Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 70

Thread: Air France plane disappears above the atlantic

  1. #11
    Advisor TheHat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-17-13 @ 06:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    551

    Re: Air France plane disappears above the atlantic

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    "An airbus from Air France has disappeared from the radars a few hours ago. It took off from Rio de Janeiro and should have landed in Paris 2 hours ago.

    There were 215 passengers and 16 crew members inside of the Airbus."

    7s7 Monde - 228 personnes et un avion ont disparu des radars (872199)

    Wow I hope the pilot has successfully crash-landed his plane and that the rescue teams hurry the **** up, because I don't think they'll stay alive more than 6 hours in the water if they've not be killed during the crash
    What? Did the plane get teleported to another dimension? How does a plane disappear?

    How about, it CRASHED!!! Disappearing means it vanished, POOOF!

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Air France plane disappears above the atlantic

    I think there are some suggestions that it might have been a tropical storm that the flight went into at it's most intense level (50,000 feet)

  3. #13
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,207

    Re: Air France plane disappears above the atlantic

    According to France, it is unlikely that any of the 228 people on the flight had survived. Sucks.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Air France plane disappears above the atlantic

    Based on what I am hearing, this could have been a terrorist’s bomb.

    A sudden automatic transmission of an electrical failure followed by no communication from the aircraft suggests a sudden and massive decompression which can only be explained by an explosion in my opinion.

    Unfortunately, flights over the vast oceans cannot be tracked by radar and have sparse radio contact with stations based on islands and peninsulas so data is difficult to obtain about what may have occurred. Hopefully they will be able to find the debris and locate the aircraft but we may not know anything substantive for a year.

    Lightening strikes or turbulence is a wild-eyed speculation and doubtful reasons for the aircrafts disappearance. Flying at 39,000, you will not encounter weather to speak of but could encounter violent turbulence; but I have never seen one instance where turbulence caused a large aircraft like this to fail.

  5. #15
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Air France plane disappears above the atlantic

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Based on what I am hearing, this could have been a terrorist’s bomb.

    A sudden automatic transmission of an electrical failure followed by no communication from the aircraft suggests a sudden and massive decompression which can only be explained by an explosion in my opinion.

    Unfortunately, flights over the vast oceans cannot be tracked by radar and have sparse radio contact with stations based on islands and peninsulas so data is difficult to obtain about what may have occurred. Hopefully they will be able to find the debris and locate the aircraft but we may not know anything substantive for a year.

    Lightening strikes or turbulence is a wild-eyed speculation and doubtful reasons for the aircrafts disappearance. Flying at 39,000, you will not encounter weather to speak of but could encounter violent turbulence; but I have never seen one instance where turbulence caused a large aircraft like this to fail.
    Air France experts disagree with you, they say it's likely a lightning strike (the plane was flying through what pilots call "the black box", apparently it is a kind of huge lightening storm around the equator)

    7s7 Monde - Le plus "vraisemblable" est que l'avion a été "foudroyé" (872312)

    No one talks about bombs. No terrorist organisation has claimed it had destroyed the plane.
    Last edited by bub; 06-01-09 at 04:25 PM.

  6. #16
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,207

    Re: Air France plane disappears above the atlantic

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    Air France experts disagree with you, they say it's likely a lightning strike

    7s7 Monde - Le plus "vraisemblable" est que l'avion a été "foudroyé" (872312)

    No one talks about bombs. No terrorist organisation has claimed it had destroyed the plane.
    There's also no point in a terrorist strike if nobody hears about it.
    Terrorists are more likely to hijack a plane or bomb it over land than just bomb it in the middle of the ocean.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  7. #17
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Air France plane disappears above the atlantic

    And they say they have just localised the crash site, it seems to be 250 miles off Brazil

    Un Belge parmi les disparus, selon Air France - lesoir.be

    Spanish and Brazilian navies and US satellites are helping the French navy to locate the plane precizely
    Last edited by bub; 06-01-09 at 04:32 PM.

  8. #18
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Air France plane disappears above the atlantic

    Quote Originally Posted by bub View Post
    "An airbus from Air France has disappeared from the radars a few hours ago. It took off from Rio de Janeiro and should have landed in Paris 2 hours ago.

    There were 215 passengers and 16 crew members inside of the Airbus."

    7s7 Monde - 228 personnes et un avion ont disparu des radars (872199)

    Wow I hope the pilot has successfully crash-landed his plane and that the rescue teams hurry the **** up, because I don't think they'll stay alive more than 6 hours in the water if they've not be killed during the crash
    There is only a limited amount of fuel for a plane, does anyone know if the plane realistically ran out by now? It must have crashed or landed, just heard on BBC that the chances of survivors are small. Not good


  9. #19
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Air France plane disappears above the atlantic

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHat View Post
    What? Did the plane get teleported to another dimension? How does a plane disappear?

    How about, it CRASHED!!! Disappearing means it vanished, POOOF!
    It has disappeared from the radar screens, that's what the newspaper was saying

  10. #20
    R.I.P. Léo
    bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    05-17-12 @ 03:54 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,649

    Re: Air France plane disappears above the atlantic

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    There is only a limited amount of fuel for a plane, does anyone know if the plane realistically ran out by now? It must have crashed or landed, just heard on BBC that the chances of survivors are small. Not good
    It took off like 20 hours ago should have landed 10 hours ago...an Airbus can't fly 20 hours on a row!

    I hope it has softly "crash landed" on the sea, but according to what I've read it's unlikely, as airliners usually explode when they do this

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •