Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 103

Thread: Obamas' Date Night in New York City Draws Criticism [edited]

  1. #81
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Obamas' Date Night in New York City Draws Criticism [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    During the time it takes Obama to pinch a deuce, the salaries of the people guarding/attending on him probably cost more than the average person makes in a year. Who the **** cares.
    Lovely scenario to express this fact in...

    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  2. #82
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:04 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,484
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Obamas' Date Night in New York City Draws Criticism [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    No the point which you seem to have missed is that Mr. Obama less then 2 Months ago blasted the Auto Exs for their little Ex Jets. I have no problem with him going out but to fly up to NYC for dinner and a show please he could have done that in DC if you go and read the article you will noted that this was discussed in said article.
    What's that saying... "Lead by example."

    Lead by example FAIL.

    Actually EPIC FAIL when you consider his and his party's rhetoric on this subject.

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  3. #83
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Obamas' Date Night in New York City Draws Criticism [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    What's that saying... "Lead by example."

    Lead by example FAIL.

    Actually EPIC FAIL when you consider his and his party's rhetoric on this subject.

    .
    I think "lose by example" would be more appropriate for those who whine about a presidential trip to Broadway, and those ditto-heads who persist should have EPIC LOSER tatooed on their foreheads.

  4. #84
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Obamas' Date Night in New York City Draws Criticism [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    I think "lose by example" would be more appropriate for those who whine about a presidential trip to Broadway, and those ditto-heads who persist should have EPIC LOSER tatooed on their foreheads.
    I think I wouldn't give a damn provided Dear Leader paid the freight instead of the taxpayers.

    Oh, wait. Dear Leader only spends the money Helicopter Ben prints; he doesn't use real money.

  5. #85
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Obamas' Date Night in New York City Draws Criticism [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    I think I wouldn't give a damn provided Dear Leader paid the freight instead of the taxpayers.

    Oh, wait. Dear Leader only spends the money Helicopter Ben prints; he doesn't use real money.
    I have no doubt the Obamas at least asked about paying their own way, but the demands of Secret Service probably make that impossible. I don't remember seeing any complaint about taxpayer money paying for the hunting trip Cheney made where he shot the guy in the face, or any of the dozens of dumbass trips taken by Bush. What did it cost the taxpayer to send Bush to Kennebunkport so he could fish?

  6. #86
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Obamas' Date Night in New York City Draws Criticism [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    What's that saying... "Lead by example."

    Lead by example FAIL.

    Actually EPIC FAIL when you consider his and his party's rhetoric on this subject.

    .
    What would you have been happy with? Should he have taken a bus? a train? driven? What are the costs of securing the roads from DC to NYC vs Obama flying a small version of Air Force One? OR is it your opinion that Obama shouldn't be able to leave DC due to budget cuts?
    Last edited by Gibberish; 06-01-09 at 12:26 PM.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Obamas' Date Night in New York City Draws Criticism [edited]

    I think it would be difficult to figure out what something like this cost.

    The drivers and the pilots and everybody has to get a check every week whether they a working or not.

    We own the planes and helicopters they took. I guess we gotta pay for the fuel.

    It's the same thing with the wars. "Well how much would we be paying anyway whether or not we were at war?" You still gotta pay the soldiers regardless of if we are at war or not. You still gotta feed them and shelter them.

    Anyway, I would hope I live in a country where our president can take his wife on an outing to NYC once in a while.

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: Obamas' Date Night in New York City Draws Criticism [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by sazerac View Post
    I think it would be difficult to figure out what something like this cost.

    The drivers and the pilots and everybody has to get a check every week whether they a working or not.

    We own the planes and helicopters they took. I guess we gotta pay for the fuel.

    It's the same thing with the wars. "Well how much would we be paying anyway whether or not we were at war?" You still gotta pay the soldiers regardless of if we are at war or not. You still gotta feed them and shelter them.

    Anyway, I would hope I live in a country where our president can take his wife on an outing to NYC once in a while.
    I can break down how much it cost if you like starting with the Secret Service all the way to the Turn around time on the 737 and VH-3.

  9. #89
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Obamas' Date Night in New York City Draws Criticism [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by sazerac View Post
    The drivers and the pilots and everybody has to get a check every week whether they a working or not.
    And it's not like they're getting hazard pay for this. New York City isn't that dangerous. lol.

    We own the planes and helicopters they took. I guess we gotta pay for the fuel.
    And additional maintenance, but that seems immaterial over the course of the equipment's useful life.

    It's the same thing with the wars. "Well how much would we be paying anyway whether or not we were at war?" You still gotta pay the soldiers regardless of if we are at war or not. You still gotta feed them and shelter them.
    Not quite. War you often get hazard pay and we need lots more stuff to wage the war. Peace time is pretty cheap. But you are right that we still have to pay personnel their salaries whether or not there is a war on or not.

    Anyway, I would hope I live in a country where our president can take his wife on an outing to NYC once in a while.
    It would be pretty scary if we got to a position where the president had to work for four years straight without any breaks.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  10. #90
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Obamas' Date Night in New York City Draws Criticism [edited]

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    I have no doubt the Obamas at least asked about paying their own way, but the demands of Secret Service probably make that impossible. I don't remember seeing any complaint about taxpayer money paying for the hunting trip Cheney made where he shot the guy in the face, or any of the dozens of dumbass trips taken by Bush. What did it cost the taxpayer to send Bush to Kennebunkport so he could fish?
    Hahahaha, asked to pay themselves. Hahahah.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •