Page 46 of 61 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 608

Thread: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

  1. #451
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    To an extent, yes. But, Tiller is the accused, the burden of proof is on the accusers.
    I agree. But the people have the right to put together their case through unobstructed discovery. The discovery process of any case against Tiller is severely hampered by the veto override of a governor who receives campaign funds from Dr. Tiller.

    If it looks like a duck...

  2. #452
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I agree. But the people have the right to put together their case through unobstructed discovery. The discovery process of any case against Tiller is severely hampered by the veto override of a governor who receives campaign funds from Dr. Tiller.

    If it looks like a duck...
    Weren't any post-abortion pictures, descriptive files, autopsies, or smiler, recorded so as to confirm that a given fetus had the claimed affliction?

  3. #453
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I agree. But the people have the right to put together their case through unobstructed discovery. The discovery process of any case against Tiller is severely hampered by the veto override of a governor who receives campaign funds from Dr. Tiller.

    If it looks like a duck...
    As best I can find, that number is $38,000 over 7 years. Hardly a large amount all things considered, and I find it hard to believe that Sevelius would risk her political future for that sum.

    Source(an anti-Tiller/Sebelious one even): Kathleen Sebelius - Tiller's Governor
    Last edited by Redress; 06-08-09 at 07:53 PM. Reason: closed a parethasis

  4. #454
    Mod Apologist

    missypea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,152

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Well the case against Tiller is intentionally kept in a weakened state because any attempt at oversight of Tiller's murder mill was intentionally blocked by a governor who was receiving sizable contributions from Tiller. That alone is enough to raise an eyebrow again.
    Bold section is what I was addressing earlier and looks like I'm still addressing.

    I know talk like that is great to rally the troops but it does little else other than to lower the tone of the debate. Tiller ran a business where he practiced medicine. That's not a murder mill.

    Here's something I posed earlier, Jallman. What say you?


    Quote Originally Posted by missypea View Post
    It must be that Tiller and the women who had late term abortions were all just into it for the sake of killing these perfectly sound babies or there were medical reasons behind it.


    Which sounds more reasonable?
    Were the women who had late term abortions by Tillman in cahoots with him to kill off perfectly healthy babies for absolutely no reason?




    I would chat with her when I'm feeling particularly snarky, but I wouldn't ever call her on the phone.

  5. #455
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So, never admitted it, never convicted. Sounds to me like he was not provably a murderer, and you are just making an unfounded accusation. It's never good to let your emotions overrule your sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    What Crime ? Oh, I see, now you want to smear him with the word "crime".

    This word doesn't apply either, but again we see you using it anyway for the smear value.
    Come over here and make your "never convicted in court" arguments:
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    You seriously have to question the intelligence of those who get their information from a drug addict though.
    Let's see if your sincere in your logic or if you're only using whatever seragent argument supports your political opinion for convenience

  6. #456
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    As best I can find, that number is $38,000 over 7 years. Hardly a large amount all things considered, and I find it hard to believe that Sevelius would risk her political future for that sum.

    Source(an anti-Tiller/Sebelious one even): Kathleen Sebelius - Tiller's Governor
    Can YOU give 38,000 over a seven year period to any particular candidate? I wouldn't bat an eye if the contribution had been a general party contribution, but this was 38K given to one particular candidate.

    It is enough to raise some questions given her zealous support of the doctor's practice.

  7. #457
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Come over here and make your "never convicted in court" arguments:


    Let's see if your sincere in your logic or if you're only using whatever seragent argument supports your political opinion for convenience
    Huh? Say what?

  8. #458
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by missypea View Post
    Bold section is what I was addressing earlier and looks like I'm still addressing.

    I know talk like that is great to rally the troops but it does little else other than to lower the tone of the debate. Tiller ran a business where he practiced medicine. That's not a murder mill.

    Here's something I posed earlier, Jallman. What say you?




    Were the women who had late term abortions by Tillman in cahoots with him to kill off perfectly healthy babies for absolutely no reason?


    Offing perfectly healthy babies is not a practice that is unheard of. I would have no issue if there was some oversight to Tiller's practice. However, with all the secrecy and direct attempts to block legitimate investigation, there should be no surprise that the worst possible scenario is entertained by his detractors.

  9. #459
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Weren't any post-abortion pictures, descriptive files, autopsies, or smiler, recorded so as to confirm that a given fetus had the claimed affliction?
    Not even so much as a specific diagnosis of the mother.

  10. #460
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Can YOU give 38,000 over a seven year period to any particular candidate? I wouldn't bat an eye if the contribution had been a general party contribution, but this was 38K given to one particular candidate.

    It is enough to raise some questions given her zealous support of the doctor's practice.
    I could not give 38 cents. What is your point?

    I cannot find total campaign donations recieved for Sebilious, every search returns the numbers from Tiller. So I went with a search on governers in general:

    Terry McAuliffe: 2.195 mil for 1 election cycle. source

    Jennifer Granholm: 4.96 mil in 2005 source

    So I ask again, do you really think that some one is going to risk their political life for a contribution that is less than 2 %(38k/2mil, to get a maximum percentage) of the money she raises in any one year?

Page 46 of 61 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •