Page 41 of 61 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 608

Thread: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

  1. #401
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Arrow Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I know you need to devalue the baby
    You are not getting it.

    The value is zero until its a baby.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    so that your conscience can remain unstained by your advocation of murdering children,
    Wow, now we don't care how inaccurate our terminology is as long as it will be inflammatory eh ?

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    but by all standards of reason, we are talking about a baby by that stage of development.
    You are talking about what you consider a baby.

    I not only don't have to agree with you, I don't even need to consider your rigamarole of comparison. I am at liberty to make my own decision in the matter, and I say it's a baby once its born. None of your science arguments gain any traction here, as my personal decision on the point at which to start valuing that Human is mine alone, and I do not have to base it off of your parallels or your opinions.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    It's awfully funny the somersaults in logic the mind will endure as a coping mechanism against our own base thoughts.
    I am not doing any somersaults, I just disagree with you about something unprovable.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I know what it states. Nothing in that statement makes my assertion false. If you think it does, please elaborate but I know now that my tolerance for selective emphasis on single words to the exclusion of the whole document is exactly 0. But if you think you can make your case...
    Citizens are born. Womb contents are not citizens.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Yes a citizen, just not one that has left the womb yet.
    Sorry pal, the Constitution states that persons born are citizens.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    The activity of late term abortion is the entire society's business as it directly impacts a baby citizen with pain, suffering, and deprivation of the most basic of rights.
    Society's business is much better handled by staying the hell out of family decisions and squabbles.

    Heres the big point that I have not even gotten out yet.

    Consider this jallman:

    Society is having its town hall meeting. You decry abortion. I stand up and ask if the Town Hall will fall down if we ignore abortions. Since it won't, why don't we just ignore tham, rather than try to get violence on a large portion of our already existant citizens ? I simply reject your interference in the reproductive cycle of other citizens as rude and unwarranted. Attack already existant citizens over a potential citizen ? Are you Nuts ?

  2. #402
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Your memory seems to add things on to a subject you obviously are very passionate about. It puts your credibility on the line IMHO about this subject.
    Well I also said the new guy dropped half the charges. In actuality that was wrong too. The new guy dropped ALL of the original charges and brought 19 new ones - all dealing with 2nd opinions.

    None of which changes the gist of my assertion that a prosecutor was fired and a new guy was brought in who was more favorable to Tiller.

  3. #403
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    Consider this jallman:

    Society is having its town hall meeting. You decry abortion. I stand up and ask if the Town Hall will fall down if we ignore abortions. Since it won't, why don't we just ignore tham, rather than try to get violence on a large portion of our already existant citizens ? I simply reject your interference in the reproductive cycle of other citizens as rude and unwarranted. Attack already existant citizens over a potential citizen ? Are you Nuts ?
    Kansas state law says no abortions after 22 weeks without a valid irreversible health threat to the mother.

  4. #404
    Guru
    OKgrannie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,221

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    Dr. Tiller does not need to give reasons. So there are no reasons ever brought before the courts.

    The one dr. who was brought in by the state to review Tillers charts has gone on record multiple times stating that Tiller does not meet the criteria of current Kansas legislation requiring an irreversible health threat. The prosecutor who hired this dr. was fired.

    Currently no dr. in Kansas needs ever to list any reason for a late term abortion if he doesn't want to. Thus the 22 week cut off law is rendered essentially moot.

    While Missy may be happy to know I can't give her statistics she ought to be asking why she's not disturbed that she can't either. That there are none.
    The prosecution of Tiller was done in an attempt to stop him from performing any abortions, not just to stop late-term abortions. He was attacked by a rabid anti-abortion zealot, Phil Kline, who lost his bid for re-election. Even conservative Kansasans had enough of Phil Kline.


    Phil Kline fundraises with a 5-page mailer citing Dr. Tiller | Crooks and Liars

    KCTV5 exposed Phil Kline for being a typical conservative crook in a the above video clip, and C&L had a hand in exposing it to the media in KS.
    Logan Murphy wrote this back on 11/28/07:

    Kansas City CBS affiliate KCTV5 conducted a 6 month investigation of Phil Kline, the religious zealot and rabid anti-abortion District Attorney of Johnson County, Kansas that has now caught fire on blogs nationwide, earning C&L a nod for our coverage. The investigation uncovered some dirty secrets about Kline's true residency and his apparent lack of work ethics -- and now he's running for cover...read on...

    Thousands of Kansans opened their mailboxes Thursday to find a solicitation letter from former Attorney General Phill Kline that invokes physician George Tiller and Planned Parenthood while seeking contributions for a campaign against abortion rights.

    ....
    Kline, who filed criminal charges against Tiller while serving as attorney general, targeted the solicitation at former political supporters. He is trying to eliminate $200,000 in personal legal debt that piled up during the past six years. The letter also says cash was needed by Life Issues Institute, an anti-abortion organization in Cincinnati affiliated with Kline, to “launch more aggressive battles on the national front.”
    "Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."
    ~Anonymous

  5. #405
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Question Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    Kansas state law says no abortions after 22 weeks without a valid irreversible health threat to the mother.
    And where is your proof that this threat did not exist ?

    ( further, I do not understand why you quoted my town hall passage which is a hypothetical, or thought experiment, and then posted on comment on existant law )
    Last edited by Voidwar; 06-08-09 at 04:59 PM.

  6. #406
    Advisor Birdzeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    East Coast - mid Atlantic
    Last Seen
    12-10-16 @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    341

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    I don't think so as the error doesn't change the story much in my opinion. I'm not about lying about stuff that is easily proven one way or another by most anyone on the web who knows how to google. I don't have the entire Tiller case with all names involved all up in my head 24/7. If I make a mistake call me on it and I'll say, "Yeah, you're right. " It's not like my having the wrong name of who exactly got fired changes the point that a guy was fired to bring in a friendlier more pro-Tiller state prosecutor.

    So think what you want about my credibility. It's certainly more interesting than the "See no evil, hear no evil, " approach most take on the Tiller fiasco.
    Like the "see no evil, hear no evil" approach by some anti-abortion folks to Tiller's assassination?

  7. #407
    Guru
    OKgrannie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    4,221

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    Well forgive me for not having the same faith in women and drs. There are corrupt drs. Likewise there are women who birth babies and then aim to shove them down the toilet at McDonalds, toss them in dumpsters, stick 'em in a car trunk, or bury them in their backyard.
    Yes there are, but they are mighty few and far between, since they make headlines every time it happens. You are alleging that Tiller is corrupt and supported by a multitude of women, enough to make him rich, who want late-term abortions on a whim.
    "Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."
    ~Anonymous

  8. #408
    Mod Apologist

    missypea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,152

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by OKgrannie View Post
    The prosecution of Tiller was done in an attempt to stop him from performing any abortions, not just to stop late-term abortions. He was attacked by a rabid anti-abortion zealot, Phil Kline, who lost his bid for re-election. Even conservative Kansasans had enough of Phil Kline.


    Phil Kline fundraises with a 5-page mailer citing Dr. Tiller | Crooks and Liars

    KCTV5 exposed Phil Kline for being a typical conservative crook in a the above video clip, and C&L had a hand in exposing it to the media in KS.
    Logan Murphy wrote this back on 11/28/07:

    Kansas City CBS affiliate KCTV5 conducted a 6 month investigation of Phil Kline, the religious zealot and rabid anti-abortion District Attorney of Johnson County, Kansas that has now caught fire on blogs nationwide, earning C&L a nod for our coverage. The investigation uncovered some dirty secrets about Kline's true residency and his apparent lack of work ethics -- and now he's running for cover...read on...

    Thousands of Kansans opened their mailboxes Thursday to find a solicitation letter from former Attorney General Phill Kline that invokes physician George Tiller and Planned Parenthood while seeking contributions for a campaign against abortion rights.

    ....
    Kline, who filed criminal charges against Tiller while serving as attorney general, targeted the solicitation at former political supporters. He is trying to eliminate $200,000 in personal legal debt that piled up during the past six years. The letter also says cash was needed by Life Issues Institute, an anti-abortion organization in Cincinnati affiliated with Kline, to “launch more aggressive battles on the national front.”

    Was Kline the guy that was fired so that a different attorney (more favorable towards Tiller, as Talloulou put it) could be brought in?



    I would chat with her when I'm feeling particularly snarky, but I wouldn't ever call her on the phone.

  9. #409
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdzeye View Post
    Like the "see no evil, hear no evil" approach by some anti-abortion folks to Tiller's assassination?
    I said the guy ought to be prosecuted. I lol'd at the fact that he was disturbed he was being treated like a criminal. I made no excuses for him and readily called him a whacko numerous times.

    All of which has nothing to do with the fact that I'm pleased that when a guy gets a gun and goes nuts on someone he chooses a target I despise. Normally you can't depend on Karma or what goes around comes around. Most times really heinous crap happens to really good people.

    The Tiller murder was like a breath of fresh air.

  10. #410
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    I can agree, regarding born citizens. Thats Constitutional
    Location on either side of an inches long canal is not a deciding factor on whether a human being has its basic human rights protected. The courts disagree with you already.

    Life ? Like eating meat ? Or Live plants ?
    I'm not even going to address this ridiculous attempt to obfuscate.

    What was Tiller doing friday before last ?
    Killing babies.

    I do not have to agree with you regarding your inflammatory and inaccurate terminology.
    I don't care whether you agree with me or not. It is what it is.

    More importantly, take a look at what you propose.

    To prevent me from controlling my own bloodline, are you willing to stop me with force ? If so, and I fight to the last, the best you have (from your viewpoint) is trading one murder for another. (And thats only if by some miracle I don't take a few down with me.) Your attempt to decide this question for another citizen and force that decision on them, is the greater crime, and it leads to greater violence.
    I have no intent to use force on you at all. However, I have absolutely no issue with detaining your wife in a medical lockup until she delivers. If a late term abortion is performed without medical cause, I have no issue with levying the harshest criminal penalties against all parties just like with any other first degree murder.

Page 41 of 61 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •