Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 340

Thread: GM goes bankrupt and gets nationalised

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: GM goes bankrupt and gets nationalised

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    You don't know what your talking about. That is very clear with your bigoted regionalist attacks.
    Please, don't assume you know jack. Not only did I live in Detroit for 10 years and outside Flint for 5 years in my youth but I now live in NC. I have and had many family members in various union jobs, including the UAW.
    Union workers get paid more than what they are worth.
    What a load of crap. That's really not for you to decide.

    If they wanted more they themselves could have become, gasp, shareholders.
    Obviously you know nothing about the stock market too. Do you actually know anything?

    Its funny to me because when all these too big to fail companies finally implode I get more job opportunities.
    Well good for you.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: GM goes bankrupt and gets nationalised

    Quote Originally Posted by Don't Tase Me Bro View Post
    No, a British worker does not receive a better standard of health care than Americans. Health care in Britain sucks big time. They ration, they have massively long waiting lists for surgery, they get denied life saving drugs if the state deems it will cost too much, etc. You can read about this almost daily in some newspaper some where. You have no idea what you're talking about.
    And you know all about it because you live in South Carolina.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: GM goes bankrupt and gets nationalised

    Quote Originally Posted by Don't Tase Me Bro View Post
    Oh really? Prove it.
    The sun will shine tomorrow, need me to prove that too? Maybe you haven't been paying attention to the argument that's been going on concerning the UAW and the big three.

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: GM goes bankrupt and gets nationalised

    Quote Originally Posted by Don't Tase Me Bro View Post
    Yeah, that's what kills me more than anything. The government screws up everything it touches and yet we have all these morons out there who want to literally risk life and death for someone else to pay their medical bills all under the bureaucracy of the government.
    Yup, you really are from SC.

    How does the entity that pays the bill cause you to risk life and death? Seems to me that people are dieing due to LACK of health coverage AND people are dieing because their private insurance won't pay for procedures. Go back to reading the bible, the end is near ya know.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: GM goes bankrupt and gets nationalised

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Once again we see a "bumper sticker" argument from Liberals who would rather parrot Liberal talking points than examine the FACTS.

    Initially, many transplant companies actively chose locations in right-to-work states in the south to avoid unionized labor in the north, and the presumed accompanying costs. Even though the transplants still prefer right-to-work locations, their per employee compensation costs have remained comparable to those of workers in unionized plants.

    http://www.cargroup.org/pdfs/North-SouthPaper.PDF
    Oh, so then it's not the union that hurt the big three... You can't blame the union workers and then, when it's beneficial to your argument, ignore your previous position.

  6. #66
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: GM goes bankrupt and gets nationalised

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    What a load of crap. That's really not for you to decide.
    except
    big 3 labor cost of $78/hr
    Foriegn co's here labor cost of $48/ hr
    How do you expect them to compete?
    apparently the Consumers have decided that they are being paid too much
    because the companies have FAILED and a major component of that failure is the UAWs extortion for ridiculous wages and benefits
    $3000/wk for a labor job????
    $163k/ yr for a labor job????

    **** em, let em go under and see how the cost of labor goes down
    8 out of the 10 cars i have owned were american made, including my present 300C. But enough is enough

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: GM goes bankrupt and gets nationalised

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    This is false on a number of levels. Southerners are not stupid, and the fact that they do not unionize is certainly not the reason GM is failing.
    When you undermine your own pay because someone told you unions are bad then yes, you are stupid. Just as stupid as when you vote for a politician who is going to harm you in some fashion, economically, educationally... Stupid.

    Most parts suppliers in Michigan don't want to be in a union, because we just do not like what the UAW is or represents.
    Got a source or did you mean that you, don't want to be in the UAW? What is it that is so terrible about the UAW?

    Foreign auto makers only killed GM in that they have, some of them, been more successful than GM.
    And you don't think part of that is a lower employment cost, making cars cheaper? As well as bad business decisions.

    The fact that some of those same foreign auto makers supply many jobs to the US is worth noting as well.
    Thanks for that capt. obvious. You left out the part about - at a lower employment cost.

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: GM goes bankrupt and gets nationalised

    Quote Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
    This part appears to be the nucleus of your argument.

    Try this. A labor union is extortion by another name, and a goodly number of people don't want to belong, and I do mean belong to what by rights should be considered a criminal enterprise.
    OK, so now collective bargaining is extortion. So when you, meaning YOU, go to your boss and say - I want a raise in pay or I'm going to quit - you consider that extortion in the legal sense?

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: GM goes bankrupt and gets nationalised

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    A union's primary job is to get its memebers the most money for the least amount of work possible. This is NEVER good for business as it raises costs and lowers productivity.
    What? Geez, talk about hackery, dude, seriously, do you live in the south?

    A unions job is to negotiate fair compensation for it's members.

    So, the 'unionize the competition' is a solution only in the sense that it acts to bring everyone down to GM's level rather than strengthening GM's ability to compete.
    I guess you don't even understand what you are saying. If high compensation are the reason GM can't compete the raising the compensation of it's competition makes GM competitive.

  10. #70
    Professor
    Baralis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MO
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,394
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: GM goes bankrupt and gets nationalised

    You will find the states that are highly unionized have a lower productivity then non unionized states. You will also find that those state lose jobs to other states/countries at faster rate.

    How again is it good for the economy?

Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •