Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 340

Thread: GM goes bankrupt and gets nationalised

  1. #291
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: GM goes bankrupt and gets nationalised

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    No I understood your point perfectly well which is why you don't like the answer you don't like I responded with.
    It would require an actual response first.

    Why do you think that is?
    Unions have driven up the price of doing business there.


    Why not? Because they increase the cost of housing and then other goods and services as well??
    Nope, simply don't want any more "enlightened" people here.

    Yes of course, in your completely unbiased opinion.


    Again you must be right because you are unbiased...
    Yes, as opposed to your completely biased opinion.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  2. #292
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: GM goes bankrupt and gets nationalised

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    Isn't Toyota wonderful... not that this has anything to do with the topic.
    Toyota doesn't have anything to do with it. It's the people that work there.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  3. #293
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: GM goes bankrupt and gets nationalised

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Otherwise known as.....socialism.
    Or more appropriately known as fair competition... If you knew what socialism was you might not make silly comments.

  4. #294
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: GM goes bankrupt and gets nationalised

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    Let's leave the union out for a second and make a analogy. Let's say you own a hardware store and you have 5 employees that you pay quite well with good benefits. You're making a profit and living a higher standard of living than those employees, not outrageously better but better, after all you are the own and risk taker.

    Now let's say that a foreign owned hardware store opens up across town. But they hire 10 illegal immigrants who work part time at 40% less than your employees, no benefits and they sell the same shovels only 20% less than you can sell them. Now, you have a choice, either you can A) go out of business or B) lower your labor cost. What will you do? You're stuck because of unfair competition. So you lower your wages, cut hours, and your good employees eventually quit because they can no longer afford to work for you. So do you hire 10 Illegals and work them part time just to compete? How have you helped your coummunity and the economy?

    Your ilk says but now more people can buy the shovels because they are cheaper. Except the people can't afford the shovel because their wages are too low. Now you and your competition are on equal terms. But, the foreign company is no longer making as much profit because you've gotten back some business that they aroginally took from you. So the foreign company lobbies congress to allow the import of cheaper shovels from their home nation. Now they've got you at a disadvantage because you buy shovels from a local shovel plant. What do you do? You stop buying the local made shovel and buy the cheaper imported one. Now the local shovel plant goes out of business. But you can compete with your competition. But of course the foreign company wants to take your customers again so they have their government subsidize healthcare for them. Now they have a lower employment cost again. This time however, you can't do the same thing because your town says NO to SOCIALIZED medicine. We can't have the insurance companies going out of business after all... Who would you pay your premiums to? A doctor? NO WAY!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayH View Post
    what a ****ty example
    my ilk would shut down the foriegn hardware store and arrest and deport the illegals, and fine the owner/management. I regain 100% market share
    taps foot and whistles

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  5. #295
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: GM goes bankrupt and gets nationalised

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    We all know that is just not fair for some people to have more than others.
    This is more con rhetoric. No one said that. Fair competition allows for ideas and superior products and services to make or break a company instead of an artificial advantage for some.

  6. #296
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: GM goes bankrupt and gets nationalised

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Interfering with the free matket only delays the time it takes for the free market to resolve economic issues in a positive, sustainable manner.

    The Obama (et al) are far more interested in shaping and molding the economy into their own socialist image than getting it back on the track to prospertity.
    Funny but it gets off track every time we have conservative control. Leze Faire economics do not and have not EVER worked... unless you'd like to be the first to show us a country where it's currently working.

  7. #297
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: GM goes bankrupt and gets nationalised

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayH View Post
    what a ****ty example
    my ilk would shut down the foriegn hardware store and arrest and deport the illegals, and fine the owner/management. I regain 100% market share
    I know that you feel ashamed that you can't make a coherent argument against the analogy but you'll really turn out to be a better person if you can admit when your positions are wrong.

  8. #298
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: GM goes bankrupt and gets nationalised

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Are you claiming that foreign car makers that have plants here in the U.S. don't give their employees heath insurance????
    No. Their government gives them money to cover the cost. It's called subsidizing.

  9. #299
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: GM goes bankrupt and gets nationalised

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    It would require an actual response first.
    I did answer which is what you responded to.

    Unions have driven up the price of doing business there.
    Really? What union(s) are you thinking of in NY?

    Nope, simply don't want any more "enlightened" people here.
    yeah, better to have stupid people so they can be easily controlled and believe whatever nonsense they are told.. like, your wages are just fine, you don't need a better standard of living.

    Yes, as opposed to your completely biased opinion.
    I'm not the one saying things like ford workers bicker while toyota workers are all euphoric...

  10. #300
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: GM goes bankrupt and gets nationalised

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Toyota doesn't have anything to do with it. It's the people that work there.
    Ignorance really is blissful eh?

Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •