Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread: Russia accuses Poland of starting Second World War

  1. #11
    wʜɪтe яussɪaи Tashah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    ישראל אמריקה
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,379

    Re: Russia accuses Poland of starting Second World War

    The Nazis started World War II by deception. The Hitlerian regime correctly assessed that Poland would never initiate hostilities, so they manufactured a phony incident on the German/Polish border in the guise of a German radio station attacked by Poles. This subterfuge is well documented by historians.

    אשכנזי היהודי Белый Россию

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Russia accuses Poland of starting Second World War

    Medenev is Putins Sock puppet.
    He is merely a filler loyal to and chosen by Putin.
    Putin makes policy .. Medenev voices it.
    Putin will run Russia for the remainder of his natural life if he so choses...he's very popular and IMO more comparable to a leader in the 30's then anyone in power anywhere else.
    He's very smart, extremely nationalistic, popular, militaristic, controlled, and dangerous in his ambitions.
    I think he will take Russia to seizing back as much of the Ukraine as he can.. by war if necessary.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Russia accuses Poland of starting Second World War

    Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    The Second World War started when France and the United Kingdom declared War on Germany because Germany declared war on Poland.
    WWII started because Germany crossed an international border with troops.

    Hitler started the war. Don't know why people on the left want to argue otherwise. (Actually, it's perfectly transparent, but they need to retain at least a shred of their illusion of self-respect.)

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Russia accuses Poland of starting Second World War

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    how about we criticize President Obama for real issues instaead of coming up with fantastic make beliieve.
    How about if I post what I beleive is relevant and you cry about it?

  5. #15
    Just Crazy Enough to Work
    Edify_Always_In_All_Ways's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Wilmington, DE
    Last Seen
    01-31-14 @ 03:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,299

    Re: Russia accuses Poland of starting Second World War

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    WWII started because Germany crossed an international border with troops.

    Hitler started the war. Don't know why people on the left want to argue otherwise. (Actually, it's perfectly transparent, but they need to retain at least a shred of their illusion of self-respect.)
    The left? Triad seems pretty conservative to me, and he's the only person I ever heard make that argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat
    Heh. Do you realize how many children I'd murder to be immortal and have an army of willing slaves?

  6. #16
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Russia accuses Poland of starting Second World War

    Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    The Second World War started when France and the United Kingdom declared War on Germany because Germany declared war on Poland.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    WWII started because Germany crossed an international border with troops. Hitler started the war.
    Well, see, it wasn't a WORLD war when Hitler invaded Poland intent on killing all the Poles. It became a WORLD war when other nations got involved.


  7. #17
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Russia accuses Poland of starting Second World War

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    WWII started because Germany crossed an international border with troops.
    That is not technically true. WW2 started when France and UK declared war on Germany. The actual German attack on Poland was not the actual "start" per say. When Germany attacked Poland it was a conflict between those 2. When France and the UK declared war on Germany for doing so, then it became WW2.

    Hitler started the war. Don't know why people on the left want to argue otherwise. (Actually, it's perfectly transparent, but they need to retain at least a shred of their illusion of self-respect.)
    LOL this coming from the side of the political spectrum that denies the holocaust.. yea right.

    One can debate the technicalities of the start of the war, but no one on the left are denying that Germany were the root cause of WW2.

    As for the article in the OP. I agree with it up to a point. He is very correct in that Poland did have "delusions of grandeur" because of the French and British backing. Even today that same "delusions of grandeur" has brought Poland into trouble which is probaly his real motivation by the essay.

    That in turn did mean that they were willing to not bend to the German demands. This in turn meant that Germany attacked Poland and so on. If there had been no French and British backing then I doubt that Poland would have done what it did, unless they were totally brain dead.

    But where I disagree with the Russian is his assessment that the German demands were "reasonable". But that is a whole other debate, but there is no denying that the country that ultimately started the aggressive actions was Germany and that lead to the declaration of war by France and the UK which then started WW2.
    PeteEU

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Russia accuses Poland of starting Second World War

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    WWII started because Germany crossed an international border with troops.

    Hitler started the war. Don't know why people on the left want to argue otherwise. (Actually, it's perfectly transparent, but they need to retain at least a shred of their illusion of self-respect.)
    September 1 1939..Germany invades and Declares war on Poland. UK and France condemn demand withdraw in 72 hours.

    3 later the UK and then France Declared War on Germany after giving them those 3 days to withdraw all troops from Poland.

    Hitler was shocked they had declared war asking Ribbentrop after a brief moment of rather stunned silence on learning the UK had declared war.."what now?"

    Learn your history. Or be like Glinda..ignorant.



    1939: Britain and France declare war on Germany
    Britain and France are at war with Germany following the invasion of Poland two days ago.

    At 1115 BST the Prime Minister, Neville Chamberlain, announced the British deadline for the withdrawal of German troops from Poland had expired.

    He said the British ambassador to Berlin had handed a final note to the German government this morning saying unless it announced plans to withdraw from Poland by 1100, a state of war would exist between the two countries.

    Mr Chamberlain continued: "I have to tell you now that no such undertaking has been received and consequently this country is at war with Germany."

    Similarly the French issued an ultimatum, which was presented in Berlin at 1230, saying France would be at war unless a 1700 deadline for the troops' withdrawal was adhered to.

    "I heard this voice saying we were now at war with Germany and at that moment the air raid sirens went"

    He continued: "I ask them to stand calm, firm and united in this time of trial. The task will be hard. There may be dark days ahead and war can no longer be confined to the battlefield. But we can only do the right as we see the right and reverently commit our cause to God."

    A War Cabinet of nine members has been set up with two new ministers, including Winston Churchill as First Lord of the Admiralty, the post he held at the outbreak of World War I. Lord Hankey becomes Minister without Portfolio.

    Anthony Eden will take over as Dominions Secretary with special access to the War Cabinet. Mr Eden resigned from the post of Secretary of Foreign Affairs last year because he disagreed with the policy of appeasement.

    The National Service (Armed Forces) Act has been passed making all men between 18 and 41 liable for conscription. The armed forces have already been mobilized for war and in July the first Territorial Army conscripts were called up.

    Latest reports from Poland say the Germans have bombed a number of towns and cities, some with little or no strategic importance. About 1,500 are reported to have been killed or injured in the attacks on Friday and Saturday.

    In his broadcast to the nation, Mr Chamberlain spoke of his sadness that "the long struggle to win peace" had failed.

    He continued: "I cannot believe that there is anything more or anything different that I could have done and that would have been more successful."

    Yesterday there was anger in the House of Commons over the Government's apparent delay in taking action against Germany.

    Labour's deputy leader Arthur Greenwood had accused the Prime Minister of vacillating when "Britain and all that Britain stands for are in peril".

    Today's declaration of war was received with rousing cheers. As Mr Chamberlain informed the House Britain could not take part in a five-power conference proposed by Italy while Poland was being invaded.

    It has also been received with great enthusiasm in the Polish capital, Warsaw, where crowds took to the streets outside the British and French embassies cheering and singing.
    BBC ON THIS DAY | 3 | 1939: Britain and France declare war on Germany
    Last edited by Triad; 06-07-09 at 06:40 PM.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    11-01-09 @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    829

    Re: Russia accuses Poland of starting Second World War

    There are a lot of half-truths as well as outright lies being peddled from all points of view on this issue. To shrink a 50,000 page book down to one brief sentence: all major governments involved in WW2 are guilty to a degree, as are non-governmental movements like International Communism and Zionism. Also guilty are the people who supported those governments, like by paying their taxes, which is pretty much everyone.


    All kings are foes of all the men they rule!

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: Russia accuses Poland of starting Second World War

    [QUOTE=Triad;1058068739]September 1 1939..Germany invades and Declares war on Poland. UK and France condemn demand withdraw in 72 hours.

    3 later the UK and then France Declared War on Germany after giving them those 3 days to withdraw all troops from Poland.

    Hitler was shocked they had declared war asking Ribbentrop after a brief moment of rather stunned silence on learning the UK had declared war.."what now?"

    Learn your history. Or be like Glinda..ignorant.


    Actually triad,

    You might want to learn some history WWII actually started June 28th 1919 with the signing of The Treaty of Versailles at the end of WWI.

    But I can take it a tad father if you like with the following German Aggressive moves,

    1 In 1932 the German government announced it would no longer adhere to the treaty's military limitations, citing the Allies' violation of the treaty by failing to initiate military limitations on themselves as called for in the preamble of Part V of the Treaty of Versailles.

    2 In March 1935 Adolf Hitler violated the Treaty of Versailles by introducing compulsory military conscription in Germany and rebuilding the armed forces. This included a new Navy (Kriegsmarine), the first full armoured divisions (Panzerwaffe), and an Air Force (Luftwaffe).

    3 In June 1935 the United Kingdom effectively withdrew from the treaty with the signing of the Anglo-German Naval Agreement.

    4 In March 1936 Hitler violated the treaty by reoccupying the demilitarized zone in the Rhineland.

    5 In March 1938 Hitler violated the treaty by annexing Austria in the Anschluss.

    6 In September 1938 Hitler with approval of France, Britain and Italy violated the Treaty by annexing Czechoslovak border regions, the Sudetenland

    7 In March 1939 Hitler violated the treaty by occupying the rest of Czechoslovakia.


    All this lead up tot he September 1st 1939 invasion of Poland by Germany.

    Now you want to discuss WWII history great let's do it but lets also stick to the truth and facts.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •