Page 10 of 61 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 608

Thread: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

  1. #91
    Sage
    jfuh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Pacific Rim
    Last Seen
    01-20-12 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    16,631

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    jfuh, I understand your indignation with my response. I understand it because I have the very same indignation towards folks who refuse to acknowledge the governor of Kansas essentially made the 22 week cut off on the books -moot. I have the same indignation every time I read an article memorializing Tiller for being a hero, a purveyor of womens rights.

    Be disgusted with me, I don't mind. I get it. I have the same disgust and disdain for anyone daring to call that monster a hero.

    Just don't put words in my mouth or attempt to assert I support terrorism.

    If some whacko took out Kathleen Sebelius I wouldn't shed tears over that either. I view her more as a sell out and corrupt politician though vs Tiller - who I saw as a psychotic sadist.
    What I'm saying is very simple. It is this sort of demonization and vilification that allows for this very sort of vigilantism.
    You can be angry at the proceedure, you can be angry that the legal process is not in your favor. But when you vilify unjustly and without evidence other than your own bias or prejudice what it results in is the legitimization of heinus acts by just these sorts of terrorists.

    For example, if you said, I understand why the 9/11 hijackers would dive bomb into the world trade towers and I agree that the government is corrupt and protective of oil companies and dictators of the ME. How is that different from what you are saying here?

    On the other hand if your comment was, abortion is a heinus act that feeds frustration and anger for the killing of innocent which I would hope would be more of what you are trying to argue. That would be on par with I understand why people in the Islamic world have such hatred for America.

    My indignation is not with your position towards abortion, but towards your vilification and demonization of Tiller and co.

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by jfuh View Post
    What I'm saying is very simple. It is this sort of demonization and vilification that allows for this very sort of vigilantism.
    Absolutely not. If I say I can't stand someone and list all my reasons why that person makes me sick and you agree and go kill that person that is ON YOU. Nobody else.

  3. #93
    Sage
    jfuh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Pacific Rim
    Last Seen
    01-20-12 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    16,631

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    In some instances.
    Yes, and the murder of babies in utero is a service that is wrong.
    Even at the expense of the mother? The baby should be spared at the expense of the mother?

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman
    OK, so I overlook the majority of cases. Even one case of murdering a baby is enough to forever turn my opinion of a man...
    No one has late term abortions just to get their murder kicks.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman
    Please provide proof of these claims.
    Dr. Tiller’s Important Job - Judith Warner Blog - NYTimes.com
    “He took her for free,” she said. “He kept her three days. He checked her himself every few hours. She and her sister came back to me and said he couldn’t have been more wonderful. That’s just the way he was.”

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by jfuh View Post
    Even at the expense of the mother? The baby should be spared at the expense of the mother?

    No one has late term abortions just to get their murder kicks.


    Dr. Tiller’s Important Job - Judith Warner Blog - NYTimes.com
    I believe he killed a baby for free. That's not what I meant. I meant that I would like to see where Tiller was barely scraping by because by all other accounts, he was rolling in dough.

  5. #95
    Sage
    jfuh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Pacific Rim
    Last Seen
    01-20-12 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    16,631

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    This is unverifiable.
    No one has a late term abortion just for kicks.

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou
    Tiller was a millionaire because unlike other drs. he would not turn a woman away no matter how far along she was and he charged $5000 a pop.
    Most physicians are quite wealthy but unless you are vilifying wealth as well now there is no argument just on the wealth itself.
    As for "did not turn a woman away no matter how long" That's the entire point of a late term abortion. It's late term of course it's going to be far along. That it is far along is no grounds for turning away a woman.
    Let's not forget the fact that women only went to Dr. Tiller as a last resort, they had no other choice.

  6. #96
    Sage
    jfuh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Pacific Rim
    Last Seen
    01-20-12 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    16,631

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    Clarification came immediately in the next sentence. How is it my fault you stopped reading after one line?
    The "clarification"reinforced the notion of letigimization of the killing - hence terror sympathy.

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by jfuh View Post
    Let's not forget the fact that women only went to Dr. Tiller as a last resort, they had no other choice.
    Of course he was a last resort. That's certainly nothing to be proud of...that he would murder any baby no matter what.


    "Tiller's Abortion Clinic...No Fetus Can Beat us!!!!"

    Yeah...it would be nice to verify that she had no other choice, but you know...there's that corrupt government protection issue again. Damn, funny how that works out.

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    If what Tiller was doing was so wrong, it was the job of authorities to change the law.

    The Partial Birth Abortion ban in the U.S. tried to bypass Roe v. Wade by outlawing a specific procedure for late term abortion. Tiller bypassed this by performing a different form of late term abortion that had nothing to do with the Federal law. Kansas could have clarified the Partial Birth Abortion ban further by outlawing his particular procedure, but it didn't.

    Fact is, Tiller was following the law. I know there is always the moral question of his actions, but it wasn't the job of some psycho to be judge, jury, and executioner.

  9. #99
    Sage
    jfuh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Pacific Rim
    Last Seen
    01-20-12 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    16,631

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    Absolutely not. If I say I can't stand someone and list all my reasons why that person makes me sick and you agree and go kill that person that is ON YOU. Nobody else.
    If you say you don't like someone, list all the reasons, and proclaim that this person is a demon, a murder and monster, yes that insinuates that you think this person ought be killed.

    Frank Schaeffer: How I (and Other "Pro-Life" Leaders) Contributed to Dr. Tiller's Murder
    Doctor Was Target of O’Reilly’s Rhetoric - The Lede Blog - NYTimes.com

  10. #100
    Sage
    jfuh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Pacific Rim
    Last Seen
    01-20-12 @ 09:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    16,631

    Re: Man accused of killing abortion doc says he's being 'treated like a criminal'

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I believe he killed a baby for free. That's not what I meant. I meant that I would like to see where Tiller was barely scraping by because by all other accounts, he was rolling in dough.
    I have no evidence nor claim of that.
    My only judgement was based on the fact of what I have seen of Tiller's clinic, it's not exactly state of the art in contrast to the clinics of various other physicians who do make it by very well.
    What evidence do you have that he "rolled in dough"?

Page 10 of 61 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •