Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 96

Thread: UK and Netherlands vote in EU election

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    UK and Netherlands vote in EU election

    UK, Netherlands vote in Euro elections - CNN.com

    Say hello to the future of regionalism.

  2. #2
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,171

    Re: UK and Netherlands vote in EU election

    Heard some rumors about the far-right gaining power in Europe.
    Is there any truth to this?
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  3. #3
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-29-17 @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,684

    Re: UK and Netherlands vote in EU election

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Heard some rumors about the far-right gaining power in Europe.
    Is there any truth to this?
    It is worrying which is the reason I have voted for the first time in these elections. We won't know the English results till Sunday I think.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: UK and Netherlands vote in EU election

    Question Alexa wouldn't you rather be a Nation appond yourself instead of the United States of Europe.

  5. #5
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-29-17 @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,684

    Re: UK and Netherlands vote in EU election

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    Question Alexa wouldn't you rather be a Nation appond yourself instead of the United States of Europe.
    It would really depend on how Europe went.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: UK and Netherlands vote in EU election

    Quote Originally Posted by alexa View Post
    It would really depend on how Europe went.
    Hmmm I guess you aren't old enough to recall when your country had it's own Money and didn't have to get the rest of "Europe's" permission to do something to bad.

  7. #7
    Libertarian socialist

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Last Seen
    12-01-17 @ 11:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,730

    Re: UK and Netherlands vote in EU election

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Heard some rumors about the far-right gaining power in Europe.
    Is there any truth to this?
    They,re likely to gain a number of seats but its unfeisable that they,d get a majoirity. Even if they did then they wouldnt be "in power" as we,re voting for the legislature [and a comparatively weak legislature at that] not the executive.
    Last edited by Red_Dave; 06-04-09 at 10:54 PM.

  8. #8
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-29-17 @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,684

    Re: UK and Netherlands vote in EU election

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    Hmmm I guess you aren't old enough to recall when your country had it's own Money and didn't have to get the rest of "Europe's" permission to do something to bad.
    LOL are you just here to bait? You obviously are not very clued up on things anyway. Britain still has its own money. It does not use the Euro.

    I myself was an adult when we changed from pounds, shillings and pence to decimal money. Now do you know when that was?

    But really it is a waste of time just to be here to bait. If you have something to say, just say what your point is.

  9. #9
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-29-17 @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,684

    Re: UK and Netherlands vote in EU election

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Dave View Post
    They,re likley to gain a number of seats but its unfeisable that they,d get a majoirity. Even if they did then they wouldnt be "in power" as we,re voting for the legislature [and a comparatively weak legislature at that] not the executive.
    I just don't like them having any seats.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: UK and Netherlands vote in EU election

    Quote Originally Posted by alexa View Post
    LOL are you just here to bait? You obviously are not very clued up on things anyway. Britain still has its own money. It does not use the Euro.

    I myself was an adult when we changed from pounds, shillings and pence to decimal money. Now do you know when that was?
    Yes Feb of 1971 my father was Station in Scotland at the time. As for my point simple what has the EU actually have done for Europe or as a matter of fact for England,Scotland,and Wales beside make them all cowtow to some Utupian Idea that will never happen.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •