Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 608

Thread: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

  1. #581
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    This is our point.
    Yet you claim it is wrong and IMMORAL for abortions, yet MORAL and right for slaughter houses. What makes YOU right and PETA members wrong?

    The majority. So the Majority decides what is right or wrong for the most part.

    That doesn't mean it is right or moral.

    So PETA killing slaughter house members would be seen as right and moral to some of them. That doesn't make them wrong or right.

  2. #582
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    Because I believe we must never let one man decide another mans worth and this is especially true in the eyes of the law. There can be no favoritism, no inequality, or all hell breaks loose. Throughout history we've aimed to make certain humans non-peoples. It never works, and it doesn't last.
    I never thought it would be other prochoicers that convinced me prolife was the more moral of the two...

  3. #583
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    I saw it all along. Believe me it is not me whose posts are a mound of irrelevancies and non sequiturs.
    So then why do Pro-lifers throw in words such as "moral" or "right"? When they know it is how society feels. IT is all opinion, not fact.

  4. #584
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yet you claim it is wrong and IMMORAL for abortions, yet MORAL and right for slaughter houses. What makes YOU right and PETA members wrong?

    The majority. So the Majority decides what is right or wrong for the most part.

    That doesn't mean it is right or moral.

    So PETA killing slaughter house members would be seen as right and moral to some of them. That doesn't make them wrong or right.
    Actually it is not the majority that is a very simplistic way of putting it. No value system is simply the rational choice of a majority.

    I believe that there are sound basis for a degree of objectivity in ethics but this not the place to discuss that, it not relevant. We can make these judgments within the current moral climate.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  5. #585
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    Because I believe we must never let one man decide another mans worth and this is especially true in the eyes of the law. There can be no favoritism, no inequality, or all hell breaks loose. Throughout history we've aimed to make certain humans non-peoples. It never works, and it doesn't last.
    you value Human life over Animals. Yet, to PETA members, animal life and human life are equal.

    You are no more right than they are. It is all opinion of what the majority in society think.

  6. #586
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    So then why do Pro-lifers throw in words such as "moral" or "right"? When they know it is how society feels. IT is all opinion, not fact.
    They don't feel think it is all opinion but that is irrelevant for our current discussion. What you are attempting to do is push us into a very deep argument that is not necessary.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  7. #587
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    So then why do Pro-lifers throw in words such as "moral" or "right"? When they know it is how society feels. IT is all opinion, not fact.
    Of course. It's not a fact that being a serial killer or a rapist is wrong either. But the whole, "there is no right or wrong," is fairly meaningless outside of college.

  8. #588
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    No value system is simply the rational choice of a ajority.
    REALLY? Then why do slaughter houses exist? Because the majority have decided that they should be allowed to exist.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    I believe that there are sound basis for a degree of objectivity in ethics but this not the place to discuss that, it not relevant. We can make these judgments within the current moral climate.
    And the sound basis for abortions to exist is that the women's body outweighs that of the fetus.

    Again, this has been decided. Does it make it right or wrong? No. Just legal.

  9. #589
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    Of course. It's not a fact that being a serial killer or a rapist is wrong either. But the whole, "there is no right or wrong," is fairly meaningless outside of college.
    This is why you have to set a moral/ethical constant for the purposes of each individual topic within the abortion debate. Otherwise, people start talking about killing trees and amoeba as being no different than killing people.

  10. #590
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    Of course. It's not a fact that being a serial killer or a rapist is wrong either. But the whole, "there is no right or wrong," is fairly meaningless outside of college.
    But yet it is thrown around so much. How much do we here the Pro-Lifers saying abortion is wrong or immoral. How much to we here the anti-gay marriage crowd saying it is wrong and/or immoral.

    The words right/wrong, moral/immoral are thrown around soo much as if it were factual.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •