Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 217

Thread: Cheney Says There Was No Iraq Link to 9/11 Attacks

  1. #201
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Cheney Says There Was No Iraq Link to 9/11 Attacks

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Until you provide a link to a cease-fire agreement between Iraq and the United States, I am going to assume you are lying.
    That there was a cease-fire on 3-3-91 is a matter of historical record.
    You can assume I am lying about that, but that just points to dishonesty on your part.

    You aren't even able to outline what these threats were, instead resorting to saying "I already said it, but I'm not showing you where!"
    My post is clear, as are the desctiptions of the threats.
    Now, if you want to put your fingers in your ears and yell "I can't hear you!" -- well, there's not much I can do about that.

  2. #202
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,899

    Re: Cheney Says There Was No Iraq Link to 9/11 Attacks

    That there was a cease-fire on 3-3-91 is a matter of historical record.
    You can assume I am lying about that, but that just points to dishonesty on your part.
    Harshaw already covered this one by further elaborating on my assertion:

    The terms were set forth in Res 686 and signed by the US, et al, and Iraq on 3/3/91. It was formalized in Res 687 in April.

    You made the claim that the US and Iraq have signed a separate cease-fire agreement outside of UNSCR687 (and 686, if you want to get fussy); this is obviously false.

    Do you want to concede now?

    My post is clear, as are the desctiptions of the threats.
    Now, if you want to put your fingers in your ears and yell "I can't hear you!" -- well, there's not much I can do about that.
    Actually, I'm asking you to formulate your own argument instead of posting a list of quotes, but you are apparently unable to do that.

  3. #203
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Cheney Says There Was No Iraq Link to 9/11 Attacks

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Harshaw already covered this one by further elaborating on my assertion:

    The terms were set forth in Res 686 and signed by the US, et al, and Iraq on 3/3/91. It was formalized in Res 687 in April.

    You made the claim that the US and Iraq have signed a separate cease-fire agreement outside of UNSCR687 (and 686, if you want to get fussy); this is obviously false.

    Do you want to concede now?
    Theres no concession necessary, as we're both right.

    So, thus far, you dont have a thing to support your idea that the war is illegal.

    Actually, I'm asking you to formulate your own argument instead of posting a list of quotes, but you are apparently unable to do that.
    False premise, that I need to do so, and that the quotes I provided do not illustrate the threat, as expressed by those who were aware of the information regarding same.

  4. #204
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,899

    Re: Cheney Says There Was No Iraq Link to 9/11 Attacks

    Theres no concession necessary, as we're both right.
    No, you were wrong. You claimed that there was a separate cease-fire agreement between the US and Iraq. There was no separate cease-fire agreement. Hence, you are wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman
    You've been shown that a cease-fire was signed between the earring parties directly, seperate from any UN action to that effect.
    This is the statement in question.

    So, thus far, you dont have a thing to support your idea that the war is illegal.
    It was a violation of both UNSCR687 and the UN Charter. Thus, it was a violation of international law. Call that whatever you want.
    Last edited by Khayembii Communique; 06-03-09 at 12:19 PM.

  5. #205
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Cheney Says There Was No Iraq Link to 9/11 Attacks

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    No, you were wrong. You claimed that there was a separate cease-fire agreement between the US and Iraq. There was no separate cease-fire agreement. Hence, you are wrong.
    There was, and I am not. When the cease-fire was signed on 3-3-91, it was directly between the warring states, not the warring states and the UN.

    It was a violation of both UNSCR687 and the UN Charter. Thus, it was a violation of international law.
    Aside from the fact that you haven't shown that UNSCR687 was still the relevant, controlling insturment...
    It was NOT in violation of OTHER international law, however, and therefore NOT illegal.

  6. #206
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,899

    Re: Cheney Says There Was No Iraq Link to 9/11 Attacks

    There was, and I am not. When the cease-fire was signed on 3-3-91, it was directly between the warring states, not the warring states and the UN.
    Where is this independent cease-fire that you keep referring to? If there was a cease-fire agreement signed that is unrelated to UNSCR686 then you are going to have to provide it, or you don't have a leg to stand on.

    Like I've said, you can keep repeating your claim that it's true, but until you give us some form of substantiation it's going to remain speculation.

    Aside from the fact that you haven't shown that UNSCR687 was still the relevant, controlling insturment...
    It was NOT in violation of OTHER international law, however, and therefore NOT illegal.
    Let's focus on one thing at a time, as you are clearly unable to handle too much input.

  7. #207
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Cheney Says There Was No Iraq Link to 9/11 Attacks

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Where is this independent cease-fire that you keep referring to? If there was a cease-fire agreement signed that is unrelated to UNSCR686 then you are going to have to provide it, or you don't have a leg to stand on.
    Falsse premise -- that it might not be available on the web in no way means it doesnt exist, and a link from the internet is not the only way of proving that it does exist.

    FACT: There was a cease-fire agreement between the warring states (not the UN and the warring states) on 3-3-91, more than a MONTH before there was a UN cease-fire, as indicated by at least two sources, and the fact that the fighting stopped on 3-3-91.

    Let's focus on one thing at a time, as you are clearly unable to handle too much input.
    Ah -- trying to avoid the issue. Nice try.
    I guess you arent as bright as you'd like to think.
    -You have NOT shown that UNSCR687 was still the relevant controlling insturment, as you claim;
    -You have NOT shown that the war was illegal under the OTHER tenets of international law, previously noted.

  8. #208
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Cheney Says There Was No Iraq Link to 9/11 Attacks

    Quote Originally Posted by Binary_Digit View Post
    It doesn't matter if it turned out to be factual or not. It only matters what the IC believed at the time and what they were telling our leaders.

    I hate the Iraq war, and I think it was a poor decision in light of what Bush knew at the time, but I agree with sazerac that there was some evidence that Hussein was a threat to the U.S. in at least some capacity.
    I'm glad to hear that it matters to you that when one of our intelligence agencies warn the president about threats to our country that those threats should be taken very seriously. They should be looked into and vetted as much as possible.

    There was no proof that Hussein truly wanted to attack us or that he had the capability to do it. That much is fact. End of that story.

    However, how do you excuse Bush from ignoring all the warnings he had about Osama Bin Laden intending to attack us prior to 9/11? He was warned about OBL when he took office by Bill Clinton. His responce? "I'll put Iraq as our #1 priority. Thank you." ??? Based on what???

    He was repeatedly warned by General Richard Clark. He fired Clark for his patriotism and persistence.

    The CIA went down to the President's so-called ranch in Crawford, Texas to presnt him with that classified and very timely report entitled, "Bin Laden Determined To Attack US". What was Bush's response after the CIA was done speaking? "Ok, you guys have now covered your asses." What???

    After all those, and many more, warnings Bush didn't take one single action to protect our country, his #1 responsibility as POTUS! That stupid, illiterate, intellectually lazy cowboy didn't do anything to protect us - in spite of plenty of warnings!

    So, I'm curious? You defend him for invading an innocent country based on transparent threats of a buffoon. How do you excuse him for not acting on much more evidence of threats that could have prevented the 9/11 attack?
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  9. #209
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Cheney Says There Was No Iraq Link to 9/11 Attacks

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Yes it was debunked. Wish I had more time right now, like I said, later I'll post up.
    No it wasn't debunked by a long shot, the Pentagon Review of DOCEX proves conclusively that Saddam was sponsoring terrorist attacks against the U.S. right up until the fall of Baghdad including AQ affiliates. Not to mention his numerous high level contacts with AQ proper including harboring Abdul Rahman Yasin who along with Ramzi Yousef (nephew of KSM) bombed the WTC in 1993 and his offer of safe haven to OBL after 9-11.

  10. #210
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Past the edge of the universe, through the singularity, and out the other side.
    Last Seen
    09-01-10 @ 05:23 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,324

    Re: Cheney Says There Was No Iraq Link to 9/11 Attacks

    Um that's after the war started and yes after the war started the land between two rivers was the geographical base of AQ.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •