Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 52

Thread: Majority of Americans favor Sotomayor confirmation

  1. #21
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,356
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Majority of Americans favor Sotomayor confirmation

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkWizard12 View Post
    Liberal logic: Popular opinion doesn't matter...except when it matters.
    You don't think those who will vote on her nomination will be looking at these polls?

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    12-02-09 @ 05:13 PM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,695

    Re: Majority of Americans favor Sotomayor confirmation

    Come on Righties don't wimp out on this one..charge up that attack machine into full gear..The Republicans ignorant claims she's a hispanic racists amonst everything else is going to nothing but ensure that they never receive another Hispanic vote in any election in the future.

    Come on attack, attack, attack...this is a worthy fight.

  3. #23
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Majority of Americans favor Sotomayor confirmation

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    Come on Righties don't wimp out on this one..charge up that attack machine into full gear..The Republicans ignorant claims she's a hispanic racists amonst everything else is going to nothing but ensure that they never receive another Hispanic vote in any election in the future.

    Come on attack, attack, attack...this is a worthy fight.
    Thanks, this was very relevant.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Majority of Americans favor Sotomayor confirmation

    Quote Originally Posted by goldendog View Post
    Come on Righties don't wimp out on this one..charge up that attack machine into full gear..The Republicans ignorant claims she's a hispanic racists amonst everything else is going to nothing but ensure that they never receive another Hispanic vote in any election in the future.

    Come on attack, attack, attack...this is a worthy fight.
    I don't think it's fair to group the entire GOP with a very loud minority of far-right has-beens and pundits.

    The hispanic racist b.s. was tossed into the echo chamber by Rush and picked up by two old men suffering dementia (Gingrich and Buchanan).

    GOP Senators have stayed clean as far as I can tell.

    Sure, they will put on a show of dragging it out to appease the base, but they know she's more than qualified and a centrist.

    The far-rights on DP will put down the talking-point pipe and sober up, if they're smart.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Majority of Americans favor Sotomayor confirmation

    This the same majority that rejects same sex marriage?

    oops

    ...oh the contradictions are notable

    //

    I also enjoy noting how a majority of Americans as well as many here are seemingly capable of determining her worth in a lifetime position based on virtually no information whatsoever..they haven't even really begun the initial phases of the process to begin the confirmation process....
    Last edited by Triad; 06-03-09 at 04:27 AM.

  6. #26
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,356
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Majority of Americans favor Sotomayor confirmation

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    I don't think it's fair to group the entire GOP with a very loud minority of far-right has-beens and pundits.
    Why not? It's done to us liberals and democrats all the time, and usually with people even further from the mainstream than Rush.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Majority of Americans favor Sotomayor confirmation

    We have 9 for a reason..she will find the job not as glamorous as the invitation to do it. 'We' will mostly forget about her after the politics fade unless she turns into a Cynthia Mckinney.

    (IMO so far she shouldn't be for the seeming race based decisions opinions and her views that suggest she believes the legal field plays a legislative role in society. I also have suspicions her long winded rather double talk commentary style is just wordage for an activist minded judge.

    This position should be chosen by vote from a group of some amount by those in the Supreme Courts of each state. So 450 judges vote for who they think is the best judge after some evaluation period.
    But what we have has worked adequately longer then any of us have been alive and in more trying times then ours.)

  8. #28
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Majority of Americans favor Sotomayor confirmation

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You don't think those who will vote on her nomination will be looking at these polls?
    No. I doubt most will even acknowledge the poll.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  9. #29
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Majority of Americans favor Sotomayor confirmation

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Government by polls, yeah. What's wrong with your brain?
    Except that the principle logic of this is government doing what the people of the country want. Last time I checked, the government served the people. Not the people served the government as in a Fascist regime. While polling may not be the best form of determining what the people of the country, and thus the employers of those who work in the government want, your argument is essentially screw what the voters and people say which suggests that democracy isn't something that is high on your priority list.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  10. #30
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Majority of Americans favor Sotomayor confirmation

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Except that the principle logic of this is government doing what the people of the country want. Last time I checked, the government served the people. Not the people served the government as in a Fascist regime. While polling may not be the best form of determining what the people of the country, and thus the employers of those who work in the government want, your argument is essentially screw what the voters and people say which suggests that democracy isn't something that is high on your priority list.
    I think its important to listen to informed, educated people and not the majority.

    Democracy is a horrible way to do most things, including govern a country.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •