Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 178

Thread: Conservative radio host popular onetime Hannity guest charged with inciting violence

  1. #91
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Conservative radio host popular onetime Hannity guest charged with inciting viole

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    So sue me.
    Ill pass on that. It is just a message board and you're pretty cool despite not being liberal

  2. #92
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Conservative radio host popular onetime Hannity guest charged with inciting viole

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I just find it hard to believe that they were treated so poorly when they were such expensive property. I would think they were treated well to maintain their health and strength. I can't imagine that they would be allowed to fall into physical disrepair because then they would be worthless.
    "In North America, the slave trade was kind compared to the slave trade in the Caribbean Islands and the slaves trade in Brazil and South America. The practice in Brazil and South America was to work the slaves until they worked them to death. They did not have breeding farms. They did not attempt to keep the slaves alive and get offspring from them like they did with their livestock. They just worked them to death and brought in more, so the numbers will never be known."
    -- Congressman Major Owens, 13 Oct 95
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #93
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Conservative radio host popular onetime Hannity guest charged with inciting viole

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Uhmmm white people do have a long history of racism though.




    Obama said his grandmothers racism was typical of white people.


    That's a racist statement, and an offensive one.


    Do you believe that white people are "typically" racist?


    Lets not change the context to fit an agenda mmmkay?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #94
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Conservative radio host popular onetime Hannity guest charged with inciting viole

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    I think a lot of what Obama has said has been misunderstood or taken out of context. I don't think he's racist in any way. Wright, on the other hand, is. Just because Obama sat in church for 20 years listening to this man doesn't necessarily mean that he shares his views. In that same way, I don't agree with Hannity, but I certainly think that he's smart enough not to share such extremist views of Turner. So, even if they are trying to tie together (which I honestly don't see) it's no different, to me, than people trying to tie Obama to Wright or Ayers. However, I do find it interesting that you haven't mentioned the obvious parallels between this and the Ayers issue too. In fact, I brought the Ayers issue up and you ignored it and instead chose the Wright issue. Is it because that's more convenient or do you really not see the parallels between this and the Ayers issue?



    I don't. turner never was a "family friend" and as soon as hannity figured out the mans true nature dumped him.


    And what context has Obama been taken out of. It's been almost a year now since the incident and many like you claim he has been taken out of context. But not once has the context been defined.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #95
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Conservative radio host popular onetime Hannity guest charged with inciting viole

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    The only one with legally enforced slavery and segregation.



    Actually there is a huge history of black slaves owned by black slave owners all through out african history.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #96
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Conservative radio host popular onetime Hannity guest charged with inciting viole

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Obama said his grandmothers racism was typical of white people.
    Yes I belive it is typical from people of that generation. I've heard from my own Grandmother and my Mother both of which said I would be dis owned if I brought a black girl home when I moved to Brooklyn from Dallas.

  7. #97
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Conservative radio host popular onetime Hannity guest charged with inciting viole

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    People go to church for their own spiritual beliefs, not necessarily because they believe what one particular preacher's personal and political views are. I've listened to people I don't agree with plenty of times.
    Wrights views were that of the whole churches. Are you seriously suggesting that wright was an anomoly there?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #98
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Conservative radio host popular onetime Hannity guest charged with inciting viole

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHat View Post
    Yeah, there is a huge difference.

    Farakhan and Wright, though terrible and worthless to say what they said, doesnt fit in the same league as what this Turner guy said.

    Had Wright or Farkhan told folks to go forth and take up arms and kill folks, then that would be a different story.

    It may come from the same roots, but 1 is most certainly going into the realm of instigating violence on another human being, as compared to just saying "God damn America" isnt instigating violence on folks.

    This is coming from someone who doesnt like Wright or Farakhan, but the difference b/w what they said and what Turner said are not the same thing.




    True, I agree, however, there is also the issue of bill ayers, an unrepentant terrorist who did carry out bombings and what not.


    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #99
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Conservative radio host popular onetime Hannity guest charged with inciting viole

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Wrights views were that of the whole churches. Are you seriously suggesting that wright was an anomoly there?
    The whole church, huh? Really? Would you care to prove that?

    I'm not suggesting he was an anomaly, but I am saying that just because Obama attended that church doesn't mean that he shares the man's political and racial views.

  10. #100
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Conservative radio host popular onetime Hannity guest charged with inciting viole

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Just for the record, I did not want to use the headline tying Hannity to Turner. However, I also had to follow BN guidelines.

    Having said that, let me state that Hannity and Turner were friends for many years. Whether Hannity broke off with Turner because he was afraid it would hurt his career, or whether he did it because of a change of heart, is something that neither you nor I can state with a certainty. At this point, I will take Hannity at his word that he does not now share the same views as Turner.



    Years? It was brief, and as soon as hannity found out about him disowned him.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •