Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 101

Thread: Six: New Hampshire will legalize same sex marriage

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Six: New Hampshire will legalize same sex marriage

    No, you don't live in NH, therefore per your OP this is non of your business either.

    So, if you can post about it, I can post about it too
    Last edited by Jerry; 06-04-09 at 07:32 PM.

  2. #62
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Six: New Hampshire will legalize same sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    No, you don't live in NH, therefore per your OP this is non of your business either.

    So, if you can post about it, I can post about it too
    I think his position was qualified in such a manner as to make your last two posts unnecessary

    it is none of your business should you attempt to force your belief on New Hampshire in order to get them to change their law.

  3. #63
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Six: New Hampshire will legalize same sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    You had a choice. You didn't have to read the thread. yet you did.

    But you do ask where we shall begin, so let me begin by asking you a riddle. Please humor me here, and the reason I am asking this riddle will be made apparent in my next post.

    Why has the Texas Constitution been amended thousands of times, in fact, so many times that there are dozens of thick volumes on only the amendments to the Texas Constitution, yet the United States Constitution has been amended less than 30 times in more than two centuries, and takes up only a few pages?

    I will tie this to the issue before us shortly.
    Can you at least amend the question to "Why has the Texas Constitution been amended 456 times since 1876"?

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Six: New Hampshire will legalize same sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    Can you at least amend the question to "Why has the Texas Constitution been amended 456 times since 1876"?
    Why? His question was posed in a perfectly legitimate way.

  5. #65
    Sage
    akyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,463

    Re: Six: New Hampshire will legalize same sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Good for them. I hope more protests break out against those who would demand that the government bar citizens from equal access to and enjoyment of an institution and the added benefits and rights it grants.
    Ahh so it has nothing to do with love or devotion but its about ganking more cash out of the US government/Taxpayer.

    That makes much more sense now.

    Now is a great time for it.
    Last edited by akyron; 06-04-09 at 08:14 PM.
    Thank you

  6. #66
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Six: New Hampshire will legalize same sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Why? His question was posed in a perfectly legitimate way.
    Because the Texas Constitution has been amended a total of 456 times since 1876. That's not "thousands".

    Yeah, today I'm in touch with my inner pedant.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Six: New Hampshire will legalize same sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by akyron View Post
    Ahh so it has nothing to do with love or devotion but its about ganking more cash out of the US government.

    That makes much more sense now.

    Now is a great time for it.
    Your obtuse attempt to reframe the issue into some kind of bogey man is not going to fly with me, chuckles.

    It is about equality and being treated fairly by your government. It is about the disapproval of the mob not having any ability to force their restrictions to a government institution on me.

    Block the ****ing streets daily if it has to be done. I'm tired of playing civil.

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Six: New Hampshire will legalize same sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    Because the Texas Constitution has been amended a total of 456 times since 1876. That's not "thousands".

    Yeah, today I'm in touch with my inner pedant.
    I'm just saying 456 compared to 30 or a couple thousand compared to 30...same difference.

  9. #69
    Sage
    akyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,463

    Re: Six: New Hampshire will legalize same sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Your obtuse attempt to reframe the issue into some kind of bogey man is not going to fly with me, chuckles.

    It is about equality and being treated fairly by your government. It is about the disapproval of the mob not having any ability to force their restrictions to a government institution on me.

    Block the ****ing streets daily if it has to be done. I'm tired of playing civil.
    Get over it. You cannot depend on other people to define you. No one can give you freedom or rights. Anyone of age can "get married" any time they please.

    What you can take/get from other people is money though. That is what this is about.

    I would rather remove tax/insurance credits for married people period than add another 30,382,464 people with their hands out.
    Last edited by akyron; 06-04-09 at 08:25 PM.
    Thank you

  10. #70
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Six: New Hampshire will legalize same sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    Because the Texas Constitution has been amended a total of 456 times since 1876. That's not "thousands".

    Yeah, today I'm in touch with my inner pedant.
    So how long have you been anal retentive?

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •