Page 35 of 61 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 608

Thread: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

  1. #341
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    The word "born" was size four when I first posted the passage.
    OK. Whether it was there or not when I read through it the first time is irrelevant as the quote you pointed to does not grant you a right to kill a baby in utero. It simply denotes equal protection to all US citizens. Though I would like to see your reasoning how this amendment bans the basic human rights from enjoyment by the 22 week gestated fetus.

  2. #342
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-04-10 @ 04:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,289

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'


  3. #343
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    So, it ain't born yet, so the rest is hogwash.
    As has been mentioned, it becomes a simple matter of location at this point. I can think of no clause in the Constitution where location limits human rights from being applied to anyone, least of all a baby.

  4. #344
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Arrow Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    the quote you pointed to does not grant you a right to kill a baby in utero.
    Not talking about a baby.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    It simply denotes equal protection to all US citizens.
    incorrect. It states :

    All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Though I would like to see your reasoning how this amendment bans the basic human rights from enjoyment by the 22 week gestated fetus.
    Not a citizen. And a real citizen, has decided to empty her womb. Respecting that real citizen, this activity is no one's business but her and her doctor.

  5. #345
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    As has been mentioned, it becomes a simple matter of location at this point.
    Mentioned and refuted.

  6. #346
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-04-10 @ 04:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,289

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    They did work, the second link was the start of a public debate that took place throught the media here and on the "street", then 2 free debate's took place in the commons,a lot of myths were debunked, the result, the 24wk rule stood! from memory 385 MPs against the 75 MPs voted for the reduction of 24 wks rule

  7. #347
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Every citizen has a dog in the race that decides who is and is not devalued as a person.
    I can agree, regarding born citizens. Thats Constitutional

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Every citizen has a dog in the race that decides whether we protect life
    Life ? Like eating meat ? Or Live plants ?

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    You can say it's not all you want, but we do not have a tie. In fact, the courts, for the most part, have outlawed the barbaric practice of partial birth or late term abortion in all but the medically necessary cases.
    What was Tiller doing friday before last ?

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I will mind the well being of the most defenseless of human beings with a passion that will not be tempered by your deplorable defense of baby murder. And baby murder is exactly what that is past 22 weeks.
    I do not have to agree with you regarding your inflammatory and inaccurate terminology.

    More importantly, take a look at what you propose.

    To prevent me from controlling my own bloodline, are you willing to stop me with force ? If so, and I fight to the last, the best you have (from your viewpoint) is trading one murder for another. (And thats only if by some miracle I don't take a few down with me.) Your attempt to decide this question for another citizen and force that decision on them, is the greater crime, and it leads to greater violence.

  8. #348
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by B L Zeebub View Post
    They did work, the second link was the start of a public debate that took place throught the media here and on the "street", then 2 free debate's took place in the commons,a lot of myths were debunked, the result, the 24wk rule stood! from memory 385 MPs against the 75 MPs voted for the reduction of 24 wks rule
    Someone how I doubt whether the left-liberal elitists who make up Britain's rulers debunked any myths nor whether the Brussels broadcasting corporation reported it correctly. Sometimes the BBC isn't too bad but on abortion, as Peter Hitchens has pointed out, they do tend to be very biased.

    The restriction wanted was too much too fast. A restriction reducing the legality to 20 weeks should however be brought in and perhaps some other restrictions.

    Britain thankfully has a lot tougher restrictions on all abortions than some states in the US seem to.
    Last edited by Wessexman; 06-08-09 at 06:36 AM.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  9. #349
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-04-10 @ 04:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,289

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    Someone how I doubt whether the left-liberal elitists who make up Britain's rulers debunked any myths nor whether the Brussels broadcasting corporation reported it correctly. Sometimes the BBC isn't too bad but on abortion, as Peter Hitchens has pointed out, they do tend to be very biased.

    The restriction wanted was too much too fast. A restriction reducing the legality to 20 weeks should however be brought in and perhaps some other restrictions.

    Britain thankfully has a lot tougher restrictions on all abortions than some states in the US seem to.
    Did you read the 2nd link BBC news, 6 people contributed to that piece, would you like to post here the names of those who contributed to Pro stance and those who contributed to the anti stance.

    Re Hitchens, was he talking about BBC News? link please.

    Tougher rules in the UK, how many states in the US have 24 wks as the time limit for a "normal" abortion? what are these tougher restrictions you talk about, link please.

    This vote was what is called a conscience vote, it was left up to the MP to vote without towing any party lineAbortion limit stays at 24 weeks, whilst need for father in IVF is removed | Politics | The Guardian

    Would you go to Hansard and view the voting record of the MPs who voted against the reduction to 12 wks, were they all left-liberal eleteists, then compare it with those who voted for a reduction to 22 wks.I will give you a clue, some MPs from the major parties voted against 12 wks but for 22wks.

  10. #350
    Traditional
    hiswoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Cypress, TX
    Last Seen
    04-04-13 @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,051
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    So, it ain't born yet, so the rest is hogwash.

    Your "if" allows me to ignore everything that follows, since it relates to some other situation.
    Your ignorance allows me to conclude that you prefer living in denial.

Page 35 of 61 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •