Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 608

Thread: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

  1. #481
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I could not give 38 cents. What is your point?

    I cannot find total campaign donations recieved for Sebilious, every search returns the numbers from Tiller. So I went with a search on governers in general:

    Terry McAuliffe: 2.195 mil for 1 election cycle. source

    Jennifer Granholm: 4.96 mil in 2005 source

    So I ask again, do you really think that some one is going to risk their political life for a contribution that is less than 2 %(38k/2mil, to get a maximum percentage) of the money she raises in any one year?
    2% of total funds from one donor is a pretty sizeable amount...

  2. #482
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Was in this thread, a few pages back.
    Nah, I think that was in reference to the DA Kline.

  3. #483
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    Nah, I think that was in reference to the DA Kline.
    Know the name of the doctor? I can find out for sure quick enough.

  4. #484
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    2% of total funds from one donor is a pretty sizeable amount...
    That would be for one year, except it was spread over 7 years.

  5. #485
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Know the name of the doctor? I can find out for sure quick enough.
    Dr. hired by the state to review records was Paul McHugh.

  6. #486
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Frankly, there is no difference between those who cheerlead this behavior (or at the least, withhold their condemnation and pretend as if it is somehow justified), and those who do celebrate bombings directed at U.S. service personnel in the middle east.
    I don't think you can quote anyone on this forum or anywhere else that cheerleads both the Tiller murder and bombings directed at US service personnel in the middle east. If so, post it.

  7. #487
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    That would be for one year, except it was spread over 7 years.
    Regardless. It's still a considerable amount from one donor.

    Even if it were 2 dollars over seven years, the governor should not be blocking oversight of a baby killing operation.

  8. #488
    Mod Apologist

    missypea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,152

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    For lack of evidence. Lack of evidence because any law that would have brought oversite to his murder mill was vetoed by the governor receiving campaign funds from his clinic. And therein lies the rub...
    You don't need medical records of all the women to make a reasonable conclusion on whether or not Tiller ran a murder mill.

    The bottom line for me is that people on this forum are calling Tiller a baby murderer, getting that emotional hoorah going. If that was Tiller's game than all the women he performed late term abortions for were in on it. That's hardly likely. It makes no sense and it's not a reasonable conclusion.




    I would chat with her when I'm feeling particularly snarky, but I wouldn't ever call her on the phone.

  9. #489
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by missypea View Post
    You don't need medical records of all the women to make a reasonable conclusion on whether or not Tiller ran a murder mill.

    The bottom line for me is that people on this forum are calling Tiller a baby murderer, getting that emotional hoorah going. If that was Tiller's game than all the women he performed late term abortions for were in on it. That's hardly likely. It makes no sense and it's not a reasonable conclusion.


    That is the scariest part of all this.

  10. #490
    Mod Apologist

    missypea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,152

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    That is the scariest part of all this.
    You can't be serious.


    This entire thing sounds like a conspiracy theory to me.




    I would chat with her when I'm feeling particularly snarky, but I wouldn't ever call her on the phone.

Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •