Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 89

Thread: Bummer, Chinese Commies Buy HUMMER

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    11-01-09 @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    829

    Re: Bummer, Chinese Commies Buy HUMMER

    Nations like the United States and China don't turn on a dime, you have to look not at where they were but where the head of the snake in moving to. And over the past few decades China has been steadily moving toward capitalism, while U.S. - not so much.

    At some point we'll have to stop calling them commies.

    And at some point they may start using that name on us.


  2. #22
    Conservative Independent
    DarkWizard12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tyler TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,562

    Re: Bummer, Chinese Commies Buy HUMMER

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Libman View Post
    Nations like the United States and China don't turn on a dime, you have to look not at where they were but where the head of the snake in moving to. And over the past few decades China has been steadily moving toward capitalism, while U.S. - not so much.

    At some point we'll have to stop calling them commies.

    And at some point they may start using that name on us.

    WHy is it that, while China is opening up toward capitalism, we are running away from it? It makes absolutely no sense.

  3. #23
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: Bummer, Chinese Commies Buy HUMMER

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkWizard12 View Post
    WHy is it that, while China is opening up toward capitalism, we are running away from it? It makes absolutely no sense.
    I say it's our education system and the expectation that everything in life should be easy. Decades of living the good life furnished to us by our parents has led us with the expectation that if we can't do it for ourselves, someone else should do it for us. Also blame the self-worth movement and other psycho-babble nonsense.

  4. #24
    Conservative Independent
    DarkWizard12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Tyler TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,562

    Re: Bummer, Chinese Commies Buy HUMMER

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    I say it's our education system and the expectation that everything in life should be easy. Decades of living the good life furnished to us by our parents has led us with the expectation that if we can't do it for ourselves, someone else should do it for us. Also blame the self-worth movement and other psycho-babble nonsense.
    you think any of these economic troubles will fix this? At all? Like, maybe this country going bankrupt will make people see that no one has the right to be "happy", just to pursue it? I'm thinking, maybe after that, we could finally become a superpower again and out-strip china in 50 years.
    Last edited by DarkWizard12; 06-03-09 at 05:33 PM.

  5. #25
    Professor
    Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    04-27-17 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,782

    Re: Bummer, Chinese Commies Buy HUMMER

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkWizard12 View Post
    you think any of these economic troubles will fix this? At all? Like, maybe this country going bankrupt will make people see that no one has the right to be "happy", just to pursue it? I'm thinking, maybe after that, we could finally become a superpower again and out-strip china in 50 years.
    Heh..A line of thought I have often had is I wonder how many people were lazy after the Great Depression..
    From the ashes.

  6. #26
    Professor
    Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    04-27-17 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,782

    Re: Bummer, Chinese Commies Buy HUMMER

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    China Firm to Buy Hummer - WSJ.com

    In another body slam to American pride the Chinese Communists are buying Hummer from the once venerable GM. Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery Co. is the company that is reported to be buying the Hummer brand.

    Bad enough to lose Hummer to the Communists but which has s lineage to the military vehicle known as the Humvee.

    Supposedly the Commnists will leave two US plants open but let's face how shamefull that Communists are buying Hummer.

    I am officially disgusted !! Thank all of you who buy foreign car!! Way to go!!
    I am sure the workers for Toyota, BMW, and Hummer are thanking people for buying foreign cars!
    From the ashes.

  7. #27
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,732

    Re: Bummer, Chinese Commies Buy HUMMER

    Cool - While we are weaning ourselves off of Arab oil, let the damn Chinese get addicted to it. LOL.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  8. #28
    Professor
    Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    04-27-17 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,782

    Re: Bummer, Chinese Commies Buy HUMMER

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    F107, yes, those companies were smart to build SUVs. It made economic sense and reaped them huge profits. However, they did not have a contingency plan in case oil prices went up. They did, and they had no alternatives. Now they're slow in transforming their lineup to get better fuel efficiency.

    Also, the UAW chokes American auto manufacturers. Bankruptcy may be the only way to get the leach off of the industry. The UAW is another hindrance to innovation and efficiency.
    American Auto Companies have plenty of small fuel efficient cars in their line up. However that is not the kinds of cars that people go to American car companies to purchase. It's about image. American car companies are more known for trucks and luxury cars, not sub compacts, even though they have nice small cars in their line up. A similar concept in motorcycles. People don't go to the Harley Davidson showroom to buy cafe racer style motorcycles, they want highway cruisers and "biker" bikes.
    From the ashes.

  9. #29
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    06-05-09 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    12

    Re: Bummer, Chinese Commies Buy HUMMER

    So, where is the money going that the chinese are paying for the hummer brand? Do we let the Obama administration squander that money too?
    What about the other brands being sold? It's time to take a stand against
    Obama's administration and the criminals he brought to Washington with him.
    While we're at it we need to get rid of Pelosi, Reid and Frank! It's been nothing but a grab for money since January. I am flabbergasted, that people seem to forget the lies told by Obama, Pelosi and Frank.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Bummer, Chinese Commies Buy HUMMER

    So Hummers are now made in China. Along with everything else.

    Gee, so much has changed.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •