Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 131

Thread: Army Recruiter Killed In Little Rock Shooting

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Army Recruiter Killed In Little Rock Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    I'm guessing that this story didn't make big headlines for the following reasons:

    1. People are shot and killed every single day for a wide variety of reasons. What makes this case so special? Is it because he's Muslim and possibly did it for religious purposes? This isn't a big terrorist plot. It was one man shooting two men (one wounded, the other dead). Not only that, but this was in a mostly rural state. It seems to me that if it was a big terrorist plot they would have targeted something far bigger than two men outside of a recruitment station in Little Rock, Arkansas.

    2. As it stated in the article, there is no indication that he did anything other than act alone in this. The FBI is involved and I'm sure if there is a bigger plot at work here it will get headlines.

    3. Not everyone is on a crusade to demonize Islam, least of all the media. We are in a War on Terror, but this was one guy most likely acting alone. I'm sure that this would get bigger headlines if it warranted bigger headlines. Don't get me wrong, I hope this guy gets punished to the fullest extent of the law and I feel horrible for the man who died and his family. However, I still don't think that it warrants big headlines.
    I guess it doesn't occur to you that the SAME can be said for the murder of the abortionist. Here let me illustrate this for you by merely substituting a few words:

    I'm guessing that this story didn't make big headlines for the following reasons:

    1. People are shot and killed every single day for a wide variety of reasons. What makes this case so special? Is it because he's anti-abortion and possibly did it for religious purposes? This isn't a big terrorist plot. It was one man shooting ONE man . Not only that, but this was in a mostly rural state. It seems to me that if it was a big terrorist plot they would have targeted something far bigger than one man outside of a church in Kansas City, Kansas.

    2. As it stated in the article, there is no indication that he did anything other than act alone in this. The FBI is involved and I'm sure if there is a bigger plot at work here it will get headlines.

    3. .....I'm sure that this would get bigger headlines if it warranted bigger headlines. Don't get me wrong, I hope this guy gets punished to the fullest extent of the law and I feel horrible for the man who died and his family. However, I still don't think that it warrants big headlines.


    But the reason the abortionist is BIG news is because the media defends the right to abortion, even late term abortions and seeks to impugn anyone who has anti-abortion opinion. That is EXACTLY the point Sarge is making.

    I am hardly surprised you will continue to fail to see the irony in your assertions.

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Army Recruiter Killed In Little Rock Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    Are you suggesting that, since this murderer is Muslim, we should assume this man successfully committed a terrorist attack on American soil and it is not just a murderer? The article quickly points out that this man was merely a Muslim and not connected to any group, to remove the thought that this was a terrorist attack.
    Your obtuse notions about my assertions aside, it is readily apparent that I am asserting that there is a profound BIAS in the mainstream media and the methods they use doing their reporting.

    Funny how you completely ignore that to continue on an uninformed rant about what I MAY have meant when it is pretty damned cleat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    Scott Roeder, Tiller's murderer, was a former member of Montana Freemen (an antii-government group) and alleged current member of the anti-government group Sovereign Citizen Movement, he was also convicted have having bomb making materials in his car in the 90's and is diagnosed schizophrenic.
    And that is supposed to mean what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    But since he's not a Muslim labeling him a terrorist is just wrong.
    What a fascinating assertion; did the news stories label Scott a terrorist? I must have missed that argument.

    But assuming it had, who is making the argument you claim; certainly not me or Sarge? Fascinating how you continue to fail when it comes to reading comprehension or is it just willful denial?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    Yes your agenda and biases are clear in every post you make.
    It is clear why you chose "Gibberish" for a screen name based on the above.

    Main Entry: gibberish !ji-b(u-)rish !gi-b(u-)rish
    Pronunciation: \ ˈji-b(ə-)rish, ˈgi- \
    Function: noun
    Etymology: probably from gibber
    Date: circa 1554
    Results
    a. a technical or esoteric language b. b pretentious or needlessly obscure language


    So all that stated, can you explain how the story about the murder of an abortionist deserves numerous pages of news space over several days versus the story of someone shooting military personnel and recruits outside of recruiting stations?

    While you are desperately trying to explain that, can you also explain why the news desperately attempts to explain away this Muslim as not belonging to any group without any investigation yet are more than happy to associate Scott with “right wing militias?”

    The honest answers to those questions will bring you closer to the TRUTH and move you away from parroting Liberal talking points and attacking me personally.

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Army Recruiter Killed In Little Rock Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    What training did he receive in Yemen? I haven't read anything about that from any news source so far.
    Perhaps with some effort from the media, you will get this news. That was the WHOLE point of Sarge's argument.

  4. #84
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Army Recruiter Killed In Little Rock Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I guess it doesn't occur to you that the SAME can be said for the murder of the abortionist. Here let me illustrate this for you by merely substituting a few words:

    I'm guessing that this story didn't make big headlines for the following reasons:

    1. People are shot and killed every single day for a wide variety of reasons. What makes this case so special? Is it because he's anti-abortion and possibly did it for religious purposes? This isn't a big terrorist plot. It was one man shooting ONE man . Not only that, but this was in a mostly rural state. It seems to me that if it was a big terrorist plot they would have targeted something far bigger than one man outside of a church in Kansas City, Kansas.

    2. As it stated in the article, there is no indication that he did anything other than act alone in this. The FBI is involved and I'm sure if there is a bigger plot at work here it will get headlines.

    3. .....I'm sure that this would get bigger headlines if it warranted bigger headlines. Don't get me wrong, I hope this guy gets punished to the fullest extent of the law and I feel horrible for the man who died and his family. However, I still don't think that it warrants big headlines.


    But the reason the abortionist is BIG news is because the media defends the right to abortion, even late term abortions and seeks to impugn anyone who has anti-abortion opinion. That is EXACTLY the point Sarge is making.

    I am hardly surprised you will continue to fail to see the irony in your assertions.
    Um... I'm also not asserting that it's a big terrorist plot or complaining that it's not getting big enough headlines. I also think the reason that the Tiller issue got big headlines is because Tiller is a big controversial figure in the abortion issue as he performed many late term abortions. I realize it's more fun to assert that there is some big left wing media conspiracy going on, but based on what I've seen it hardly seems realistic.

    And please try to stay on topic and quit trying to derail the thread with your incessant trolling and lame personal attacks. Thanks.

  5. #85
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Army Recruiter Killed In Little Rock Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Perhaps with some effort from the media, you will get this news. That was the WHOLE point of Sarge's argument.
    If SgtRock has some inside information on this murderer being trained to perform such attacks in Yemen he should share it. Until then there is no factual evidence that Yemen has anything to do with this.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Army Recruiter Killed In Little Rock Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    Um... I'm also not asserting that it's a big terrorist plot....
    Who made this argument?

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    Um....or complaining that it's not getting big enough headlines.
    Who made this argument?

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    I also think the reason that the Tiller issue got big headlines is because Tiller is a big controversial figure in the abortion issue as he performed many late term abortions.
    I would beg to differ with you; a vast majority of people, like myself, have never heard of this person until he commited a murder, much like we never know this "converted" Muslim before he murdered military recruits.

    How is one MORE relevant than the other if not for an agenda?

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    I realize it's more fun to assert that there is some big left wing media conspiracy going on, but based on what I've seen it hardly seems realistic.
    Yet I posted two articles in the same paper at the same time to prove my case; yours is more of the "because I say so." Hardly compelling don't you think?

    The only thing that is NOT realistic is your desperate attempt to suggest that your opinion somehow should trump the FACTS.

    Quote Originally Posted by dclxvinoise View Post
    And please try to stay on topic and quit trying to derail the thread with your incessant trolling and lame personal attacks. Thanks.
    Once again, more of your OPINION and "because you say so;" I am definitely ON topic and you would have to re-define trolling and what a "personal" attack is to claim I am doing that here.

    But then, desperate hyperbole is more your forte' than putting together a coherent argument.

    What this really is, is your realization that you are not making much sense so now you have to assert this is “personal” in nature which appears to also be your MO here on DP.

    Now try to STAY on topic and deal with the ARGUMENTS and stop desperately trying to make this “personal.”

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Army Recruiter Killed In Little Rock Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    If SgtRock has some inside information on this murderer being trained to perform such attacks in Yemen he should share it. Until then there is no factual evidence that Yemen has anything to do with this.
    I am sure that with some time this evidence will be posted here as the media catches up with the FACTS. I agree, Sgt. should post any evidence he has as to this Muslim Converts background which the media appears to be desperate to avoid.

  8. #88
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Army Recruiter Killed In Little Rock Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Who made this argument?
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    Thats complete BS, Natalee Holloway, Caylee Anthony, Stacy Peterson, and JonBentet Ramsey were all complete unknowns. And Im sure there is a plot and this guy could lead to a terrorist network. But nooooo, we can't have the media beating the drum in this case. Its politically incorrect. It might offend someone.
    Who made this argument?
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    Do not expect to see this story in the mainstream media. If you do it wont last more than a few days and then it will be dropped unlike the story of the child killer Dr George Tiller which will remain in the news for months. Kept alive by the pro-choice media. Meanwhile this story will be buried asap.Its a sickening twisted backwards time we live in.
    I would beg to differ with you; a vast majority of people, like myself, have never heard of this person until he commited a murder, much like we never know this "converted" Muslim before he murdered military recruits.
    I've heard of him before. I'm sure a fair amount of pro-life people have heard of him before. I've never heard of the army recruiter before and I'd wager a guess that nobody here on DP has heard of him before either.

    How is one MORE relevant than the other if not for an agenda?
    I already went over this.

    Yet I posted two articles in the same paper at the same time to prove my case; yours is more of the "because I say so." Hardly compelling don't you think?
    Again, I already went over this. You may not view Tiller as higher profile, but a lot of people do. He's been in the headlines before because he's a topic of controversy. None of the people involved in this story have that I've seen.

    The only thing that is NOT realistic is your desperate attempt to suggest that your opinion somehow should trump the FACTS.
    More personal attacks.

    Once again, more of your OPINION and "because you say so;" I am definitely ON topic and you would have to re-define trolling and what a "personal" attack is to claim I am doing that here.

    But then, desperate hyperbole is more your forte' than putting together a coherent argument.

    What this really is, is your realization that you are not making much sense so now you have to assert this is “personal” in nature which appears to also be your MO here on DP.

    Now try to STAY on topic and deal with the ARGUMENTS and stop desperately trying to make this “personal.”
    I don't know why you insist on doing this every time you get in an argument with someone that you don't agree with. From now on, I'm just going to start reporting your posts. So take that as fair warning and please try to stay on topic without resorting to personal attacks. Thanks.

  9. #89
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Army Recruiter Killed In Little Rock Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Your obtuse notions about my assertions aside, it is readily apparent that I am asserting that there is a profound BIAS in the mainstream media and the methods they use doing their reporting.

    Funny how you completely ignore that to continue on an uninformed rant about what I MAY have meant when it is pretty damned cleat.
    I didn't ignore that at all. There is a bias in the media. They only report on the most dramatic stories.

    This Army Recruiter murderer committed a terrorist attack (killing one of our military personnel on American soil). What we don't know is if this murderer committed this act for political, religious, or personal reason. What we do know thus far is he committed this act on his own as their is no evidence to suggest otherwise. We don't and shouldn't randomly associate acts to group of people when there is no evidence to support association.


    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    And that is supposed to mean what?
    You implied that the media was wrongfully labeling Scott Roeder as an anti-government extremist. I was pointing out that he was a known anti-government extremist.

    It seems you find it OK for the media to label all Muslims who commit crimes terrorists but it's not OK to label known extremists as extremists if they aren't Muslim.

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    What a fascinating assertion; did the news stories label Scott a terrorist? I must have missed that argument.
    Of course not, it was a murder. A terrorist attack would have required an attack to our government or infrastructure. If this Muslim killed some random person on the street and not military personnel would you still call him a terrorist?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    But assuming it had, who is making the argument you claim; certainly not me or Sarge? Fascinating how you continue to fail when it comes to reading comprehension or is it just willful denial?
    Your previous post is clear that you found the media biased in this instance because they did not associated the Army Recruiter's murderer with an terrorist groups but did point out that Tiller's murder was part of anti-government groups.



    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    It is clear why you chose "Gibberish" for a screen name based on the above.

    Main Entry: gibberish !ji-b(u-)rish !gi-b(u-)rish
    Pronunciation: \ ˈji-b(ə-)rish, ˈgi- \
    Function: noun
    Etymology: probably from gibber
    Date: circa 1554
    Results
    a. a technical or esoteric language b. b pretentious or needlessly obscure language
    Your debate skills are outstanding.

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    So all that stated, can you explain how the story about the murder of an abortionist deserves numerous pages of news space over several days versus the story of someone shooting military personnel and recruits outside of recruiting stations?
    Because the individual killed and the individual who performed the murder both have independent controversial history. Especially the one murdered. A public figure being murdered will also receive more media coverage then someone 99% of America has never heard of.


    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    While you are desperately trying to explain that, can you also explain why the news desperately attempts to explain away this Muslim as not belonging to any group without any investigation yet are more than happy to associate Scott with “right wing militias?”
    Because Scott was KNOWN to be associated with anti-government militias, the Muslim was not known to be associated with any terrorist groups and no groups have claimed to be working with him. In refrence to his conversion to Islam, his local mosque said he has never attended.

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    The honest answers to those questions will bring you closer to the TRUTH and move you away from parroting Liberal talking points and attacking me personally.
    I hope everyone else get's as much of a laugh at this as I did. The irony of you stating this is overwhelming, especially given the quoted responses above.
    Last edited by Gibberish; 06-03-09 at 04:15 PM.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  10. #90
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Army Recruiter Killed In Little Rock Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I am sure that with some time this evidence will be posted here as the media catches up with the FACTS. I agree, Sgt. should post any evidence he has as to this Muslim Converts background which the media appears to be desperate to avoid.
    Evidence must exist for the media to avoid it. Obviously SgtRock's word that Yemen in involved is fact enough for you.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •