Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 111 to 117 of 117

Thread: Obama slams Holocaust deniers at concentration camp

  1. #111
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 05:35 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Obama slams Holocaust deniers at concentration camp

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    It's the Poles everyone forgets.

    If you're like most people, you believe that Hitler invaded Poland because he wanted to kill Jews. Not so.
    The Genocide of the Armenians was between 1915 and 1916, wer're not talking about the same thing.
    "True wisdom is less presuming than folly. The wise man doubteth often, and changeth his mind; the fool is obstinate, and doubteth not; he knoweth all things but his own ignorance." -- Akhenaton
    To understand does not mean to support or to excuse

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Obama slams Holocaust deniers at concentration camp

    Meh I'm done with it I refuse to continue this little charade I will say one thing before I end this argument, my revisionist opponent has already been listed in the ultra right/extreme left/Islamist convergence. No amount of dialogue or facts will change the mind of this defender of the axis.
    Last edited by Agent Ferris; 06-14-09 at 03:41 PM.

  3. #113
    Professor
    Alfons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    10-31-17 @ 03:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    1,460

    Re: Obama slams Holocaust deniers at concentration camp

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    Source: Reuters

    Additional commentary be me is superfluous. I basically just wanted this event and these words chronicled here at Debate Politics.
    Mr. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad isn't a Holocaust denier, he is a idiot!
    Rom 6:23:For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

  4. #114
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: Obama slams Holocaust deniers at concentration camp

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Libman View Post
    It seems that the difference between "substantiation" and "rhetoric" for you is whether an argument fits your preconceived notions, which were clearly shaped with a pro-government bias... It will take some time and effort, but you need to learn to think critically and overcome this bias. Willful failure to do so, popular or not, can only be described as intellectual dishonesty!
    Not in the least. You are writing a book, it seems. You are going about it the wrong way. When doing research on a topic, it is best to follow a research formula. First come up with a hypothesis, then do your research, then reach a conclusion based on your research, either confirming the hypothesis, or proving it wrong. You are reverse engineering it. You have already made up your mind as to your conclusion, so you are cherry picking information, and spinning things to fit your premise...your anti-government bias. Very poor research. That is why all you are spewing is rhetoric. You have substantiated nothing...all you have done is say "I hate the government" every way possible. It is you who are being intellectually dishonest.

    Try doing some actual research and show some substantiation for your position. So far, you have not.




    Um, I'm not understanding what you wrote there, but it seems like it comes from ignorance of what Anarcho-Capitalism is and isn't.
    No, I believe you identified yourself as an anarchist in the past. I did not know that you identified yourself as an anarcho-captialist. I do now. Similar to pure libertarianism, great in theory, completely sucks and unworkable in practice. But I'd imagine you know that.
    Last edited by CaptainCourtesy; 06-15-09 at 12:06 AM.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Obama slams Holocaust deniers at concentration camp

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfons View Post
    Mr. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad isn't a Holocaust denier, he is a idiot!
    The two are not mutually exclusive:

    "They have fabricated a legend, under the name Massacre of the Jews, and they hold it higher than God himself, religion itself and the prophets themselves...If somebody in their country questions God, nobody says anything, but if somebody denies the myth of the massacre of Jews, the Zionist loudspeakers and the governments in the pay of Zionism will start to scream." -- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad December 2005

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    11-01-09 @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    829

    Re: Obama slams Holocaust deniers at concentration camp

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    [...] your anti-government bias [...]
    You mean my unwillingness to be a slave to a violent institution that has murdered hundreds of millions of people and has cut the post-industrial economic growth in half. Voluntarianism is the natural state of human interaction. The word "bias" does not apply.


    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    No, I believe you identified yourself as an anarchist in the past. I did not know that you identified yourself as an anarcho-captialist. I do now. Similar to pure libertarianism, great in theory, completely sucks and unworkable in practice. But I'd imagine you know that.
    You're making a baseless claim in spite of economic evidence to the contrary. Economic freedom (i.e. free market capitalism) has proven itself advantageous in countless examples throughout history. All arguments to the contrary have only been successful at a point of a gun, which is how the "government didn't cause the Great Depression, FDR helped end it" lies come about. Advances in human knowledge make government force ever less justifiable.

    I guess there's a fundamental psychological difference between people like me and people like you. Some people strive for accomplishment, do their research, take personal risks when necessary, and so on - like for example the Wright brothers. Others just stand in the sidelines, ridicule, claim it will never fly, but when they're proven wrong they benefit from the innovation nonetheless.
    Last edited by Alex Libman; 06-15-09 at 01:19 PM.

  7. #117
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: Obama slams Holocaust deniers at concentration camp

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Libman View Post
    You mean my unwillingness to be a slave to a violent institution that has murdered hundreds of millions of people and has cut the post-industrial economic growth in half. Voluntarianism is the natural state of human interaction. The word "bias" does not apply.
    You just proved my point. Nothing but anti-government bias and rhetoric. You really should drop your blinders a bit, but obviously you've come to your conclusions. Shame you have no evidence to support what you say...except if you spin it that way.

    You're making a baseless claim in spite of economic evidence to the contrary. Economic freedom (i.e. free market capitalism) has proven itself advantageous in countless examples throughout history. All arguments to the contrary have only been successful at a point of a gun, which is how the "government didn't cause the Great Depression, FDR helped end it" lies come about. Advances in human knowledge make government force ever less justifiable.
    My claim has far more substantiation than yours does, and it is obvious that you do not understand how human psychology overrules any of these neat little socio-political economic theories that you adhere to. That is why they hold no water and you can't substantiate.

    I guess there's a fundamental psychological difference between people like me and people like you. Some people strive for accomplishment, do their research, take personal risks when necessary, and so on - like for example the Wright brothers. Others just stand in the sidelines, ridicule, claim it will never fly, but when they're proven wrong they benefit from the innovation nonetheless.
    No the difference between people like you and I are some walk around with blinders on, mired in their own biases, refusing to look at things objectively, trying to live in a castle in the air. These folks don't take risks. They act out. While others live in reality.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •