller?
    You are aware Jesus chased out money changers out of a temple with a whip? He may have at least drove him away from the church he was attending, he may have made Tiller stop his practice of killing children or he may have felt that Tiller was so despicable that he may have killed him. Its hard to tell since Jesus never encountered such a person.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: West Bank teen arrested in rape and murder of 8-month-old

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Again, I find this amusing. You call for the ending of human life, yet fight to protect the unborn.
    In both cases I support their right to due process

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Quick question: would Jesus have killed Tiller?
    You are not a Cristian authority to even ask, so I'm going to dismiss your question with "I could care less what Jesus would've don"
    Last edited by Jerry; 06-08-09 at 12:13 PM.

  8. #48
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: West Bank teen arrested in rape and murder of 8-month-old

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Well, 1: Pro-Choice has been trying to defend Tiller since the shooting by repeatedly painting Pro-Life as militant radicals.
    Even some people who claim to be anti-abortion on the belief that "fetuses" inside the womb are children have jumped on the abortionist band wagon by labling Tiller the Baby Killer killer's a militant radical. Some have even called the man a terrorist.
    2: Yes he did deserve to be murdered, but by the state, not a random gunman.
    Execution is legal and therefore not murder. Abortionist should know this since many of them like to remind pro-lifers/anti-abortionist that since abortion is legal it is not murder.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  9. #49
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: West Bank teen arrested in rape and murder of 8-month-old

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    The life of the guilty and the life of the innocent are two different things.
    Sure they are. But both are living creatures. To extinguish the life of a killer is to be a hypocrite.

    You are aware Jesus chased out money changers out of a temple with a whip? He may have at least drove him away from the church he was attending, he may have made Tiller stop his practice of killing children or he may have felt that Tiller was so despicable that he may have killed him. Its hard to tell since Jesus never encountered such a person.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  10. #50
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: West Bank teen arrested in rape and murder of 8-month-old

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    In both cases I support their right to due process
    In both cases I support their right to live.

    You are not a Cristian authority to even ask, so I'm going to dismiss your question with "I could care less what Jesus would've don"
    I am aware that I'm not a "Cristian authority". That's why I asked you, yet you deflect.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •