Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Rock the vote: Nirvana bassist seeks county office

  1. #1
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,763

    Rock the vote: Nirvana bassist seeks county office

    OK, I can see a musician running for office, but a BASS PLAYER?!?! He must have gotten tired of delivering pizzas. LOL.

    Actually, he has an ulterior motive in running.

    Read the article and find out what that motive is.

    Next, we are going to find drummers in government. You will be able to tell who they are. They will be the ones with drool running down all over their paperwork.
    Last edited by danarhea; 06-05-09 at 01:24 AM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #2
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Rock the vote: Nirvana bassist seeks county office

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    OK, I can see a musician running for office, but a BASS PLAYER?!?! He must have gotten tired of delivering pizzas. LOL.

    Actually, he has an ulterior motive in running.

    Read the article and find out what that motive is.

    Next, we are going to find drummers in government. You will be able to tell who they are. They will be the ones with drool running down all over their paperwork.
    Actually, Krist has been involved in politics for quite awhile. He's still making music too with a band called Flipper.

  3. #3
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,763

    Re: Rock the vote: Nirvana bassist seeks county office

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    Actually, Krist has been involved in politics for quite awhile. He's still making music too with a band called Flipper.
    That's a perfect political name. My guess is that he is either a Democrat or a Republican.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  4. #4
    Tart with a Heart
    StandUpChuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New England
    Last Seen
    07-29-11 @ 01:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,188

    Re: Rock the vote: Nirvana bassist seeks county office

    He looks so much older now.



    I can still hear Beavis & Butthead saying that he looks like a regular dude that they could hang out with.

    He's been political for a while:



    The Krist Novoselic Dedication Page - www.novoselic.com
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    You guys are weird.

  5. #5
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Rock the vote: Nirvana bassist seeks county office

    Quote Originally Posted by StandUpChuck View Post
    He looks so much older now.



    I can still hear Beavis & Butthead saying that he looks like a regular dude that they could hang out with.

    He's been political for a while:



    The Krist Novoselic Dedication Page - www.novoselic.com
    He does look old now. It's quite depressing. It actually makes me feel old because it really doesn't seem that long ago that Nirvana was still going. It makes me wonder what Kurt would look like if he were still alive.
    Regardless, their music is still timeless to me. I still listen to Nirvana quite frequently and to this day they still sounds fresh, which tells me that they were way ahead of their time.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Rock the vote: Nirvana bassist seeks county office

    Well, we already have Terminators in government. Might as well add heroin rock star junky has-beens to the payroll.

  7. #7
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Rock the vote: Nirvana bassist seeks county office

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    Well, we already have Terminators in government. Might as well add heroin rock star junky has-beens to the payroll.
    Krist has never done heroin, nor is he a junkie. Only Kurt did heroin.

  8. #8
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Rock the vote: Nirvana bassist seeks county office

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    That's a perfect political name. My guess is that he is either a Democrat or a Republican.
    You mean today or yesterday? Or are you predicting tomorrow?

  9. #9
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Rock the vote: Nirvana bassist seeks county office

    Quote Originally Posted by StandUpChuck View Post


    WOW I'm amazed what years can do. I worked on gigs with Nirvana. One time my gig was keeping Kurt out of the bathroom so he would not shoot up. I guess we all grow up?

  10. #10
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Rock the vote: Nirvana bassist seeks county office

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    WOW I'm amazed what years can do. I worked on gigs with Nirvana. One time my gig was keeping Kurt out of the bathroom so he would not shoot up. I guess we all grow up?
    Here's a really great interview with Krist on Fox Radio in Vancouver, BC from March where he talks about his political motivations, Kurt death conspiracy theories, etc. He seems like a much more positive person now.

    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn2-wSk_dHQ]YouTube - Krist Novoselic on The FOX - Part 1[/ame]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •