Page 17 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 608

Thread: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

  1. #161
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:22 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,326
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I would argue that the unborn's right to due process under the law was repeatedly violated by someone who found a technicality; much like a cold blooded murderer who get's off because the custody chain for a critical piece of evidence was accidentally broken.
    So what you are saying is he is innocent, but you don't want to except it. I have looked, and seen lots of accusations, but a total of zero proof that he broke the law. You are making assumptions to make yourself feel better about your attitude.

  2. #162
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So what you are saying is he is innocent, but you don't want to except it. I have looked, and seen lots of accusations, but a total of zero proof that he broke the law. You are making assumptions to make yourself feel better about your attitude.
    Whether he broke the law, or was able to be prosecuted for such, is not the complete determinant of whether he was moral or we will be sad he is dead. That doesn't mean that the murderer did the right thing of course but is simply a comment on someone's feelings towards that person and their death.

    When Pinochet was under house arrest in England I would not have supported his murder but I would not have mourned him if he had been murdered.

    Personally I have not got enough info on Tiller to say either way. I do feel sorry for his family.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  3. #163
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:22 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,326
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    Whether he broke the law, or was able to be prosecuted for such, is not the complete determinant of whether he was moral or we will be sad he is dead. That doesn't mean that the murderer did the right thing of course but is simply a comment on someone's feelings towards that person and their death.

    When Pinochet was under house arrest in England I would not have supported his murder but I would not have mourned him if he had been murdered.

    Personally I have not got enough info on Tiller to say either way. I do feel sorry for his family.
    Jerry clearly stated: "the unborn's right to due process under the law was repeatedly violated by someone who found a technicality". I was referring strictly to that. Jerry has no proof of this statement, only accusations and assumptions.

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So what you are saying is he is innocent, but you don't want to except it. I have looked, and seen lots of accusations, but a total of zero proof that he broke the law. You are making assumptions to make yourself feel better about your attitude.
    I'm sure many would say the same for that hypothetical murderer.

  5. #165
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Jerry clearly stated: "the unborn's right to due process under the law was repeatedly violated by someone who found a technicality". I was referring strictly to that. Jerry has no proof of this statement, only accusations and assumptions.
    I don't know enough about Tiller or Jerry's knowledge of him to pass much judgment on that. But presumably Jerry puts the rate of legitimate late-term abortions very low. Personally I agree with him, if he does hold said view, but I don't know exactly what Tiller was up to.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  6. #166
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:22 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,326
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I'm sure many would say the same for that hypothetical murderer.
    You are comparing yourself to Tiller's murderer? If not, I am confused, if so, why would you want to make that comparison?

  7. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You are comparing yourself to Tiller's murderer? If not, I am confused, if so, why would you want to make that comparison?
    You're confused.

  8. #168
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:22 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,326
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    You're confused.
    Any chance of you explaining?

  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Any chance of you explaining?
    Sure thing.

    It appears that Tiller was a sly criminal. He got away with it because he knew how to manipulate the system and he found a couple loop holes.

    What the epic of Tiller tells Pro-Life is that it's not enough to allow late term abortion simple with a second doctor's opinion. The rules need to be much stricter, and Tiller has helped Pro-Life refine future legislation.

  10. #170
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So what you are saying is he is innocent, but you don't want to except it. I have looked, and seen lots of accusations, but a total of zero proof that he broke the law. You are making assumptions to make yourself feel better about your attitude.
    One does not have to break the law to deny someone else due process of law. One merely has to bend it sufficiently.

Page 17 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •